Sign in to follow this  
NJwrestlingguy

Terry fined/suspended?

i was amazed at his stupidity myself. Ref would have been within his rights to stop the match and let the kid off his back.

by rule pretty sure it's a team point deduction, don't know why the refs can't simply follow the rules

by rule pretty sure it's a team point deduction, don't know why the refs can't simply follow the rules

This. If refs had the balls to call them out on it, they would stop quickly. Imagine if they lost the match because of that team point. That would instill some change immediately! 

Am I missing something? Who did Cael have that never redshirted in his 5 years at Penn State? I know some true freshmen have started, but at some point all redshirted up until now, correct?

I dont buy this excuse either. PA has always been the best wrestling state. It's about getting the Blue Chippers no matter where they are from. Look at PSUs line up. Cortez, Hall, Nickal, Cassar, and Nevills are not from PA. That's half the line up. And 125 and 133 aren't scoring any points, so really its more than half of the points they are getting are out of state.

Is this a statement that he was fined/suspended or is it a question of whether he should be?

i was amazed at his stupidity myself. Ref would have been within his rights to stop the match and let the kid off his back.

Listen to FRL today. Then keep pretending this is just the Brands, lol.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

This. If refs had the balls to call them out on it, they would stop quickly. Imagine if they lost the match because of that team point. That would instill some change immediately!

Exactly!

And yes, they aren't the only ones.

Edited by ionel

Seriously, I am not a Iowa fan but so what.   If the ref should have called something great.  Did he, no.   I think it adds something to talk about.  For years I have watched Steve Martin at ODU out on the mat.  Heck sometimes he seems to be standing next to the official having a conversation while wrestling is going on.  Some refs call him, some don't. Fans from apposing teams hate it, I find it funny, and would expect the ref to take a point.  I don't think he cares though.   I think this thread is a little "I hate Iowa, so it really bugs me."   There isn't a lot that makes college matches fun for the average spectator, so if these bad boys helps, we need more of these guys.

I usually think message boards overblow issues like this but touching a ref, while on the mat looking for a fall, during the deciding match of the dual is just plain wrong.  No if and or buts about it.  I consider self an Iowa fan and a Brandsx2 fan but I would have had zero qualms if they docked them a team point for that and it cost them the dual.  In fact I would say he should have docked him and was wrong not to.

Seriously, what on Earth was he thinking? Good gravy man...