• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 NJwrestlingguy

NJwrestlingguy

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,656 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 10:22 AM

Where else does a coach run to the mat during bout...touch official and not get punished?

Edited by NJwrestlingguy, 05 December 2017 - 10:37 AM.

#2 madcat11

madcat11

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 12:47 PM

Is this a statement that he was fined/suspended or is it a question of whether he should be?

Edited by madcat11, 05 December 2017 - 12:47 PM.

#3 ionel

ionel

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 01:12 PM

Is this a statement that he was fined/suspended or is it a question of whether he should be?

did you notice the ? at the end?
  • madcat11 likes this

#4 hammerlockthree

hammerlockthree

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,467 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 01:20 PM

i was amazed at his stupidity myself. Ref would have been within his rights to stop the match and let the kid off his back.

Edited by hammerlockthree, 05 December 2017 - 01:21 PM.

#5 TBar1977

TBar1977

Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • 10,679 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 01:26 PM

Match was at carver, right? Nothing to see here. Just move along already. 

• buf87 and wpialchamp like this

I have set aside funds to have six Green Bay Packers be my pall bearers, that way they can let me down one final time. 

#6 ionel

ionel

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 01:27 PM

i was amazed at his stupidity myself. Ref would have been within his rights to stop the match and let the kid off his back.

by rule pretty sure it's a team point deduction, don't know why the refs can't simply follow the rules

#7 hammerlockthree

hammerlockthree

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,467 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 01:31 PM

I wonder if carver hawkeye is a great payday? I've seen outrageous stuff from a variety of coaches for years and never remember a team point deduction?

#8 TBar1977

TBar1977

Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • 10,679 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 01:38 PM

by rule pretty sure it's a team point deduction, don't know why the refs can't simply follow the rules

Um, it was at Carver so...

I have set aside funds to have six Green Bay Packers be my pall bearers, that way they can let me down one final time. 

#9 VakAttack

VakAttack

Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • 23,680 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 01:40 PM

Listen to FRL today. Then keep pretending this is just the Brands, lol.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Collegiate Wrestling's Premier Thought Leader

#10 ionel

ionel

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 01:46 PM

who said it was?

#11 Eagle26

Eagle26

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 406 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 01:57 PM

This. If refs had the balls to call them out on it, they would stop quickly. Imagine if they lost the match because of that team point. That would instill some change immediately! 

#12 ionel

ionel

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 02:06 PM

Am I missing something? Who did Cael have that never redshirted in his 5 years at Penn State? I know some true freshmen have started, but at some point all redshirted up until now, correct?

I dont buy this excuse either. PA has always been the best wrestling state. It's about getting the Blue Chippers no matter where they are from. Look at PSUs line up. Cortez, Hall, Nickal, Cassar, and Nevills are not from PA. That's half the line up. And 125 and 133 aren't scoring any points, so really its more than half of the points they are getting are out of state.

This. If refs had the balls to call them out on it, they would stop quickly. Imagine if they lost the match because of that team point. That would instill some change immediately!

Exactly!

And yes, they aren't the only ones.

Edited by ionel, 05 December 2017 - 02:07 PM.

#13 hammerlockthree

hammerlockthree

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,467 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 02:09 PM

Honestly....in retrospect the main word that comes to mind is 'pathetic'. Grown man can't wait for the ref to do his job.

#14 gowrestle

gowrestle

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 04:29 PM

Honestly....in retrospect the main word that comes to mind is 'pathetic'. Grown man can't wait for the ref to do his job.

Unfortunate situation.

#15 scribe

scribe

Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • 12,755 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 11:49 PM

It’s like watching small people run around the circus ring. People just enjoy the spectacle.
  • cjc007 likes this

"This space for rent"

#16 headshuck

headshuck

Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • 15,467 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 12:45 AM

Video link?

#17 teach

teach

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 562 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 12:59 AM

Seriously, I am not a Iowa fan but so what.   If the ref should have called something great.  Did he, no.   I think it adds something to talk about.  For years I have watched Steve Martin at ODU out on the mat.  Heck sometimes he seems to be standing next to the official having a conversation while wrestling is going on.  Some refs call him, some don't. Fans from apposing teams hate it, I find it funny, and would expect the ref to take a point.  I don't think he cares though.   I think this thread is a little "I hate Iowa, so it really bugs me."   There isn't a lot that makes college matches fun for the average spectator, so if these bad boys helps, we need more of these guys.

• BLT likes this

#18 jeffr_ideal

jeffr_ideal

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,192 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 01:25 AM

Lately, Zeke seems to fall into this category of coaches. 

• wrestlingphish, GranbyTroll and wpialchamp like this

#19 hammerlockthree

hammerlockthree

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,467 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 03:32 AM

No he is just a cheater. No evidence Terry would cheat at anything, he just acts like a child at crucial times.

Edited by hammerlockthree, 06 December 2017 - 03:32 AM.

#20 skikayaker

skikayaker

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,430 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 04:51 AM

brands.png

• headshuck likes this
ASICS - (Latin) Anima Sana In Corpore Sano - (English) a sound mind in a sound body.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users