Sign in to follow this  
Frank_Rizzo

Tomasello #1, no matches this year and last at 125 was 3.19.16

Take it up with the pollsters and rankers.  It's a "view" of what the "pundits think" about who is ranked and where.  As we know, every year, rankings matter very little, except for helping project seeding at NCAA's.  I see it as no big deal, as he has the intention of wrestling at that weight, very soon.  Should he be #1?  From the outside looking in, his credentials exceed everyone on the list at 125, finishing 1,3,3 in 3 years.  I know this doesn't factor, but at the end of the day he's also a National Team member.  

So... am I butthurt over it... NOPE.  Do I think Suriano could beat him?  Yep.  Should he be ranked at all?  Don't really care.  Results on the mat will play itself out...

Next topic... 

Agree that he shouldn't be ranked until he wrestles. Beginning of the season I can understand, but we're almost two months into the season. Who knows if he ever really will wrestle this year at 125.

Are you arguing rankings shouldn’t take the All Star dual into account? Because they all do

I'm fine with All Star being taken into account, and had no problem w him dropping below Picc as a result - even though Cruz would never attempt that -6 pt cradle again.  But Picc and Lizak have both lost since.  Lizak lost in Vegas with no impact to his ranking on Flo.  I can see Cruz as the #3.

Regarding NaTo being in the rankings despite not having a collegiate bout at 125 in 3 years... I have no issue, since he made the weight at the U23 qualifier in November.