BigTimeFan

Spencer Lee at UNI Open

It will be enjoyable watching his career. Definitely one of the best ever in high school. Kid has heart and the right attitude. His liability may be the physical toll his body has already endured. Wish he wrestled Suriano last night.

Sam Cook is wrestling for Iowa?  Isn't this a Wonderful World?  I have to wonder how he got into school, considering he don't know much  trigonometry or much about the french he took.

Slightly different spelling, but I like what you did there.

0-2 and out! Quits wrestling and joins the bball team. You read it here first, folks.

Seriously....thinking he does pretty great, Haven't seen the brackets yet. Why the hell does FLO make it so hard to find the brackets?

Also, I'd expect all the Big 12 teams to support UNI by attending their tournament. Would be a pretty tough early season tourney if they all sent strong contingents. But this weekend Reno happens too. They should work together on the scheduling in the future so there is no conflict.

Edited by TobusRex

0-2 and out! Quits wrestling and joins the bball team. You read it here first, folks.

Seriously....thinking he does pretty great, Haven't seen the brackets yet. Why the hell does FLO make it so hard to find the brackets?

Also, I'd expect all the Big 12 teams to support UNI by attending their tournament. Would be a pretty tough early season tourney if they all sent strong contingents. But this weekend Reno happens too. They should work together on the scheduling in the future so there is no conflict.

Because you misspelled trackwrestling.com in the URL.

He'll wrestle a couple of solid dudes.  Good opening tournament for him.

Good warmup tourney. I looked at the list of teams and was thinking "hey, that might be a solid little tourney!". Looks like it's mostly D2/D3 teams, with reserves from the D1 schools. Not great competition, but good for Lee to get his first taste of college wrestling.

Flo really some have somebody doing commentating. Weird to have streaming video with no commentary. I wouldn't mind, but there are no graphics on screen to show the time on clock, score, RT, stuff like that.

It's a small tournament.  Think their main priority is Ironman this week.  Just be thankful it's not $15 on track.

Why would they send anyone but their non-starters when UNI;s starters are not wrestling in their own tournament?

Why would they send anyone but their non-starters when UNI;s starters are not wrestling in their own tournament?

I assumed UNI would send their own starters. The list of named teams is kinda impressive, but then I saw the brackets and thought "oh...a B-team tournament". Nothing wrong with that, I suppose. But..imagine if all the Big 12 teams sent their first team contingent it would make for a pretty solid tourney. I guess we'll have to wait on the Big 12 tournament, lol.

In principle I think teams should try to attend other conference teams tourneys, though.