Sign in to follow this  
Jon_Kozak

Kyle Dake...

I still think 74 is his optimal weight. Of course, it’s also JB’s optimal weight. Dake is not even particularly big for 74. He said in interviews that he was waking up in the low 170s when he returned to training after taking time off to heal from his shoulder injury after OTT, and that was a key factor in giving 74 kg another shot rather than staying up at 86, where he would be giving up close to 20 lbs against the top guys. He weighed 171 the day after his fourth NCAAs. He’s not a big dude.

That said, I’ve never seen him look better in any style. By far the most impressive performance of any that I saw at the event.

Ringer also beat Afali last year at 74kg, so I'm not sure anyone was expecting Dake to run into any trouble. Still, he really did blow through all of his matches and hit some nice moves to boot. He probably worked up more of a sweat going through TSA than he did on the mat, and made it look so easy.

I still think 74 is his optimal weight. Of course, it’s also JB’s optimal weight. Dake is not even particularly big for 74. He said in interviews that he was waking up in the low 170s when he returned to training after taking time off to heal from his shoulder injury after OTT, and that was a key factor in giving 74 kg another shot rather than staying up at 86, where he would be giving up close to 20 lbs against the top guys. He weighed 171 the day after his fourth NCAAs. He’s not a big dude.

That said, I’ve never seen him look better in any style. By far the most impressive performance of any that I saw at the event.

I wonder if at this point JB is actually heavier than Dake walking around.  If those weights he talked about are true, I am guessing he is.  When was the last time JB made anything near 74 kilos with a one hour weighin, senior year of college? 

Where are the videos.  I'd like to see Dake at the top of his game.

mspart

The dual meet (championship) match between Titan Mercury and Easy Pipe is posted on the World Clubs Cup thread page 8. Thanks to Abdul. Hopefully he can post the other dual meets as well.

Yes, Dake looked great against Easy Pipe. That ankle pick or whatever transition that was should be highlight film. That's technique!

Edited by 2td3nf

guaranteed they don't like each other(too competitive)...which is what makes the nice words meaningful I guess.

Not everyone is a petty piece of it like you. It's possible to be the fiercest of rivals on the mat and be friends off the mat, but I wouldn't expect a simpleton like you to understand any of that.