78 replies to this topic

#1 Jon_Kozak

Jon_Kozak
  • Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 11:16 PM

The dude wrecked everyone last weekend.

5 TF and didn’t give up a point.

I know his final opponent was a 2X University World Champ and also an Asian Champ on the senior level. Any info on his other opponents?

#2 PSUMike

PSUMike

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 01:49 AM

I only saw his last match against the Iranian but he looked very, very good. 79kG is his optimal class I think. 

#3 Gantry

Gantry

Gold Member

• Members
  • 4,932 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 02:08 AM

Very excited to watch him and Reader throw down.  Healthy Dake at 79 is quite exciting

#4 wrestlingnerd

wrestlingnerd

Gold Member

• Members
  • 7,358 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 02:12 AM

I still think 74 is his optimal weight. Of course, it’s also JB’s optimal weight. Dake is not even particularly big for 74. He said in interviews that he was waking up in the low 170s when he returned to training after taking time off to heal from his shoulder injury after OTT, and that was a key factor in giving 74 kg another shot rather than staying up at 86, where he would be giving up close to 20 lbs against the top guys. He weighed 171 the day after his fourth NCAAs. He’s not a big dude.

That said, I’ve never seen him look better in any style. By far the most impressive performance of any that I saw at the event.

#5 mspart

mspart

Gold Member

• Members
  • 5,962 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 08:05 AM

Where are the videos.  I'd like to see Dake at the top of his game.

mspart

#6 pamela

pamela

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,068 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 08:10 AM

Ringer also beat Afali last year at 74kg, so I'm not sure anyone was expecting Dake to run into any trouble. Still, he really did blow through all of his matches and hit some nice moves to boot. He probably worked up more of a sweat going through TSA than he did on the mat, and made it look so easy.

#7 Gantry

Gantry

Gold Member

• Members
  • 4,932 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 10:51 AM

I still think 74 is his optimal weight. Of course, it’s also JB’s optimal weight. Dake is not even particularly big for 74. He said in interviews that he was waking up in the low 170s when he returned to training after taking time off to heal from his shoulder injury after OTT, and that was a key factor in giving 74 kg another shot rather than staying up at 86, where he would be giving up close to 20 lbs against the top guys. He weighed 171 the day after his fourth NCAAs. He’s not a big dude.

That said, I’ve never seen him look better in any style. By far the most impressive performance of any that I saw at the event.

I wonder if at this point JB is actually heavier than Dake walking around.  If those weights he talked about are true, I am guessing he is.  When was the last time JB made anything near 74 kilos with a one hour weighin, senior year of college? 

#8 2td3nf

2td3nf

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 12:35 PM

Where are the videos.  I'd like to see Dake at the top of his game.

mspart

The dual meet (championship) match between Titan Mercury and Easy Pipe is posted on the World Clubs Cup thread page 8. Thanks to Abdul. Hopefully he can post the other dual meets as well.

Yes, Dake looked great against Easy Pipe. That ankle pick or whatever transition that was should be highlight film. That's technique!

Edited by 2td3nf, 12 December 2017 - 12:35 PM.

• Coach_J likes this

#9 Perry

Perry

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,482 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 06:25 AM

Anyone still predicting hall over dake?
  • Cletus_Tucker and AllISeeIsBronze like this

#10 PRyan2012

PRyan2012

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,877 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 06:33 AM

Anyone still predicting hall over dake?

I really thought Valencia and Hall had a shot but they will have to wait.  

#11 tec87

tec87

Gold Member

• Members
  • 6,914 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 11:14 AM

I’m not saying he would beat Dake, but don’t sleep on Reader at this new weight class. Dake is certainly the front runner but there are some people who could give him a go.
FIRE UP CHIPS!!!!

#12 wrestlingnerd

wrestlingnerd

Gold Member

• Members
  • 7,358 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 11:41 AM

A little footage of his performance from his Instagram: https://instagram.com/p/BcgL8zADgMb/

Beastly.
  • 2td3nf and stp like this

#13 2td3nf

2td3nf

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 01:27 PM

Almost looks a little Greco-ish in that Instagram. Heck, you could probably say Dake has a Ph.D in folk, free and Greco.

#14 Alyosha

Alyosha
  • Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 01:53 PM

A little footage of his performance from his Instagram: https://instagram.com/p/BcgL8zADgMb/

Beastly.

Nice to see Dake and JB trading kind words with each other in the comments section of the instagram post.

• cjc007 and AllISeeIsBronze like this

#15 hammerlockthree

hammerlockthree

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,860 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 03:24 PM

guaranteed they don't like each other(too competitive)...which is what makes the nice words meaningful I guess.

#16 BigTenFanboy

BigTenFanboy

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 04:31 PM

guaranteed they don't like each other(too competitive)...which is what makes the nice words meaningful I guess.

Not everyone is a petty piece of it like you. It's possible to be the fiercest of rivals on the mat and be friends off the mat, but I wouldn't expect a simpleton like you to understand any of that.

#17 hammerlockthree

hammerlockthree

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,860 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 05:08 PM

well obviously you aren't petty at all...

• rcoates1 likes this

#18 AllISeeIsBronze

AllISeeIsBronze

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 05:14 PM

Kyle Dake is the third best wrestler we have, after Snyder and JB. He is an animal.
  • hammerlockthree likes this

#19 pamela

pamela

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,068 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 05:41 PM

Kyle Dake is the third best wrestler we have, after Snyder and JB. He is an animal.

J'Den Cox says what's up 😙🎶
  • Cletus_Tucker and GranbyTroll like this

#20 AllISeeIsBronze

AllISeeIsBronze

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 06:43 PM

J'Den Cox says what's up 😙🎶

I forgot about that 😅 Cox is a monster too. I guess I'm biased towards Dake and his wide array of attacks- whenever he opens up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users