#22 steamboat_charlie

steamboat_charlie

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 08:14 AM

Was there a write-up on the cup? The only thing I saw was the topic on here

https://unitedworldw...world-clubs-cup

There are other articles on UWW discussing semis, etc.

• AMastrandrea likes this

#23 hammerlockthree

hammerlockthree

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 04:39 PM

Dake > Cox is a fair claim. Dake beat tsargush in his prime (i don't think cox has any similar wins), and extremely competitive when he was basically up a weight on the senior level. p4p i take dake. 

Edited by hammerlockthree, 14 December 2017 - 04:39 PM.

• Peso likes this

#24 headshuck

headshuck

Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • 15,786 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 04:47 PM

So we have Snyder, JB, Dake, Cox, Gilman, Green, Steiber, Taylor?
  • Peso likes this

#25 hammerlockthree

hammerlockthree

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 04:49 PM

I wouldn't mention gilman in that company unless you are an Iowa fan who hates everyone else....he doesn't like it

• headshuck likes this

#26 nom

nom

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,935 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 01:04 AM

I’m going I bet that in the very near future Dake will be scouted and wrestlers will no longer go to a quad pod when Dake gets around. They will just belly out and give up the 2. His lower back strength is unreal. I’m sure he freaking screams with joy when the quad pod happens ... near instant 4 point throw for him ..... up, back, and over.

Then again, when they give up the two .... must watch for the gut. Dake has a lot of tools. Loving it. Really hope to see more of him internationally.

Any word on Yarigan?

Edited by nom, 15 December 2017 - 01:05 AM.

• 2td3nf, AllISeeIsBronze and Peso like this

#27 steamboat_charlie

steamboat_charlie

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 06:12 AM

Dake > Cox is a fair claim. Dake beat tsargush in his prime (i don't think cox has any similar wins), and extremely competitive when he was basically up a weight on the senior level. p4p i take dake. 

I don't necessarily disagree, but you can't take away an Olympic and World bronze from Cox.  Until Dake puts up some hardware of his own on the biggest stage, I don't think you can rank him ahead of J'den.  

• cjc007, pamela and AllISeeIsBronze like this

#28 pamela

pamela

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,851 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 08:08 AM

Green, Stieber, Gwiz, Tervel, Gilman all have more senior level prestige hardware than Kyle Dake. Even Metcalf has some medals from some pretty tough international tournaments. I'm optimistic that KD makes it happen next year, but that's where things are right now.

• AllISeeIsBronze likes this

#29 wrestlingnerd

wrestlingnerd

Gold Member

• Members
  • 7,741 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 09:11 AM

Hardware counts, but you have to have lived under a pretty big rock to not understand that Dake is a special situation given JB. I’m not saying Dake should be ahead of Cox or not, but just pointing to hardware doesn’t tell the whole story.
  • LemonPie, AllISeeIsBronze and Peso like this

#30 steamboat_charlie

steamboat_charlie

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 09:46 AM

Hardware counts, but you have to have lived under a pretty big rock to not understand that Dake is a special situation given JB. I’m not saying Dake should be ahead of Cox or not, but just pointing to hardware doesn’t tell the whole story.

Agreed.  That's why I don't really want to say Cox is "better" than Dake, but the fact remains that Dake has never had the chance to prove it on the World level.  

#31 hammerlockthree

hammerlockthree

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 02:31 PM

I don't necessarily disagree, but you can't take away an Olympic and World bronze from Cox.  Until Dake puts up some hardware of his own on the biggest stage, I don't think you can rank him ahead of J'den.  

Well are we arguing as mathematicians or artists? 

• Peso likes this

#32 csw60970

csw60970
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 03:18 PM

Agreed. That's why I don't really want to say Cox is "better" than Dake, but the fact remains that Dake has never had the chance to prove it on the World level.

He has had the chance, just hasn’t been good enough to get to that stage “to prove himself on that level”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#33 AllISeeIsBronze

AllISeeIsBronze

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 07:55 AM

Dake has always had freakish explosive power- I remember him lift and pop Tyler Caldwell in a mat return that looked like Dake almost concussed himself. His wide array of takedowns and then the top game itself is just nasty. It is unfortunate that he is currently behind an all-time great. I honestly think he could be world champion as well- JB has had easier matches in world championships finals than compared to his bouts against KD.
  • Peso likes this

#34 WillieBoy

WillieBoy

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 08:46 AM

Dake can't get past Jordan Burroughs. Who had the same type of problem when John Smith was on his tear of 6 straight world titles?

No matter who you are if you can't make it to the world tournament it does not matter. Dake is not the only guy who has been in this situation.

• AMastrandrea and Peso like this

#35 tbert

tbert

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 10:22 AM

I vote we give him an asterisk next to his name *
MAGA!

#36 cjc007

cjc007

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 11:37 AM

Accomplishments!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

#37 steamboat_charlie

steamboat_charlie

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 03:55 AM

Whichever you'd like...  but mathematicians and artists should agree, Dake's general lack of international competition has to count against him, regardless of the circumstances that caused it.  

#38 nom

nom

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,935 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 04:59 AM

I agree. Would like to have seen him at more international events outside of worlds/olympics.

#39 wrestlingnerd

wrestlingnerd

Gold Member

• Members
  • 7,741 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 05:04 AM

He’s only been injured three times, requiring surgery all three times, in three seasons. It’s not like he could’ve competed but chose not to.

#40 nom

nom

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,935 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 05:08 AM

Fair. But he will have to provide further proof of excellence on the mat. I believe he will.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users