• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin

Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 01:12 AM

My ohio friends, i am gonna make Ivan Yarygin record to Snyder's wiki article, but i think the creator of Snyder article will delete my work! 

Is it worth taking into account the records of wrestler except world and Olympic matches like in NCAA?

The opinions and views expressed in my posts, are intended to promote Russian international styles wrestling and international wrestling in general. Please excuse misspellings, misunderstandings, or misinterpretations. I am doing my very best to communicate in English, but it is a work in progress. I speak several languages, but I am still learning context, culture, and local tradition. I love USA and I am doing my best to be a great ambassador. Thank you for understanding.

#2 PRyan2012

PRyan2012

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,877 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 01:28 AM

He finished 3rd and 1st. Had one loss to a roided up Bolt correct? The only guy Snyder has a losing record against is Gatsalov. 0-2. To bad he is retired now.

• Coach_J likes this

#3 wfan24

wfan24

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 08:44 AM

Interesting that Snyder's record vs. top Russians is not great: 2:3 basically. 3 losses to Bolt  +  Gatsalov and 2 wins against Gadisov and Sadulaev by 1 point each. Yarygin will be interesting, especially if Bolt and Sadulaev both enter 97kg.

Thing is, non-prime Gatsalov handled Snyder pretty easily in both matches, I think out of all these, prime Gatsalov (circa 2005/2006) is the best of the bunch.

#4 cjc007

cjc007

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 894 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 11:24 AM

Interesting that Snyder's record vs. top Russians is not great: 2:3 basically. 3 losses to Bolt + Gatsalov and 2 wins against Gadisov and Sadulaev by 1 point each. Yarygin will be interesting, especially if Bolt and Sadulaev both enter 97kg.

Thing is, non-prime Gatsalov handled Snyder pretty easily in both matches, I think out of all these, prime Gatsalov (circa 2005/2006) is the best of the bunch.

Snyder still hasn't hit his prime and will be almost unbeatable when he focuses on training and wrestling full time.

What a remarkable young man.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

#5 hammerlockthree

hammerlockthree

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,860 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 02:29 PM

I love snyder too, but lets face it, he is basically training and wrestling full time. I don't know his schedule, but what I assume is 12 hours a week in class ain't killing him. It's not like he is BoJo and has bigger things on his mind.

#6 sgallan

sgallan

Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • 29,296 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 02:56 PM

I love snyder too, but lets face it, he is basically training and wrestling full time. I don't know his schedule, but what I assume is 12 hours a week in class ain't killing him. It's not like he is BoJo and has bigger things on his mind.

Even he is human, he faded towards the end of the World Cup and lost a match he should of had locked up. As shown in the World Championships. However, his level of wrestling is off the charts now. I think he is at a lb for lb position with Sudalaev still the best technician, and Yazdani sort of an almost Snyder with the occasional hick up, but just that good, and especially on his feet. The very best, when on, are just so comfortable on the mat and make it look like, "I could do that". I mean, hand fight, drop down on a ankle and come up. Run the pipe or use that motion to set up another finish. Easy, right?
  • Cletus_Tucker likes this

#7 hammerlockthree

hammerlockthree

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,860 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 03:47 PM

i have no idea how that relates to my post. Are you reading some sort of slight into what I said? I said what he does is easy?

Edited by hammerlockthree, 14 December 2017 - 03:47 PM.

#8 cjc007

cjc007

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 894 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 10:17 PM

He still has to take classes, prepare reports (homework), take exams, and travel with the team (dual meets). When he graduates, then he can totally focus on training and competition.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Edited by cjc007, 14 December 2017 - 10:17 PM.

#9 boconnell

boconnell

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,738 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 02:04 PM

Interesting that Snyder's record vs. top Russians is not great: 2:3 basically. 3 losses to Bolt  +  Gatsalov and 2 wins against Gadisov and Sadulaev by 1 point each. Yarygin will be interesting, especially if Bolt and Sadulaev both enter 97kg.

So your argument is that because Snyder lost an exhibition match to Gatsalov when he was 18, then lost a Medved match when he was 20, you think prime Gatsalov is better?  So for your hypothetical you transport Gatsalov back to his prime but keep Snyder as a teenager?

Even now Snyder just turned 22 and he already looks like an entirely different guy from almost 2 years ago, let alone 4 years ago.  It seems like it would be a great match and it seems like what happened when Snyder was barely 20 wouldn't affect what happens with both guys in their prime.

• cjc007 likes this

#10 wfan24

wfan24

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 16 December 2017 - 08:03 PM

boconnel, Gatsalov was 23 in 2005 so same age basically. Of course, its all speculation :) Snyder is awesome, though somehow the 97kg class is not what it used to be: I'd love to see him against Gadisov, Yazdani, Gatsalov, circa 2011/2012. 

#11 Billyhoyle

Billyhoyle

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 04:43 AM

boconnel, Gatsalov was 23 in 2005 so same age basically. Of course, its all speculation :) Snyder is awesome, though somehow the 97kg class is not what it used to be: I'd love to see him against Gadisov, Yazdani, Gatsalov, circa 2011/2012.

Snyder's win over Sadulaev speaks for itself. He's not Gatsalov yet, but is absolutely on pace.

#12 wfan24

wfan24

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 10:39 AM

Billy, 

Yes, Snyder has the potential to get up there in titles for sure. He is one of the big stars: him, Sadulaev, Petriashvili, Akgul, JB, etc. That said, I want to see the match with Sad when Sad is not taking a year off, does not give up 10kg, and is a bit more adapted in 97kg. Yarygin should be a lot more representative now that Sad has had some 97kg experience and then the Worlds 2018. I also want to see Bolt vs. Snyder again as Snyder didn't score a single point on him, 0:3.

I still believe young Gatsalov beats them all. Still, neither Sad/Snyder are close to Saitiev level, I don't expect them to get there. They have very athletic style which doesn't last forever.

#13 sgallan

sgallan

Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • 29,296 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 11:50 AM

Billy,

Yes, Snyder has the potential to get up there in titles for sure. He is one of the big stars: him, Sadulaev, Petriashvili, Akgul, JB, etc. That said, I want to see the match with Sad when Sad is not taking a year off, does not give up 10kg, and is a bit more adapted in 97kg. Yarygin should be a lot more representative now that Sad has had some 97kg experience and then the Worlds 2018. I also want to see Bolt vs. Snyder again as Snyder didn't score a single point on him, 0:3.

I still believe young Gatsalov beats them all. Still, neither Sad/Snyder are close to Saitiev level, I don't expect them to get there. They have very athletic style which doesn't last forever.

I dunno, Fadzaev lasted a really long time with essentially an athletic style.

#14 sgallan

sgallan

Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • 29,296 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 11:51 AM

Wow... We should point you at North Korea. I bet rocket man would pee his pants and hide in the basement.

LOL, no doubt, a keyboard warrior, on a wrestling forum is absurd.
  • boconnell likes this

#15 Cletus_Tucker

Cletus_Tucker

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,964 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 12:15 PM

The Snyder win over Sadulaev was razor thin, with victory coming in the closing seconds.   And that was against a smaller  man.   As good as Snyder is, I'd like to see him get better.   

• Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin likes this

#16 Billyhoyle

Billyhoyle

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 01:22 PM

Billy, 

Is a match at Yarygyn really the best indicator given that it is a home match for Sadulaev?  How about neutral ground at worlds/olympics?  Do you want to see the Bolt that was clearly juicing or the one who passed the doping controls at the Olympics?

All that really matters in international wrestling is somebody's record at world/olympic meets, and right now Snyder is unbeaten. However, it's not worth mentioning Saitiev until Snyder has wrestled another decade..Saitiev is the greatest ever.  

#17 boconnell

boconnell

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,738 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 03:33 PM

Billy, 

I would never put a 22 year old on the level of Saitiev so no argument there.  But I don't think Snyder's style is athletic at all.  Early in matches when both guys are fresh he scores far less.  He is a grinder that wears guys down and pours on points late.  He is a solid athlete, but athleticism is not behind his wins.  He was the far lesser athlete against Sadulaev.  Positioning, technique, match tactics, and strength play far bigger roles that athleticism in his wins.  

Also, thanks for telling us all the reasons why the world championship results don't matter as much as a regular season tournament that happens in Russia during the middle of Snyder's college season.

#18 wfan24

wfan24

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 06:28 PM

Of course, Yarygin is an indication. Why would it not be? I am sure Snyder ain't flying all the way there to lose. He is definitely trying to win 150%. Its not as big indicatior as the Worlds/Olympics, but it can't be discounted. This is a big tournament with some of the top 97kg wrestlers. 

I would stop claiming Bolt is on rounds unless there is a proof. For what there is to it, we can speculate Snyder or JB are on roids to. At the Olympics, JB looked pretty flat against Geduev....hmmm...see, its not a good thing to do.

re: Sad/Snyder, its a fantastic match up and I am looking forward to it repeating several times to really who is better. 

#19 Billyhoyle

Billyhoyle

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 06:54 PM

Of course, Yarygin is an indication. Why would it not be? I am sure Snyder ain't flying all the way there to lose. He is definitely trying to win 150%. Its not as big indicatior as the Worlds/Olympics, but it can't be discounted. This is a big tournament with some of the top 97kg wrestlers. 

I would stop claiming Bolt is on rounds unless there is a proof. For what there is to it, we can speculate Snyder or JB are on roids to. At the Olympics, JB looked pretty flat against Geduev....hmmm...see, its not a good thing to do.

re: Sad/Snyder, its a fantastic match up and I am looking forward to it repeating several times to really who is better. 

It's not just about him looking flat.  Did you miss the whole state sponsored doping scandal that caused Russia to be banned from the 2018 winter Olympics?  Did you miss Bolt transforming seemingly overnight from a moderately good 86 kg wrestler to the best 97 kg wrestler in the world that can do magical cartwheels?  Only to transform back into only having a minute of cardio at the olympics?

#20 Cletus_Tucker

Cletus_Tucker

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,964 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 08:52 PM

Cartwheels are now considered an act of magic?      Lets not forget the Russian wrestling team had to prove they were clean in order to get in to the Games.

Snyder goes from bronze at junior worlds and  getting stuck by a college kid at NCAA's to go along with his 3 other losses  that season to world freestyle senior level champ a few months later, after defeating Olympic champion Varner.     

Burroughs goes from, is he our greatest wrestler ever?   To teched out of repechage at the games.   

I think we all accept those guys are are either clean or at least we don't accuse them.    Bolt performs like Burroughs did at the Olympics and now he's a juicer because in addition to his performance, he can also do magical cart wheels.     Talk about unreasonable fans.   

• LoStNuMbEr and Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users