• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 boconnell

boconnell

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,229 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 05:35 AM

Of course, Yarygin is an indication. Why would it not be? I am sure Snyder ain't flying all the way there to lose. He is definitely trying to win 150%. Its not as big indicatior as the Worlds/Olympics, but it can't be discounted. This is a big tournament with some of the top 97kg wrestlers. 

I would stop claiming Bolt is on rounds unless there is a proof. For what there is to it, we can speculate Snyder or JB are on roids to. At the Olympics, JB looked pretty flat against Geduev....hmmm...see, its not a good thing to do.

re: Sad/Snyder, its a fantastic match up and I am looking forward to it repeating several times to really who is better. 

Nobody said Yarygin shouldn't be an indication.  He asked if it is the best indicator since you declared it a better indicator than the World Championship.  

#22 sgallan

sgallan

Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • 29,915 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 01:58 PM

Having watched literally hours of matches of Snyder, he is a lot better then the guy who lost to Gats, but of course Gats at his best was also better than what wrestled Snyder that day. He won an old man match against a kid, experience and guile.... at ridiculously high level. Both at Snyder's age now, Snyder has more weapons. Gats HC go to move was as good as ever has been for the extent of his career. Gats obviously has a career advantage.

#23 TobusRex

TobusRex

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,940 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 06:41 PM

Violence isn't the answer. It makes you look like a Neanderthal.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

You say that like being a Neanderthal was a bad thing. Neanderthals existed longer as a species than modern humans have (so far).  They had brains about 10% bigger than modern humans as well. There is no evidence that Neanderthals were particularly violent either, that's a stereotype thanks to movies and crackpot science that predated the movies.

No dog in this fight but I just wanted to add this: just because a guy was/is a D1 starter and D1 coach with a BJJ black belt doesn't mean he can beat everybody up. There are D1 starters that weigh 125 pounds...some guys crap bigger than that.

Edited by TobusRex, 18 December 2017 - 07:00 PM.

• Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin likes this

#24 Cletus_Tucker

Cletus_Tucker

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,361 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 09:14 PM

You say that like being a Neanderthal was a bad thing. Neanderthals existed longer as a species than modern humans have (so far).  They had brains about 10% bigger than modern humans as well. There is no evidence that Neanderthals were particularly violent either, that's a stereotype thanks to movies and crackpot science that predated the movies.

No dog in this fight but I just wanted to add this: just because a guy was/is a D1 starter and D1 coach with a BJJ black belt doesn't mean he can beat everybody up. There are D1 starters that weigh 125 pounds...some guys crap bigger than that.

Great points and  I agree.  We're not dealing with a Neanderthal here, this is likely  a scared, insecure little person.  Puffing out ones chest and beating on it like they are Queen  Kong  is often times far more telling than the content of the silly threat.     The fact the original post has been edited out (likely from humiliation) tells us this is a hot headed, emotional person who reacts rather than responds (perhaps on a per 1 week basis every month).   

I know four Shannon's and they're all sweet, kindhearted women.    What went wrong here is beyond me.  

I'd like to see an apology to Abdullah, but I cannot imagine the character of this individual will allow it.   

#25 cjc007

cjc007

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 12:48 AM

You say that like being a Neanderthal was a bad thing. Neanderthals existed longer as a species than modern humans have (so far). They had brains about 10% bigger than modern humans as well. There is no evidence that Neanderthals were particularly violent either, that's a stereotype thanks to movies and crackpot science that predated the movies.

It's wasn't my point to discredit Neanderthals, just the tough guy who beats people up who disagrees with him.

What happens when Shannon attacks someone and then is shot with a 45 in the head? He's dead now!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

#26 Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin

Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,921 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 03:35 AM

Great points and  I agree.  We're not dealing with a Neanderthal here, this is likely  a scared, insecure little person.  Puffing out ones chest and beating on it like they are Queen  Kong  is often times far more telling than the content of the silly threat.     The fact the original post has been edited out (likely from humiliation) tells us this is a hot headed, emotional person who reacts rather than responds (perhaps on a per 1 week basis every month).   

I know four Shannon's and they're all sweet, kindhearted women.    What went wrong here is beyond me.  

I'd like to see an apology to Abdullah, but I cannot imagine the character of this individual will allow it.   

lol....it was like a Neanderthal vs Homo  sapiens.The victory by Homo sapiens. probably she (he) did not like what that looks people and she began to threaten a guy from Siberia. I respect women's sports. I don't think it's worth being emotional and threatening alien persons. It looked impressive.

• cjc007 likes this
The opinions and views expressed in my posts, are intended to promote Russian international styles wrestling and international wrestling in general. Please excuse misspellings, misunderstandings, or misinterpretations. I am doing my very best to communicate in English, but it is a work in progress. I speak several languages, but I am still learning context, culture, and local tradition. I love USA and I am doing my best to be a great ambassador. Thank you for understanding.

#27 Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin

Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,921 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 03:36 AM

i am ready support women's combat sport, they have right like men, sports unites us. Doesn't matter bjj or greco. It's great!  

• LoStNuMbEr likes this
The opinions and views expressed in my posts, are intended to promote Russian international styles wrestling and international wrestling in general. Please excuse misspellings, misunderstandings, or misinterpretations. I am doing my very best to communicate in English, but it is a work in progress. I speak several languages, but I am still learning context, culture, and local tradition. I love USA and I am doing my best to be a great ambassador. Thank you for understanding.

#28 Cletus_Tucker

Cletus_Tucker

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,361 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 03:55 AM

i am ready support women's combat sport, they have right like men, sports unites us. Doesn't matter bjj or greco. It's great!  

Women's greco?  Hmm, not my cup of tea but I do not oppose either.  

#29 wfan24

wfan24

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 07:41 AM

back to wrestling :), its really hard to find a lot of information on Sadulaev even in Russia outlets...its unclear what his plans are w.rt. to weight classes and so on. He is somehow a lot less talkative than Saitiev or Gadisov or Makov or some of the other wrestlers or coaches. It will be interesting to see how he looks at the Yarygin. At one forum, I did read rumors that  Mamiashvilli / Tedeev were not happy with him in Paris and that they counted on him to win 100% but he lost and let the team down (he also refused to take any supplements which pissed some people off, especially after loss).  His coach also seems to disagree with them, he wants Sad at 97kg  to wrestle with Snyder, but M/T don't seem to want him at 97kg. Gadisov also retired somehow early and suddenly, and combined with the Sajidov vs Mamiash/Tedeev conflict, something seems off, so I hope Sad doesn't retire early or something of this kind and rob us of the many great matches with Snyder he should have. Hard to tell as Sad doesn't say anything about this but in listening to his interviews, he seems displeased about something, especially when they ask him if he is small for the weight class. The implication I think here is that M/T think Sad and his coach are egoistic and just want to compete against Snyder, instead of thinking about how many medals Russia can get overall. So this is somehow the tension. If the Sad loses another 1 vs. Snyder, especially due to weight, they may force him to move out of 97kg (e.g., just not select him for the team) and then not clear what happens.

Edited by wfan24, 19 December 2017 - 07:45 AM.

#30 Cletus_Tucker

Cletus_Tucker

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,361 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 01:13 PM

At this point he's too small (and still pushed Snyder to the brink).    Sadulaev is such a special talent, he really should be utilized where he is best.  No one can beat him at his optimum weight.  He's just so slick and athletic.   

#31 mspart

mspart

Gold Member

• Members
  • 6,144 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 10:24 AM

Sad is too small but still took 2nd by a hair diameter.  Snyder needs to work on out horsing him for sure by a wider margin.  That last go was a bit too close for my personal comfort.

mspart

#32 Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin

Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,921 posts

Posted 21 December 2017 - 07:25 AM

back to wrestling :), its really hard to find a lot of information on Sadulaev even in Russia outlets...its unclear what his plans are w.rt. to weight classes and so on. He is somehow a lot less talkative than Saitiev or Gadisov or Makov or some of the other wrestlers or coaches. It will be interesting to see how he looks at the Yarygin. At one forum, I did read rumors that  Mamiashvilli / Tedeev were not happy with him in Paris and that they counted on him to win 100% but he lost and let the team down (he also refused to take any supplements which pissed some people off, especially after loss).  His coach also seems to disagree with them, he wants Sad at 97kg  to wrestle with Snyder, but M/T don't seem to want him at 97kg. Gadisov also retired somehow early and suddenly, and combined with the Sajidov vs Mamiash/Tedeev conflict, something seems off, so I hope Sad doesn't retire early or something of this kind and rob us of the many great matches with Snyder he should have. Hard to tell as Sad doesn't say anything about this but in listening to his interviews, he seems displeased about something, especially when they ask him if he is small for the weight class. The implication I think here is that M/T think Sad and his coach are egoistic and just want to compete against Snyder, instead of thinking about how many medals Russia can get overall. So this is somehow the tension. If the Sad loses another 1 vs. Snyder, especially due to weight, they may force him to move out of 97kg (e.g., just not select him for the team) and then not clear what happens.

Sadulaev will compete at 97 in Yarygin if Snyder will, if Snyder won't Sadulaev stays at 92. true information. 

#33 Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin

Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,921 posts

Posted 21 December 2017 - 07:26 AM

about Gadisov/Sazhidov vs. Mamiashvili/Tedeev conflicts. I dont think so. Gadisov retired not due to conflict 

#34 sgallan

sgallan

Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • 29,915 posts

Posted 21 December 2017 - 03:40 PM

At this point he's too small (and still pushed Snyder to the brink).    Sadulaev is such a special talent, he really should be utilized where he is best.  No one can beat him at his optimum weight.  He's just so slick and athletic.   

Fair enough but he has to land at an Olympic weight eventually. He either has to go up and get used to wrestling the pressure Snyder uses, who still seems to be improving a pretty high standard, and not gas at that weight like with Snyder and like he did in Russian nationals, or he has to stay closer to 86 and win another one there. 

• cjc007 likes this

#35 de4856

de4856

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 21 December 2017 - 04:10 PM

I wouldn't doubt that we see another Sad vs Snyder match somewhere here in the near future, and if Snyder prevails again, I think we see Sad go back down to 86 for 2020.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users