Sign in to follow this  
Housebuye

Hayden Hidlay to go undefeated until NCAAs?

Hidlay has the toughest test of the season and was relatively dominant over Tyler Berger.

Looking at the rest of his season, I don’t think he takes a loss until NCAAs.

The only match I am concerned about is against Micah Jordan. Hidlay could certainly lose that one, but if he gameplan well he has the skill set to win.

https://www.wrestlestat.com/wrestler/44595/hidlay-hayden/profile

Who on that list can beat him?

He isn’t going to any notable tournaments from what I can tell, seeing as NC State is sending backups because they will be going to Italy to wrestle OSU.

I don’t think there is anybody in the ACC that can beat him either.

He might be seeded as high as 2nd, kind of like Tommy Gantt if I recall correctly. Kemerer likely takes at least 1 loss to Nolf, Shields, Jordan, and Panteleo have taken losses already.

Pretty impressive. Excited for NC State to continue improving. They are a dark horse for the podium this year.

Hidlay looked great last night. That whole squad looks even better than the good team they had with Ganntt. Everyone appears to be developing well. Hayden has always been good and disciplined, but he looks now to have really filled out his frame and he is going to be tough. Based on what I saw last night, he could beat a guy like Micah. Maybe Levalley too, but that would be a tougher test. 

Isn't Joey Lavallee a possibility this weekend?

Oops. Yes. Good call.

Interesting matchup. Hidlay can go with him on the feet I think, but Lavallee has that veteran mat game. Excellent rider and can hit some solid reversals from bottom.

Hope that is the finals match

Hidlay has the toughest test of the season and was relatively dominant over Tyler Berger.

Looking at the rest of his season, I don’t think he takes a loss until NCAAs.

The only match I am concerned about is against Micah Jordan. Hidlay could certainly lose that one, but if he gameplan well he has the skill set to win.

https://www.wrestlestat.com/wrestler/44595/hidlay-hayden/profile

Who on that list can beat him?

He isn’t going to any notable tournaments from what I can tell, seeing as NC State is sending backups because they will be going to Italy to wrestle OSU.

I don’t think there is anybody in the ACC that can beat him either.

He might be seeded as high as 2nd, kind of like Tommy Gantt if I recall correctly. Kemerer likely takes at least 1 loss to Nolf, Shields, Jordan, and Panteleo have taken losses already.

Pretty impressive. Excited for NC State to continue improving. They are a dark horse for the podium this year.

If Kemerer wins Midlands and his only losses of the season are twice to Nolf, I would still seed him higher than an undefeated Hidlay.

If Kemerer wins Midlands and his only losses of the season are twice to Nolf, I would still seed him higher than an undefeated Hidlay.

Stieber was a 2x defending champ with one loss to Retherford (and a win over him as well) and was seeded #2 behind an undefeated Port. Records seem to be the ultimate criteria. 

See Gantt example. Won’t happen. Hidlay will be seeded ahead of Kemerer if Kemerer has losses and Hidlay doesn’t.

I think it is more a case by case basis. It isn't so much about undefeated as it is margin of victory and common opponents as well as the coaches poll. In the case of Gantt he was winning in a pretty dominant fashion and Nolf was a freshman so the coaches didn't have as much to put Nolf over Gantt. In the case of Port, Retherford was also a freshman and I think most coaches definitely thought Port was better just on his history alone let alone the season in which Port had dominated.

If Kemerer wrecks the field and loses reasonably to Nolf, the coaches will absolutely have him ranked over Hidlay unless he starts dominating His opponents and has a comparable strength of schedule.

Edited by MSU158

Mitch Finesilver could potentially give him a loss in the ACC. Hidlay will be favored, and did beat him last year, but it's not out of the question that Finesilver could pull one out

True, but Hidlay has made a jump since last year and beat him then. I would be pretty surprised if that occurred.