Sign in to follow this  
lu_alum

Yianni #1

Heil should still be the #1 ranked guy, IMO, but it doesn't matter terribly, since seeding is supposed to be a single year snapshot; unless others start losing, I think Heil ends up at 2 or 3 come March.  But for strictly rankings purposes, Heil should still be #1 IMO.  55 straight wins, multiple wins over Meredith and other top guys; he just has a bigger resume by far and a single loss in two years.

And for this same reason, why IMar should still be #1 at 165 despite my obvious Penn State bias. 

Heil should still be the #1 ranked guy, IMO, but it doesn't matter terribly, since seeding is supposed to be a single year snapshot; unless others start losing, I think Heil ends up at 2 or 3 come March.  But for strictly rankings purposes, Heil should still be #1 IMO.  55 straight wins, multiple wins over Meredith and other top guys; he just has a bigger resume by far and a single loss in two years.

I don't disagree, but also don't think ranking matters that much right know.  Seeding is a different criteria. If Heil were to win B12 easily (that means by 2 pts or better for him) does that then erase the early season on the road TB1 loss in the minds of the seeding committee?  Wouldn't surprise me and thus if erasing only loss seeded over an undefeated Y.  But how much does that even matter.  Of course its possible Heil might just throw an extra match to ensure he gets the 4 seed and the "easy" side of the bracket.  Thing about Heil is he has a sneaky strategy, the way he wrestles its nearly impossible to tell when/if he "throws" a match.  ;)

Let's assume just for argument's sake, that Yianni runs the table this year. Is he a lifer at 141? If so, does he win 4 titles? If not, who beats him? Is there anyone in the future who could come up from 133 and challenge him? If he moves up to 149 at some point, is there anyone there who you'd favor over him? Zain and Sorensen and other Seniors obviously are not included.

Edited by Erminio8

How much has Eierman improved in the past year? I know how hyped he was coming into Mizzou and I know he got off to a good start until NaTo majored him at 133... He obviously didn't impress too much when I saw him against tOSU, did the jump up in weight really help him?

He looks much better up at 141, and he's not small for the weight. You could tell how much the cut to 133 effected him once he moved up. He's kind of a wild card as his style is unpredictable, and somewhat inconsistent. Most folks on the forum don't put him up there with the cream of the crop in the weight, but he could beat any of them. He could also lose to guys he should beat by getting out of control, but I expect his consistency will improve throughout his career.

Edited by Crotalus

Let's assume just for argument's sake, that Yianni runs the table this year. Is he a lifer at 141? If so, does he win 4 titles? If not, who beats him? Is there anyone in the future who could come up from 133 and challenge him? If he moves up to 149 at some point, is there anyone there who you'd favor over him? Zain and Sorensen and other Seniors obviously are not included.

I predict him to win it at 141 this year, and then go up to 149 and win that the next year. Then I think he will go up to 157 win that and then 165 his senior year to beat a returning hodge winner. All the while losing every hypothetical match up along the way :)