Sign in to follow this  
Brutus81

NEED 3 ALL SESSION TICKETS FOR 3/21-3/23

Anyone?

Ain't likely gonna happen on here; tickets are tough.

I'd head to stubhub, if I were you.

Tough ain't the word.

At StubHub, one all session ticket is starting at almost $900 going up to over $2,000 for better seats. That's many multiples of what I paid the last two times nationals were out east in Philly and Albany.

And even if I was willing to pay that for the tickets, I can't find a hotel room.

So someone remind me again of the advantages of holding nationals in DesMoines, other than native Iowans don't have to travel as far, no offense to native Iowans.

I'm sure there will be tickets sold out front. Never fails. I'm a single and I'm confident. May have to pay more as I'm looking for a primo seat. It's sad that arseholes are trying to get 5 times the value.

DesMoines...biggest mistake ever. Been there 3x n it just blows. Nothing to do, lousy food, insufficient lodging and parking. Not sure what political strings were pulled to make this happen but its a mistake. I would rather it be Almost ANYWHERE other than there. The ONE time college wrestling gets a huge showing and its in the most boring place in America, great job to whatever geniuses took part in this decision.

Sorry for the rant poster, if it wasnt being held here u wouldnt b having these issues. Such a waste

Is the arena a dump also? I've never set foot in the state so I really don't know what to expect.

Sure would be nice if it ever came west of Omaha. There are tons of wrestling fans out here...just not enough wrestling colleges. :evil:

I don't really care about the night life, but I do care that the area isn't served by a large airport, that hotels are hard to come by, and that an event that consistently sells out larger arenas has purposefully made a decision to sell thousands fewer tickets. I don't know what the options are for 2015 and beyond, but I hope it's a better situation than this.

DesMoines...biggest mistake ever. Been there 3x n it just blows. Nothing to do, lousy food, insufficient lodging and parking. Not sure what political strings were pulled to make this happen but its a mistake. I would rather it be Almost ANYWHERE other than there. The ONE time college wrestling gets a huge showing and its in the most boring place in America, great job to whatever geniuses took part in this decision.

Sorry for the rant poster, if it wasnt being held here u wouldnt b having these issues. Such a waste

I agree, and I live in Iowa. You are a little harsh with "the most boring place in america" part, but it's not a great venue for sure.

Causes a ticket shortage, transportation sucks, nightlife sucks, hotels suck, most drive in ..... it was a very bad idea.

Omaha was terrible imo, and DesMoines looks to be worse.

You guys are starting to convince me. I can cancel my rental car and hotel reservation. Southwest is cool though. I can just apply the funds to some other destinations the rest of the year.

Now that ESPN does such a great job I can easily just stay home and follow some of the matches up to and including the finals. I get to also save the 3 vacation days...I'm starting to talk myself into it.

You guys are starting to convince me. I can cancel my rental car and hotel reservation. Southwest is cool though. I can just apply the funds to some other destinations the rest of the year.

Now that ESPN does such a great job I can easily just stay home and follow some of the matches up to and including the finals. I get to also save the 3 vacation days...I'm starting to talk myself into it.

Yup, no way in hell im paying $1500 plus just to get decent tix just to hav to go and watch in DesMoines, Iowa. Not to mention the hotel and restaurant nightmare that will present itself. Save up for next year bud....or possibly go to the B1G tourny??

Anyone?

Ain't likely gonna happen on here; tickets are tough.

I'd head to stubhub, if I were you.

Tough ain't the word.

At StubHub, one all session ticket is starting at almost $900 going up to over $2,000 for better seats. That's many multiples of what I paid the last two times nationals were out east in Philly and Albany.

And even if I was willing to pay that for the tickets, I can't find a hotel room.

So someone remind me again of the advantages of holding nationals in DesMoines, other than native Iowans don't have to travel as far, no offense to native Iowans.

The advantage to having it in Des Moines is they paid the NCAA more money than the other cities that bid on it. When are people here going to figure out that the NCAA doesn't choose the sites based on what is best for the fans, but on what makes the most money for the NCAA?

Paid for tix already,

I know my pipeline is solid but won't feel comfortable until I am holding them.

The NCAA ripped our hotel rooms and now we are a ways out. That sucked.

Flights are no cheaper than 700.

Des Moines will be awesome once we get there and all but it is a pain in the can so far.

#1 - This is a newer arena. It would be just fine if it had 4000 more seats

#2 - There are plenty of restaurants and bars nearby if people do the research and find them. More than Omaha, Kansas City, Philadelphia, and Detroit.

If you are staying in Des Moines to watch wrestling for 3 days, and you actually educate yourself, there is absolutely ZERO reason to call Des Moines a boring city.

For what its worth. Seating chart at the Well says that they will seat 16,900 - 17,000 for Nationals this year. Based on the Stats below it wont be that much smaller of a venue than most are implying. Also, Des Moines isnt as bad as some others are saying for nightlife, food, hotel, etc.......Just like with every city, if you do your research there are many pockets around the city that you can go to and get away from the crowd, or be with the crowd to have drinks, eat, etc....I live in Des Moines and will be staying at my own place, which actually might be worse than hotel goers that will probably get free shuttle to and from the arena as well.

Attendance Statistics of NCAA Tournament since 2001:

2001 Iowa City: Finals = 15,500; Total = 79,477

2002 Albany: Finals = 13,077; Total = 75,898

2003 Kansas City: Finals = 16,436; Total = 91,431

2004 St. Louis: Finals = 15,081; Total = 87,676

2005 St. Louis: Finals = 16,302; Total = 95,063

2006 Ok. City: Finals = 16,394; Total = 90,806

2007 Detroit: Finals = 17,780; Total = 89,794

2008 St. Louis: Finals = 16,169; Total = 94,324

2009 St. Louis: Finals = 17,418; Total = 97,336

2010 Omaha: Finals = 16,223; Total = 94,016; Avg. = 15,669

2011 Philly: Finals = 17,687; Total = 104,260; Avg. = 17,376