Sign in to follow this  
Tony_Rotundo

2015 Worlds in Las Vegas!!

Ya' gotta admit, the new FILA and USA Wrestling leadership is quickly moving things in a positive direction! Good job! Now I hope they can change some of those idiot freestyle rules (like the clinch) to something more spectator friendly. That will be the real test.....

Ya' gotta admit, the new FILA and USA Wrestling leadership is quickly moving things in a positive direction! Good job! Now I hope they can change some of those idiot freestyle rules (like the clinch) to something more spectator friendly. That will be the real test.....

And let's hope there are A LOT of spectators. ;^)

Yeah for a Boxing match. The wiki page for the Orleans Arena has listed 7,773 for an ice hockey game. With 3 or 4 mats for the World Championships I have to think it will be closer to that than 9,500. I have already talked to several people who are going to make that a must attend event. I see it becoming difficult to get tickets.

Not for seven straight days of wrestling. Not too many fans will stay the entire time.

Great point... I have to think this is one of FILA's problems. They need to shrink their schedule to 3 days to keep the fans there.

I went the Worlds in Istanbul in 2011. What I like about the schedule is that it made for an easy day of spectating. You could relax or do tourist things in the morning and then sit and watch wrestling all afternoon and evening.

They could probably squeeze it down to a 6 day event, with each style having two days of competition, but I think moving it into a 3 day event might be too much.

(I go to all sessions of the NCAAs and I am completely wiped out to the point where it gets hard to enjoy the wrestling at times.)

As an added note...

I am very excited to have Worlds in the US. Las Vegas is not my favorite place to visit, but I'm very happy to simply have this event in the US.

The dates currently showing for Worlds are Sept 7-13, 2015.

I was looking at the FILA website and it looks like Las Vegas won out over 4 other cities: Sochi, Panama City, New Delhi and Tehran.

As an added note...

I am very excited to have Worlds in the US. Las Vegas is not my favorite place to visit, but I'm very happy to simply have this event in the US.

The dates currently showing for Worlds are Sept 7-13, 2015.

I was looking at the FILA website and it looks like Las Vegas won out over 4 other cities: Sochi, Panama City, New Delhi and Tehran.

Panama City, Florida, or Panama City, Panama?