Sign in to follow this  
TBar1977

Cruz vs Fix at Scuffle

Flo guys talked like Cruz would be a tall ask for Daton Fix, but I think he is up to the challenge. No disrespect to the champ intended. Maybe I'm wrong. Won't be the first or last time on that. 

I would have to give Cruz the nod based upon Fix's last tournament.  It may take Fix some time to be as good at Folk (or nearly as good) as he is in FS.  This said, a close win by Fix wouldn't surprise me, either.  

Yeah I love me some Fix, but he squeaked out a few last weekend over much lower caliber wrestlers, this would be a huge win for him and he is a significant underdog (rightfully so).... 0 chance he gets blown out but I could easily see soemthing like a 3 or 4 point loss he never really has a chance to win. That said..... I hope he keeps the hype train rolling.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

any idea when brackets come out for this?  if fix makes it to the finals with no hiccups, i'm calling the upset.  and even further, i see it being a pretty easy match for fix.  not saying the score will reflect that, but I could see a 2 to 3 point win by fix and never really being put in any major danger.

no disrespect to cruz here, i just think fix is that special.  i would be happy to be wrong as well, keeps things intriguing.

any idea when brackets come out for this?  if fix makes it to the finals with no hiccups, i'm calling the upset.  and even further, i see it being a pretty easy match for fix.  not saying the score will reflect that, but I could see a 2 to 3 point win by fix and never really being put in any major danger.

no disrespect to cruz here, i just think fix is that special.  i would be happy to be wrong as well, keeps things intriguing.

Yep.  A riding time loss or a loss where Fix never chooses down, or maybe even a loss where he gets tilted are all possibilities.  Maybe even a late/OT takedown with no time to come back.  But I'd be shocked by a match where he just got beat on his feet.

How good is Cruz on top?  I've seen him a few times but I couldn't really say.

Yep.  A riding time loss or a loss where Fix never chooses down, or maybe even a loss where he gets tilted are all possibilities.  Maybe even a late/OT takedown with no time to come back.  But I'd be shocked by a match where he just got beat on his feet.

How good is Cruz on top?  I've seen him a few times but I couldn't really say.

Very few people choose down against Cruz; most of them live to regret it.

Like Ben Askren likes to say, don't get in it!

actually that's how (by getting in it) he beat Pendelton the 1 time in Big 12 championships.

Worked well for Picc also.

Edited by ionel

I think the most likely Cruz win is 1-0 with Fix choosing neutral.  The most likely Fix win is 2-1 or 2-0.  If Smith was there he'd make Fix go down, but Smith will be 5000 miles away and I'd be shocked if Fix goes down.  I agree Fix has offense issues in Folk where he cannot live off of counters.  He especially can't win off of counters against a guy who will count 0-0 1st period as a win and who will be at a big advantage if it goes to rideouts.  Fix will be the one compelled to score in neutral and Cruz will know that and likely won't attack the legs.

I think Fix will be fine. He beat some fringe AA guys at Reno but the matches weren't as close as the scores made them seem. Cruz is a different animal but he's not on Fix's level on his feet. I think Fix needs to be more aggressive on his feet, he didn't shoot nearly enough in his last couple matches.

Cruz is definitely the favorite, but should be a good one.

Edited by TobusRex

I think Fix will be fine. He beat some fringe AA guys at Reno but the matches weren't as close as the scores made them seem. Cruz is a different animal but he's not on Fix's level on his feet. I think Fix needs to be more aggressive on his feet, he didn't shoot nearly enough in his last couple matches.

Cruz is definitely the favorite, but should be a good one.

Fix also has a pretty good guy to practice with who has already beat Cruz this year.