Sign in to follow this  
LoStNuMbEr

Logan Massa

No Massa at Michigans duals this past week, I suppose its too much to hope that he'll back in time for the Penn State match on Friday?

Doubt his first match back they would put him against the #1 guy. 

I hope they do, but only if he is 100%. He has not looked good recently, but prior to CKLV was looking incredible. 

Why is it that wrestling teams are so secretive with their teams?  If you want fan involvement, I believe you need to let them know what's going on, instead of keeping everything so "confidential".   Other sports inform fans of injuries, suspensions, etc.  its kind of frustrating that so many things are kept secret.  I think it holds our sport back.

1.  Even Flo can't find out if PD3 is for real or a real hoax!

2.  Whats the deal with Lehigh's Preisch and Michigan's Massa?  Among others.

3.  Why won't Cael discuss the 141b weight and 197?  If they asked an NCAA Football coach, he would at least address it. He might be a bit evasive, but it wouldn't be ignored.

I am sure there are many more but these are just a few.  

Why is it that wrestling teams are so secretive with their teams?  If you want fan involvement, I believe you need to let them know what's going on, instead of keeping everything so "confidential".   Other sports inform fans of injuries, suspensions, etc.  its kind of frustrating that so many things are kept secret.  I think it holds our sport back.

3.  Why won't Cael discuss the 141b weight and 197?  If they asked an NCAA Football coach, he would at least address it. He might be a bit evasive, but it wouldn't be ignored.

Wrestling falls into several archaic categories.  The most obvious one, to fans anyway, is there is little to NO attempt to be fan friendly, and if being fan friendly can be perceived to hurt  in even the slightest way, that fan friendliness gets thrown out of the window.

The revenue sports like Football and Basketball actually benefit from letting everyone know about injuries(this has a ton to do with betting) and many of the team's inner workings.  But, many get 20k-100k+ to attend home games, plus considerable television viewership.   If Wrestling had even close to that type of a following, you wouldn't have near the cryptic nature you have now.

Penn State football coach James Franklin would NEVER discuss a player injury.  Most other football coaches would play it very close to the vest as well. It's not the fans they're concerned about...its opposing coaches.  So, its a need to know basis...and you (not you personally) don't need to know.

The NFL has their injury reports precisely because they are in bed with gambling.  If I were an NFL coach I would out and out lie about injuries as much as I possibly could get away with.

Edited by PANewbie

++++

Why is it that wrestling teams are so secretive with their teams? If you want fan involvement, I believe you need to let them know what's going on, instead of keeping everything so "confidential". Other sports inform fans of injuries, suspensions, etc. its kind of frustrating that so many things are kept secret. I think it holds our sport back.

1. Even Flo can't find out if PD3 is for real or a real hoax!

2. Whats the deal with Lehigh's Preisch and Michigan's Massa? Among others.

3. Why won't Cael discuss the 141b weight and 197? If they asked an NCAA Football coach, he would at least address it. He might be a bit evasive, but it wouldn't be ignored.

Brandon Eggum is open about injuries and illnesses.