• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 LoStNuMbEr

LoStNuMbEr

Gold Member

• Members
  • 7,991 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 08:47 AM

Anyone have any news on his injury?  I haven't seen any updates, and he missed the one match Michigan had in December after CKLV.  Hoping its not serious and we see him back in action come January

#2 hammerlockthree

hammerlockthree

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,863 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 09:08 AM

any diagnosis ever announced at all?

#3 Sheerstress

Sheerstress

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,491 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 11:15 AM

I don't have specifics, but word around the program is that it's not serious, and he should be back in action in the near future.  

#4 LoStNuMbEr

LoStNuMbEr

Gold Member

• Members
  • 7,991 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 05:49 AM

No Massa at Michigans duals this past week, I suppose its too much to hope that he'll back in time for the Penn State match on Friday?

#5 Housebuye

Housebuye

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,708 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 09:55 AM

No Massa at Michigans duals this past week, I suppose its too much to hope that he'll back in time for the Penn State match on Friday?

Doubt his first match back they would put him against the #1 guy. 

I hope they do, but only if he is 100%. He has not looked good recently, but prior to CKLV was looking incredible. 

#6 Sheerstress

Sheerstress

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,491 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 04:28 AM

He's at least a possibility for this Friday.

http://www.mgoblue.c...ler-center.aspx

• de4856 likes this

#7 pennsyrules

pennsyrules

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,802 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 05:04 PM

Why is it that wrestling teams are so secretive with their teams?  If you want fan involvement, I believe you need to let them know what's going on, instead of keeping everything so "confidential".   Other sports inform fans of injuries, suspensions, etc.  its kind of frustrating that so many things are kept secret.  I think it holds our sport back.

1.  Even Flo can't find out if PD3 is for real or a real hoax!

2.  Whats the deal with Lehigh's Preisch and Michigan's Massa?  Among others.

3.  Why won't Cael discuss the 141b weight and 197?  If they asked an NCAA Football coach, he would at least address it. He might be a bit evasive, but it wouldn't be ignored.

I am sure there are many more but these are just a few.  

• BigTimeFan likes this

#8 MSU158

MSU158

Gold Member

• Members
  • 4,724 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 01:53 AM

Why is it that wrestling teams are so secretive with their teams?  If you want fan involvement, I believe you need to let them know what's going on, instead of keeping everything so "confidential".   Other sports inform fans of injuries, suspensions, etc.  its kind of frustrating that so many things are kept secret.  I think it holds our sport back.

3.  Why won't Cael discuss the 141b weight and 197?  If they asked an NCAA Football coach, he would at least address it. He might be a bit evasive, but it wouldn't be ignored.

Wrestling falls into several archaic categories.  The most obvious one, to fans anyway, is there is little to NO attempt to be fan friendly, and if being fan friendly can be perceived to hurt  in even the slightest way, that fan friendliness gets thrown out of the window.

The revenue sports like Football and Basketball actually benefit from letting everyone know about injuries(this has a ton to do with betting) and many of the team's inner workings.  But, many get 20k-100k+ to attend home games, plus considerable television viewership.   If Wrestling had even close to that type of a following, you wouldn't have near the cryptic nature you have now.

• madcat11 likes this

#9 PANewbie

PANewbie

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,170 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 02:25 AM

Penn State football coach James Franklin would NEVER discuss a player injury.  Most other football coaches would play it very close to the vest as well. It's not the fans they're concerned about...its opposing coaches.  So, its a need to know basis...and you (not you personally) don't need to know.

The NFL has their injury reports precisely because they are in bed with gambling.  If I were an NFL coach I would out and out lie about injuries as much as I possibly could get away with.

Edited by PANewbie, 11 January 2018 - 02:26 AM.

#10 BigTimeFan

BigTimeFan

Gold Member

• Members
  • 5,002 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 02:46 AM

++++

#11 WrestlingFan89

WrestlingFan89

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 03:04 AM

Why is it that wrestling teams are so secretive with their teams? If you want fan involvement, I believe you need to let them know what's going on, instead of keeping everything so "confidential". Other sports inform fans of injuries, suspensions, etc. its kind of frustrating that so many things are kept secret. I think it holds our sport back.

1. Even Flo can't find out if PD3 is for real or a real hoax!
2. Whats the deal with Lehigh's Preisch and Michigan's Massa? Among others.
3. Why won't Cael discuss the 141b weight and 197? If they asked an NCAA Football coach, he would at least address it. He might be a bit evasive, but it wouldn't be ignored.

Brandon Eggum is open about injuries and illnesses.

#12 TobusRex

TobusRex

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,806 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 03:33 AM

I think T-shirt cannons should be required at all D1 dual meets. Fan participation - Boom, there it is.  Can have Sr night, team pic on front with an awesome dragon pic on the back.

#13 Sheerstress

Sheerstress

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,491 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 10:26 AM

Sometimes it may just be that the team and the athlete just DON'T KNOW whether he/she will be ready for a given competition, and don't want to raise false expectations.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users