Sign in to follow this  
Gantry

Midlands Semis

My guess is wrestlebacks first. I read somewhere today that they are going from 10 mats to four mats for both rounds tomorrow.

Event Schedule

Friday, December 29

9:30 a.m: First Session - 10 mats 

7 p.m: Second Session - 10 mats - Championship and consolation

Saturday, December 30

Noon: Third Session - 4 mats - Semifinals, consolation, 7th place matches

7 p.m: Final Session - 3 mats - 1st, 3rd, 5th place matches

Lee is going to tech Bresser and Suriano is going to big-brother fellow NJ state champ Rivera, but I still want to see the beat-downs being handed down.

Aside from those, the match I'm most looking forward to seeing is Sorenson vs. Tsirtsis. I can't believe I'm excited about a scrap between two of the most sleep-inducing guys ever, but I actually am. I am intrigued by Tsirtsis's reemergence and his history of trading close matches with Sorenson.

I'm rooting for Kolodzik to beat Oliver and give Sorenson a good run. Kolodzik has wrestled really well so far and took out a red-hot Deakin.

Other than that, wake me up for the finals. I was excited to see the Marinelli vs. Lewis rematch, but after watching their quarters matches, I expect the same match as the last time. I'm rooting for Marinelli only because I want to see if he can avenge the ass-kicking Anthony V gave him last year.

I like Sorenson to beat Tsirtsis, maybe by more than 1 pt. too. Can't wait to see Lee and Suriano go at it. I have favored Nick all along, but I am completely questioning that right now. Lee's arm bars and roll through cross wrist tilts seem almost unstoppable. My gut is telling me that Suriano pick will end up being wrong. 

Edited by TBar1977

I was looking at wrestlestat.com (so awesome) and the thing that stands out is that this year and last the worst that Russel lost was by MD to Gilman, 10-2. Otherwise every single loss he suffered was a very close match. This was his ONLY bonus point loss this year or last. He lost in SV to Piccininni 6-4 in ncaa’s. Then Lee comes along and wins 15-0 with the match stopping in the second period. And Lee chose down. It’s mind boggling.

I was looking at wrestlestat.com (so awesome) and the thing that stands out is that this year and last the worst that Russel lost was by MD to Gilman, 10-2. Otherwise every single loss he suffered was a very close match. This was his ONLY bonus point loss this year or last. He lost in SV to Piccininni 6-4 in ncaa’s. Then Lee comes along and wins 15-0 with the match stopping in the second period. And Lee chose down. It’s mind boggling.

As a GA native, and big Russell fan, it was very disturbing to see him get folded up like that. I had no idea Lee was THAT good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had no idea Lee was that good either. I have long admired him but wondered given his did, his losses to Fix and the fact his Big wins in freestyle were at 50kg, the weakest weight, whether he’d be particularly special in college. Yes, a multi time NCAA champ seemed possibly but a dominant man-crusher, I wasn’t so sure.

I am actually curious to see what he does to Bresser. Fix beat him 2-1. Will Lee crush Bresser too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by BigTimeFan

Considered Suriano the favorite to beat Lee in a close match, but now not so sure.  I think Lee is now the favorite although Suriano's style will keep it close.  Have always thought Lee had the higher ceiling as he can score points in every way possible and very quickly - especially on top.

Does anyone know if they are going to start with a round of wrestlebacks tomorrow?  They usually do but the whole different venue and more mats thing...

Still looking for an answer here if anyone knows.  They DO have beer but in general I'd prefer to show up a little later if there's 90 minutes of wrestlebacks. 

Riding time is only awarded when the match goes the full seven minutes.

It would be very hard - but not impossible- to shut someone out for a TF without also having more than a minute of riding. The only two ways are (1) TD, lots of back points within less than a minute to a TF or (2) TD not too quickly and end first period without a TF, choose bottom and get ridden out, go to the third period and choose top or neutral and score the TF in less than a minute. Since Lee got TF in the second period it would have been very hard for him not to have accumulated 1:00 riding time so it is close to irrelevant.

Any way to get multiple matches per screen with this split Track/Flo setup?

In FloArena when you click on a match from the dashboard two matches automatically appear.

How do we do it now?

bottom of the screen on Flo... there is a little video camera icon, next to the "i" icon.  Click the video camera icon & you have choice of one stream or two.