Sign in to follow this  
madcat11

Yianni vs Eierman: who you got?

Yianni was up by 1 plus had riding time with about 30 seconds left after the Mizzou challenge. He avoided Eierman for a bit and then shot in with about 12 seconds to go or so, Eierman locks up a defensive cradle, Yianni tries to fight out of it by coming to the side to score, and Eierman turns him for the TD and backs.

That was very poor strategy by Yianni with 30 seconds left to go. Showed his youth. Live and learn. He'll take the next one when it matters.

Perhaps, and perhaps you should stop talking crap when your guy just lost.

Soooo......Meredith 1, Eierman 2, Yianni 3, and Heil 4?

Edited by KCMO2

Talking crap? Didn't I just give "your guy" props for fighting until the end? 

The outcome of the match surprised me but how it went down didn't. Yianni lost that match more than Eierman won it. He had him beat with 30 seconds left. Eierman didn't even touch Yianni's leg once off his own shot. Why would Yianni take a shot with 12 seconds left?? Poor decision.

Or he won't.  Eierman has a way of making guys look strategically bad.  

Did you see the match? Do you objectively think that was good match management by Yianni in the final 30 seconds?

Maybe he won't beat him next time, but Yianni gave that match away. Worst case, take a stall and take it to OT.

Talking crap? Didn't I just give "your guy" props for fighting until the end? 

The outcome of the match surprised me but how it went down didn't. Yianni lost that match more than Eierman won it. He had him beat with 30 seconds left. Eierman didn't even touch Yianni's leg once off his own shot. Why would Yianni take a shot with 12 seconds left?? Poor decision.

Get out of here with that.  You claim you're not surprised with how it went down an hour after you said it wouldn't be close.  You ran around the thread proposing $1000 bets with anyone who said it would be close.  Just be wrong and move on from it. 

As for the match, when does Eierman ever touch a leg off his own shot?  He is dangerous from everywhere and Yianni paid for forgetting that.  There is a decent chance he forgets it again at some point in the next 7 minutes they wrestle.  

Get out of here with that.  You claim you're not surprised with how it went down an hour after you said it wouldn't be close.  You ran around the thread proposing $1000 bets with anyone who said it would be close.  Just be wrong and move on from it. 

I specifically said I'd go TDs on the bet. I never bet on the outcome. Learn to read.

When does Eierman touch a leg off his own shot? Have you even seen him wrestle? He shoots and scores plenty of times, including against Yianni.

Did you see the match? Do you objectively think that was good match management by Yianni in the final 30 seconds?

Maybe he won't beat him next time, but Yianni gave that match away. Worst case, take a stall and take it to OT.

Great wrestlers have a hard time with accepting they can't beat someone in a position.  It leads guys to engaging places they shouldn't.  Nobody in the country should scramble with Eierman for two reasons.  1) because he is awesome there, and 2) because he isn't that great if you engage him elsewhere.  And yet guys repeatedly engage him there when they shouldn't.  He is good at getting guys to wrestle him in places that are advantageous to him.  He often makes guys look tactically bad.  Maybe Yianni learns from this and bellies out and gives up the TD, or maybe he thinks he is good enough to wrestle through the position and ends up on his back again.  

Saying that Yianni will win when it matters downplays this loss, and is taking crap after you just said this match wouldn't even be close.

It's not a rooting statement at all. I firmly believe it. He got to Eierman's legs fairly easily. It's a credit to Eierman that he only got scored on once. I also thought Eierman would be able to ride him, but he didn't even come close. Eierman deserves kudos for staying in there and fighting until the end, but what happens in a match where Yianni backs off more and wrestles more intelligently? Do you honestly think it's that hard to see the adjustment that needs to be made?

This match confirmed one thing. Eierman is very dangerous. It didn't show me he's better than Yianni in any position, though, so I do think he'll take the next one if they even meet up.

I specifically said I'd go TDs on the bet. I never bet on the outcome. Learn to read.

When does Eierman touch a leg off his own shot? Have you even seen him wrestle? He shoots and scores plenty of times, including against Yianni.

You said not close and a single poster disagreed and said close and you said not a major.  He pointed out it's been close before and you started throwing around $1000 bets.  If you don't see how obnoxious that is there is no point in continuing to talk about it.