Sign in to follow this  
madcat11

Yianni vs Eierman: who you got?

You said not close and a single poster disagreed and said close and you said not a major.  He pointed out it's been close before and you started throwing around $1000 bets.  If you don't see how obnoxious that is there is no point in continuing to talk about it.  

The bets were about TDs. The match ended 1-1 in TDs, with Eierman's coming off a huge Yianni mistake in the final 12 seconds. I don't think the bet was obnoxious at all and I'd even double the stakes next time. 

As for the prediction, it was wrong. No shame in that and I congratulated Eierman on a good fight. 

It's not a rooting statement at all. I firmly believe it. He got to Eierman's legs fairly easily. It's a credit to Eierman that he only got scored on once. I also thought Eierman would be able to ride him, but he didn't even come close. Eierman deserves kudos for staying in there and fighting until the end, but what happens in a match where Yianni backs off more and wrestles more intelligently? Do you honestly think it's that hard to see the adjustment that needs to be made?

This match confirmed one thing. Eierman is very dangerous. It didn't show me he's better than Yianni in any position, though, so I do think he'll take the next one if they even meet up.

Fair enough. Next time Eierman should take neutral though, where I believe he is better.  He's taken down Meredith and taken down and backed Yianni.  

I'll bet you even money $10k per TD, I've got Yianni TDs, you've got Eierman TDs.

Will you take the bet if I spot you one TD then?

I had someone take me up on a $1k bet actually.

After today's result you should Venmo  $1K to Wrestling for Life. 

Fair enough. Next time Eierman should take neutral though, where I believe he is better.  He's taken down Meredith and taken down and backed Yianni.  

I disagree. Yianni very nearly got himself reversed by being too stubborn with the ride, if you can even call it that. If you watched the match, you'll know what I mean. Yianni mat returned him half a dozen times and gave up a stall call (hanging on to leg for 5 seconds) to get his riding time. The right move is to go down again.

Anyone who is expects someone to actually pay up on an anonymous internet bet is dumber than the person who makes anonymous internet bets.  If you have the kind of money to randomly throw around $10K then go spend it in places where that kind of money spends.  Don't use it to give weight to your anonymous internet argument.  State your argument with facts instead of imaginary dollars and bluster.  

Or be a real grownup and if someone doesn't agree with your wrestling opinion just tell them that your dad can beat up their dad.

Anyone who is expects someone to actually pay up on an anonymous internet bet is dumber than the person who makes anonymous internet bets.  If you have the kind of money to randomly throw around $10K then go spend it in places where that kind of money spends.  Don't use it to give weight to your anonymous internet argument.  State your argument with facts instead of imaginary dollars and bluster.  

I do state facts as well as opinions. I also like to bet on something I feel I have an edge on. 

I do bet on sports all the time, including wrestling. The amounts may seem large to you but to be frank, are small bets for experienced sports gamblers. I have made bets over the Internet and gotten paid as well as paid out myself many times.

I give action on this site in part to try to get it and in part to bust balls.

Don't be so sore and cry about it when you weren't even part of the conversation. 

I do state facts as well as opinions. I also like to bet on something I feel I have an edge on. 

I do bet on sports all the time, including wrestling. The amounts may seem large to you but to be frank, are small bets for experienced sports gamblers. I have made bets over the Internet and gotten paid as well as paid out myself many times.

Don't be so sore and cry about it when you weren't even part of the conversation.

High roller... $$$

Eierman deserves kudos for staying in there and fighting until the end, but what happens in a match where Yianni backs off more and wrestles more intelligently? Do you honestly think it's that hard to see the adjustment that needs to be made?

This match confirmed one thing. Eierman is very dangerous. It didn't show me he's better than Yianni in any position, though, so I do think he'll take the next one if they even meet up.

This match didn't confirm that Eierman was dangerous, that was already well known and I guarantee Yianni knew he needed to stay out of any scramble positions, yet he still made a mistake that cost him. When your tired your instincts take over and game plans go out the window.

If the adjustment needed by Yianni is to score early then back off the rest of the match, that is not his style and I don't see that being his game plan (but I don't see him shooting with

You've never been paid on this site though.  Nobody has.  That's not what this site is for.  When you offered the bet I don't doubt you would have taken it if he wanted it, but you didn't offer to make a bet.  You offered to win an argument.  You may make bets all over the internet on betting sites and even message boards, but you don't come here to make bets.  You come here to talk wrestling and very occasionally use a make believe bet to win wrestling arguments.  

You've never been paid on this site though.  Nobody has.  That's not what this site is for.  When you offered the bet I don't doubt you would have taken it if he wanted it, but you didn't offer to make a bet.  You offered to win an argument.  You may make bets all over the internet on betting sites and even message boards, but you don't come here to make bets.  You come here to talk wrestling and very occasionally use a make believe bet to win wrestling arguments.  

To win wrestling arguments. What idiocy. You can't win a wrestling argument by saying I'll bet you money. As I said, I do it in part to make a real bet and in part to bust balls. I predicted Yianni would win with ease. I was wrong. There was no betting around that. I sensed an opportunity when LemonPie, who posts here often enough as to not be a completely random guy to me, started talking about TDs. He didn't take me up on it, so I sweetened the odds and still no go. His loss this time, because the last offer I made ended up being wrong too. None of that was about winning arguments. How do you even argue about predictions? A prediction is an opinion, not some fact you can back up with research, you dolt.

There is a relatively frequent poster on here who did accept one of my bets (and as a result, is the only one who knows my identity, or at least my Bitcoin wallet address), and a less frequent poster who accepted as well. I won one and lost the other. Unfortunately, the one I lost was for four times the amount of the one I won. It doesn't happen often, I grant you that, but it's not never either.

And thanks for informing me what this site is for. Is it also for aholes like you to insert themselves into conversations they had absolutely nothing to do with in the first place, with no skin in the game, and then lecture people on made-up premises that aren't even part of the conversation to begin with? Pray tell.

Edited by wrestlingnerd