• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#41 wrestlingnerd

wrestlingnerd

Gold Member

• Members
  • 7,741 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 06:38 AM

Talking crap? Didn't I just give "your guy" props for fighting until the end? 

The outcome of the match surprised me but how it went down didn't. Yianni lost that match more than Eierman won it. He had him beat with 30 seconds left. Eierman didn't even touch Yianni's leg once off his own shot. Why would Yianni take a shot with 12 seconds left?? Poor decision.

#42 wrestlingnerd

wrestlingnerd

Gold Member

• Members
  • 7,741 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 06:39 AM

Or he won't.  Eierman has a way of making guys look strategically bad.  

Did you see the match? Do you objectively think that was good match management by Yianni in the final 30 seconds?

Maybe he won't beat him next time, but Yianni gave that match away. Worst case, take a stall and take it to OT.

#43 boconnell

boconnell

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,191 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 06:41 AM

Talking crap? Didn't I just give "your guy" props for fighting until the end? 

The outcome of the match surprised me but how it went down didn't. Yianni lost that match more than Eierman won it. He had him beat with 30 seconds left. Eierman didn't even touch Yianni's leg once off his own shot. Why would Yianni take a shot with 12 seconds left?? Poor decision.

Get out of here with that.  You claim you're not surprised with how it went down an hour after you said it wouldn't be close.  You ran around the thread proposing $1000 bets with anyone who said it would be close.  Just be wrong and move on from it. 

As for the match, when does Eierman ever touch a leg off his own shot?  He is dangerous from everywhere and Yianni paid for forgetting that.  There is a decent chance he forgets it again at some point in the next 7 minutes they wrestle.  

#44 KCMO2

KCMO2

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,566 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 06:42 AM

Saying that Yianni will win the next time when it matters downplays this loss, and IS talking crap after you just said this match wouldn't even be close.

Edited by KCMO2, 30 December 2017 - 06:44 AM.

#45 wrestlingnerd

wrestlingnerd

Gold Member

• Members
  • 7,741 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 06:43 AM

Get out of here with that.  You claim you're not surprised with how it went down an hour after you said it wouldn't be close.  You ran around the thread proposing $1000 bets with anyone who said it would be close.  Just be wrong and move on from it. 

I specifically said I'd go TDs on the bet. I never bet on the outcome. Learn to read.

When does Eierman touch a leg off his own shot? Have you even seen him wrestle? He shoots and scores plenty of times, including against Yianni.

#46 boconnell

boconnell

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,191 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 06:45 AM

Did you see the match? Do you objectively think that was good match management by Yianni in the final 30 seconds?

Maybe he won't beat him next time, but Yianni gave that match away. Worst case, take a stall and take it to OT.

Great wrestlers have a hard time with accepting they can't beat someone in a position.  It leads guys to engaging places they shouldn't.  Nobody in the country should scramble with Eierman for two reasons.  1) because he is awesome there, and 2) because he isn't that great if you engage him elsewhere.  And yet guys repeatedly engage him there when they shouldn't.  He is good at getting guys to wrestle him in places that are advantageous to him.  He often makes guys look tactically bad.  Maybe Yianni learns from this and bellies out and gives up the TD, or maybe he thinks he is good enough to wrestle through the position and ends up on his back again.  

#47 wrestlingnerd

wrestlingnerd

Gold Member

• Members
  • 7,741 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 06:46 AM

Saying that Yianni will win when it matters downplays this loss, and is taking crap after you just said this match wouldn't even be close.

It's not a rooting statement at all. I firmly believe it. He got to Eierman's legs fairly easily. It's a credit to Eierman that he only got scored on once. I also thought Eierman would be able to ride him, but he didn't even come close. Eierman deserves kudos for staying in there and fighting until the end, but what happens in a match where Yianni backs off more and wrestles more intelligently? Do you honestly think it's that hard to see the adjustment that needs to be made?

This match confirmed one thing. Eierman is very dangerous. It didn't show me he's better than Yianni in any position, though, so I do think he'll take the next one if they even meet up.

#48 boconnell

boconnell

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,191 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 06:47 AM

I specifically said I'd go TDs on the bet. I never bet on the outcome. Learn to read.

When does Eierman touch a leg off his own shot? Have you even seen him wrestle? He shoots and scores plenty of times, including against Yianni.

You said not close and a single poster disagreed and said close and you said not a major.  He pointed out it's been close before and you started throwing around $1000 bets.  If you don't see how obnoxious that is there is no point in continuing to talk about it.  

#49 rstrong

rstrong

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 06:47 AM

"If-only-my-wrestler-who-lost-had-wrestled-better-then-he-would-have-won"

Classic

"Logic"

#50 madcat11

madcat11

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,237 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 06:49 AM

I’m eating my bowl of crow

#51 wrestlingnerd

wrestlingnerd

Gold Member

• Members
  • 7,741 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 06:49 AM

You said not close and a single poster disagreed and said close and you said not a major.  He pointed out it's been close before and you started throwing around $1000 bets.  If you don't see how obnoxious that is there is no point in continuing to talk about it.  

The bets were about TDs. The match ended 1-1 in TDs, with Eierman's coming off a huge Yianni mistake in the final 12 seconds. I don't think the bet was obnoxious at all and I'd even double the stakes next time. 

As for the prediction, it was wrong. No shame in that and I congratulated Eierman on a good fight. 

#52 madcat11

madcat11

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,237 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 06:50 AM

My feed cut out, what actually happened?

#53 KCMO2

KCMO2

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,566 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 06:51 AM

It's not a rooting statement at all. I firmly believe it. He got to Eierman's legs fairly easily. It's a credit to Eierman that he only got scored on once. I also thought Eierman would be able to ride him, but he didn't even come close. Eierman deserves kudos for staying in there and fighting until the end, but what happens in a match where Yianni backs off more and wrestles more intelligently? Do you honestly think it's that hard to see the adjustment that needs to be made?

This match confirmed one thing. Eierman is very dangerous. It didn't show me he's better than Yianni in any position, though, so I do think he'll take the next one if they even meet up.

Fair enough. Next time Eierman should take neutral though, where I believe he is better.  He's taken down Meredith and taken down and backed Yianni.  

#54 wrestlingnerd

wrestlingnerd

Gold Member

• Members
  • 7,741 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 06:51 AM

My feed cut out, what actually happened?

Defensive cradle to turn for the win in the final seconds of the match.

#55 TBar1977

TBar1977

Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • 12,712 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 06:52 AM

I'll bet you even money $10k per TD, I've got Yianni TDs, you've got Eierman TDs.

Will you take the bet if I spot you one TD then?

I had someone take me up on a $1k bet actually.

After today's result you should Venmo  $1K to Wrestling for Life. 

Penn State - NCAA Champions 7 of the last 8 Years

#56 wrestlingnerd

wrestlingnerd

Gold Member

• Members
  • 7,741 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 06:54 AM

Fair enough. Next time Eierman should take neutral though, where I believe he is better.  He's taken down Meredith and taken down and backed Yianni.  

I disagree. Yianni very nearly got himself reversed by being too stubborn with the ride, if you can even call it that. If you watched the match, you'll know what I mean. Yianni mat returned him half a dozen times and gave up a stall call (hanging on to leg for 5 seconds) to get his riding time. The right move is to go down again.

#57 wrestlingnerd

wrestlingnerd

Gold Member

• Members
  • 7,741 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 06:54 AM

After today's result you should Venmo  $1K to Wrestling for Life. 

He never accepted the bet. And it was $10k, not $1k.

Edited by wrestlingnerd, 30 December 2017 - 06:55 AM.

#58 KCMO2

KCMO2

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,566 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 06:56 AM

Like you would really pay a $10,000 internet bet.

#59 LemonPie

LemonPie

Gold Member

• Members
  • 5,198 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 06:57 AM

True, because if I took it and lost, you'd have to send someone down to break my legs. #brokeass

Anyone but Heil '18

http://contenttolosebythree.com

#60 boconnell

boconnell

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,191 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 07:00 AM

Anyone who is expects someone to actually pay up on an anonymous internet bet is dumber than the person who makes anonymous internet bets.  If you have the kind of money to randomly throw around $10K then go spend it in places where that kind of money spends.  Don't use it to give weight to your anonymous internet argument.  State your argument with facts instead of imaginary dollars and bluster.  

Or be a real grownup and if someone doesn't agree with your wrestling opinion just tell them that your dad can beat up their dad.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users