Sign in to follow this  
NJDan

Yianni and Lee: Fall of the Invincible World Champion Freshmen

I haven't seen Eierman v Yianni but it's not a shock that Eierman won.  Yianni is still figuring out how good he is.  Eierman brings a great bag of tricks and he's really good with them.  Tough kid and a lot of fun to watch.  Eierman v Yianni could be the next great collegiate rivalry with each match being a classic.  

It was 4-3 in the 3rd when Eierman cut him.  It's not like Yianni was dominating a lesser opponent.

5-3 in the 3rd and in on a shot sounds controlling to me.    I haven't seen anyone use the term "dominating" to describe this bout other than here just now by you.     

Yeah, because the guy who takes the shot is the one who's going to score, right?   

Lol

Controlling the bout doesn't tell us how it's going to end up, it's merely describing the current state of the bout.   It is different than dominating and it is different than being controlled.    It does not mean it is a lesser opponent and it does not mean he who shoots will convert.   

You're not usually this insecure with my posts.     Not sure what changed, the year maybe?   

Yianni was in control of the bout and he had the advantage of tactics at his disposal.        The bout was winding down and I am far more surprised he lost than Lee having lost.    I hope you had a great new year and I hope my comments wont adversely affect you so much going forward.      I am completely ok with you having the exact opposite view that I do.    I don't mind that.    In fact, if you want, tell everyone it was a 1 point bout if it makes you feel better.     Just don't give me so much control.  Jeez, I feel like I'm baby sitting my great grandchildren some times with the inferiority and insecurity complexes on this board.   

Does Eierman beating Yianni even qualify as a surprise?? Eierman is absolutely on his level in folkstyle, and even in freestyle, which is not Eierman's best style by a mile, they are 1 and 1 (albeit, a very dominating 1 and a controversial 1 -- don't be offended KCMO, it's true!). 

That said, you would have to be an Eierman (not an Eierman fan, but an actual Eierman) to not admit that the WAY Eierman beat Yianni was a surprise. Yianni had the match won and sht the bed in the last 12 seconds, there's no two ways about it. Eierman should get all the credit in the world, but if you're up by 3 (riding time was locked), only a true true freshman (as opposed to a "true" freshman, Bigtenfanboy) shoots right into a cradle against a monster like Eierman.

Lol

Controlling the bout doesn't tell us how it's going to end up, it's merely describing the current state of the bout.   It is different than dominating and it is different than being controlled.    It does not mean it is a lesser opponent and it does not mean he who shoots will convert.   

You're not usually this insecure with my posts.     Not sure what changed, the year maybe?   

Yianni was in control of the bout and he had the advantage of tactics at his disposal.        The bout was winding down and I am far more surprised he lost than Lee having lost.    I hope you had a great new year and I hope my comments wont adversely affect you so much going forward.      I am completely ok with you having the exact opposite view that I do.    I don't mind that.    In fact, if you want, tell everyone it was a 1 point bout if it makes you feel better.     Just don't give me so much control.  Jeez, I feel like I'm baby sitting my great grandchildren some times with the inferiority and insecurity complexes on this board.   

Ok chief