Sign in to follow this  
WrestlingFan89

Shakur Rasheed

I do not know his personal situation at all, but I think its more than just wrestling for Rasheed. Were talking about a Business Degree from Penn State. The number of doors that can provide this young man for future is unlimited.  

I do not know his personal situation at all, but I think its more than just wrestling for Rasheed. Were talking about a Business Degree from Penn State. The number of doors that can provide this young man for future is unlimited.

Unlimited?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

"Go wrestle". I don't think most kids have a good handle what there getting into.I agree though not Sanderson fault.

Cj great point great degree , life long association with psu

Season not over to win spot or injuries from 174 to 197 next year as well.

I think his tank looks good.he stays health he is very good.

Would he start over Cassar if that happened?

I don’t have anything against Cassar, but I am a big Rasheed fan and predicted he would start for PSU at 174 last year (obviously prior to Hall’s shirt being removed).

i don't see why he shouldn't, felt he was on good track to being the guy at 174 last year till his injury sidelined him and then obviously Hall was just the best option moving forward

Rasheed has beaten three guys in Flo's top 20 alone in this tournament and handily:  #11 (Williams, 41 second pin) #14 (Boykin, 27 second pin) and #18 (Seely, 12-2 major)  He's got #17 (Holschlag) in the finals.   I would say that four top twenty wins in a row should not only earn him strong consideration for Outstanding Wrestler of the tournament but also a likely starting spot for the next couple of duals against Michigan (#12 Beazley) and Michigan St.   It would give Cael and early and good look at what he is capable of, especially in terms of possible bonus points at NCAAs.

Coming into today, I was hoping to see a final between Cassar and Tupac. Bummed it didn’t come to fruition.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by lu_alum

Truthfully, the strongest line up Penn State can put together would be if Bo went to 97 and Shakur slid in at 84. I've been high on Shakur's potential since his freshman year. I think he has tremendous upside. 

I don't know about that. Rasheed looks pretty salty at 197. 

I don't know about that. Rasheed looks pretty salty at 197. 

He does but I doubt he's sucking weight at all right now. I'd love to find out where he weighed in. I'd bet he's sub-195. 

He does but I doubt he's sucking weight at all right now. I'd love to find out where he weighed in. I'd bet he's sub-195. 

Yeah, but he still looks skinny. Any weight class below he'd look even skinnier. 

Yeah, but he still looks skinny. Any weight class below he'd look even skinnier. 

Looking at him on the podium next to Cassar, he clearly has a bigger frame. His shoulders are considerably bigger. I think his length would be even more deadly at 184 and I don't think he'd lose much with the drop. 

Looking at him on the podium next to Cassar, he clearly has a bigger frame. His shoulders are considerably bigger. I think his length would be even more deadly at 184 and I don't think he'd lose much with the drop.

Looks as though he may get the 97 spot. The chances of Bo going up are non existent. Edited by sgallan

Down a class or two he always looked half gassed out. 

Shakur should listen to Bryce Meredith. He was the first guy who came to mind when Meredith was talking about the value of smaller schools.

This... I’m sure this guy could shine at a mid major program. There are world class coaches at many of these schools and I imagine he would flourish with the extra attention.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk