Sign in to follow this  
WrestlingFan89

Shakur Rasheed

Bo would rattle the wrestling world if he went up.

I think he'd get hammered. He already looks skinny as hell out there, imo. On the other hand he doesn't seem to lack power at 184. Maybe he'd do alright, but I can't see Nickal dominating the competition at 197.

Edited by TobusRex

I think he'd get hammered. He already looks skinny as hell out there, imo.

Complete sidetrack, but I’ll indulge. I would be more confident picking Bo Nickal to win 197 than 184 right now the way Myles Martin is looking so far.

I wonder how Myles does against Moore in the room.

Myles Martin going be tough match.

Loved the fact Nickal was rooting on Cassar and Rasheed.

Tweet. By Chris Pyle showing Cael hold his head when Shak pinned in semis was weird. On Twitter. Was almost like now I have a 197 lb issue. Have to watch it.

Edited by cangemi

Complete sidetrack, but I’ll indulge. I would be more confident picking Bo Nickal to win 197 than 184 right now the way Myles Martin is looking so far.

I wonder how Myles does against Moore in the room.

Guess I edited my post while you were responding. Bo would probably do alright, but he'd have a harder time getting bonus points against the bigger/stronger guys. But wouldn't surprise me if one of those bigger guys didn't do bad things to Bo on the mat, either. "Hammered" is probably way too strong a word though :D

You may have a point on it being easier to win 197 than 184.

I see the Brentwood wrestlers at Nationals every other year . old timers.

From 70s and 80s.

Coach Campo was a great coach. Brentwood was one best in country in 70s

coach campo is a legend may he RIP. Brentwood was sending a lot of guys to D1 schools back in those days specifically Iowa State. Was lucky enough to be in attendance the night the gym was named after him.

Iowa state had from long island

Brentwood

Galea

Antonnocci

Carl Adams

Bay shore

Porcelli

Huntington

Charlie Gaddon

Wilie Gaddon

Mike Picozzi ( Shakur high school coach )

Pretty cool all few years apart

All same county tournament Suffolk.

Nassau probably some?

Edited by cangemi

Brentwood

Galea

Antonnocci

Carl Adams

Bay shore

Porcelli

Huntington

Charlie Gaddon

Wilie Gaddon

Nassau probably some?

interesting thing about Galea he was actually a walk on. His first tournament he wrestled the guy who they had recruited over him in the finals i believe and he pinned him Pretty quickly with his signature cradle.

interesting thing about Galea he was actually a walk on. His first tournament he wrestled the guy who they had recruited over him in the finals i believe and he pinned him Pretty quickly with his signature cradle.

Brentwood

Galea

Antonnocci

Carl Adams

Bay shore

Porcelli

Huntington

Charlie Gaddon

Wilie Gaddon

Nassau probably some?

Who were the wrestlers from Huntington in the late 70's who endured a family fire and I believe they were seriously injured.  I know this sounds random but I know the kid turned out to be a NYS Champ , I believe.  However, I figure you NY guys would know who that was?

Who were the wrestlers from Huntington in the late 70's who endured a family fire and I believe they were seriously injured. I know this sounds random but I know the kid turned out to be a NYS Champ , I believe. However, I figure you NY guys would know who that was?

I’m pretty young myself so anything earlier than the mid 90’s is a little past my jurisdiction i know the Brentwood guys stories well because I’ve gotten to know the older guys over the years when they came back for an event or just to give back and also because of my dad i can try to find out exactly who those guys are just gonna need a little time unless of course Cangemi or someone else knows of course.

Who were the wrestlers from Huntington in the late 70's who endured a family fire and I believe they were seriously injured.  I know this sounds random but I know the kid turned out to be a NYS Champ , I believe.  However, I figure you NY guys would know who that was?

The Thomas family. They were working for their coach at his mat reconditioning business when the fire broke out. Mike got it the worst but came back to win the NYS title his senior year. His older brother Jeff was a 2x state champ who was an AA for Michigan State. Scott was the youngest of the brothers. Also, the last name for Willie and Charlie is Gadson, not Gaddon. Willie's son Kyven won an NCAA tile and is now number two in freestyle behind Kyle Snyder at 213 lbs.

Edited by MikePorcelli