pish6969

Ryan seed protecting

Tom Ryan "In college wrestling, there are no consequence for duals."

Cael Sanderson "Just say no to National Duals" blog post.

Ryan is just beating Cael at his own game.  Nothing matters but getting the best seeding for the NCAA's.

You mean Ryan is beat Goodale at Cael's game?

I’ve never seen any of those sports restrict people due to competition. That’s the point. I’m a Mets fan. If Noah Syndergaard is on a pitch limit, they don’t care if it’s against the Yankees or Marlins. Same goes for every other sport you mentioned

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unfortunately, there's no option to wrestle the first 4 minutes and tag a teammate in to finish out the match.  I'm sure you understand that there is a significant difference between a match with Brandon Cray, and a 7 minute brawl with Suriano.  

Unfortunately, there's no option to wrestle the first 4 minutes and tag a teammate in to finish out the match. I'm sure you understand that there is a significant difference between a match with Brandon Cray, and a 7 minute brawl with Suriano.

So you admit he’s sitting due to competition not injury. That’s my whole point. You think that’s ok, I don’t.

You brought up the other sports analogy and they don’t work so now your on to something else.

If NATO's knee is injured to the point that he will risk further injury against Suriano, then putting him out on the mat against the Maryland wrestler with the knee in the same condition is not looking out for NATO's best interest, health-wise.

Let’s imagine a scenario where someone is coming back from a serious shoulder injury and he’s close, but not 100%. Let’s say his team is wrestling Maryland on Friday and then he’s set to face Logan Stieber Sunday in this fantasy scenario. Obviously the smart thing to do would be send him out for both, right. Shoulder won’t know the difference, right?

But that's the opposite of ducking for seeding purposes. You can only improve by beating Suriano, instead he sits out.

I’m with you. I don’t think he’s ducking for seeding. I think he’s easing the knee back into live competition. I’m just pointing out that if Nato beats Suriano (hypothetical point now that he isn’t even wrestling him) and runs the table, he’d likely be seeded over Suriano. Heads up result has the heaviest weighting possible in the seeding formula. I’m not saying they even use that same formula for B1Gs, but I think they try to approximate it.

I’ve never seen any of those sports restrict people due to competition. That’s the point. I’m a Mets fan. If Noah Syndergaard is on a pitch limit, they don’t care if it’s against the Yankees or Marlins. Same goes for every other sport you mentioned

I love that you think this analogy works for wrestling different opponents.

Let’s imagine a scenario where someone is coming back from a serious shoulder injury and he’s close, but not 100%. Let’s say his team is wrestling Maryland on Friday and then he’s set to face Logan Stieber Sunday in this fantasy scenario. Obviously the smart thing to do would be send him out for both, right. Shoulder won’t know the difference, right?

There is no way he would be cleared medically to compete against certain competitors, but not others.  If he could further injure his shoulder in competition, he wouldn't be cleared.

Regarding BoJo he missed a lot of matches last year and for good reason (that reason wasn’t a secret btw and wasn’t his kids) yet certain fans screamed seed protection. Did you notice how Ryan came into the season raving about how healthy BoJo is and he’s wrestled 99% of his matches so far this season? Nate is coming back from an injury that sidelined him the entire first semester you can’t find me a coach who would put their wrestler in that situation he would face Sunday as someone noted Iowa sat Clark against Tomasello last year and i don’t remember too much whining about it and it actually was the right call.

A couple points here. Bojo had a toe injury. If it was ok to wrestle Rutgers 2 days later he could have wrestled Hall 2 days prior.

Cory Clark had a nasty shoulder injury that was not going to get better (it could only get worse) until he had surgery. so that’s why no one cried when he sat against NATO.

If Bojo was the 1 seed this year, I doubt he would have wrestled Zahid this year (that pure speculation on my part but that’s what I truly believe when it comes to Ryan)

If you’re telling me NATOs knee is fragile and has no chance to get better without another surgery then I concede this isn’t a typical Ryan duck job and I will take all my comments back. I don’t believe that’s the case. NATO already had surgery, so he’s already healed enough to wrestle or he isn’t.

If you are saying NATO is ready to go then there’s no reason he shouldn’t wrestle Suriano. If it’s a weight issue then have him sit against Maryland so he has only one weigh in

There is no way he would be cleared medically to compete against certain competitors, but not others. If he could further injure his shoulder in competition, he wouldn't be cleared.

Exactly

There is no way he would be cleared medically to compete against certain competitors, but not others. If he could further injure his shoulder in competition, he wouldn't be cleared.

Hes “medically cleared,” (whatever that is). You going to send him out against stieber? Edited by madcat11

It could be that they are just being safe in regards to his tanning. You do not sit in the sun all day on Day 1. You have to ease into it. :)

“Indoor tanning offers a predictable tanning environment controlled by timers that ensure the accuracy of your tanning session.” 

“You can achieve a beautiful year-round tan in the comfortable setting of our tanning salon.” â€œOur staff will evaluate your tanning potential using a skin typing chart that determines the most productive tanning session available.” 
“Achieve that beautiful golden tan at our salon rain or shine.” 

Edited by Greatdane67

I don’t have a beef with Ryan.

But there should be ranking and seeding consequences. Can’t sit out so much of the season and avoid tough competition and then maintain both ranking and seed. Makes a joke of the season.

He returns but avoids another high caliber wrestler — I would treat as a de facto loss for ranking purposes.

To be a little more specific regarding BoJo... he had a mass/growth on the top portion of his foot that he's attempted to remove multiple times before up to last season.

With any weight put upon it, it applied pressure directly upon a nerve on his foot which caused excruciating pain. Nothing could be done in season to help alleviate anything so BoJo literally wrestled the least amount of times he could to stay tourney eligible and to try and stay in the best condition he could.

This guy literally didn't practice all season and took 3rd at NCAA's, and beat Mark Hall to become Big Ten champ. (Some say should have been twice).

The people who say BoJo, or anyone for that matter, dealing with an injury is doing anything other than gutting out pain they wouldn't endure in their wildest dreams with a personal issue that's none of their business should be ashamed of themselves.

You have NO IDEA what these athletes push their limits to...so stop pretending like you do. All your doing is embarrassing yourself with your own ignorance.

Edited by Aviator12

To be a little more specific regarding BoJo... he had a mass/growth on the top portion of his foot that he's attempted to remove multiple times before up to last season.

With any weight put upon it, it applied pressure directly upon a nerve on his foot which caused excruciating pain. Nothing could be done in season to help alleviate anything so BoJo literally wrestled the least amount of times he could to stay tourney eligible and to try and stay in the best condition he could.

This guy literally didn't practice all season and took 3rd at NCAA's, and beat Mark Hall to become NCAA champ. (Some say should have been twice).

The people who say BoJo, or anyone for that matter, dealing with an injury is doing anything other than gutting out pain they wouldn't endure in their wildest dreams with a personal issue that's none of their business should be ashamed of themselves.

You have NO IDEA what these athletes push their limits to...so stop pretending like you do. All your doing is embarrassing yourself with your own ignorance.

A couple points here. Bojo had a toe injury. If it was ok to wrestle Rutgers 2 days later he could have wrestled Hall 2 days prior.

Cory Clark had a nasty shoulder injury that was not going to get better (it could only get worse) until he had surgery. so that’s why no one cried when he sat against NATO.

If Bojo was the 1 seed this year, I doubt he would have wrestled Zahid this year (that pure speculation on my part but that’s what I truly believe when it comes to Ryan)

If you’re telling me NATOs knee is fragile and has no chance to get better without another surgery then I concede this isn’t a typical Ryan duck job and I will take all my comments back. I don’t believe that’s the case. NATO already had surgery, so he’s already healed enough to wrestle or he isn’t.

If you are saying NATO is ready to go then there’s no reason he shouldn’t wrestle Suriano. If it’s a weight issue then have him sit against Maryland so he has only one weigh in

Learn how to quote properly. That mess you just wrote makes it look like I posted it.

Don’t be a fool. I’m not calling out ANY of the wrestlers or how hard they work. I’m calling out the coach. He’s the one that decides who wrestles and when.

If Bojo was hurt, then don’t wrestle until it’s better. But don’t pick and choose opponents. That’s not a knock on Bojo, it’s a knock on coach

He’s doing same thing with NATO.

I don’t think you know much about Turf toe if you think someone can always be good to go if they’re competing . i’ve known Ryan dating back to his Hofstra days and I’m sure there are other fans in Ohio here who know him to who will dispute your speculation on the type of coach he is. I’m pretty sure NaTo is not 100% which would warrant him sitting against a guy like Suriano i do believe however he’s ready enough to start getting competition in with guys like Brandon Cray seeing as there’s 3 months left. If i remember Correctly Cory Clark wrestled in the 2 duals before tOSU and then sat so like i said the situations are not that different and again both look like the right calls Edited by NYWRESTLER94

Learn how to quote properly. That mess you just wrote makes it look like I posted it.

Don’t be a fool. I’m not calling out ANY of the wrestlers or how hard they work. I’m calling out the coach. He’s the one that decides who wrestles and when.

If Bojo was hurt, then don’t wrestle until it’s better. But don’t pick and choose opponents. That’s not a knock on Bojo, it’s a knock on coach

He’s doing same thing with NATO.

BoJo already used a redshirt, so he shouldn't have wrestled with limits and become Big Ten champ and take 3rd at nationals because...you say so? Tremendous logic.

If you try reading comprehension ever...you would have seen BoJo dealt with a foot condition that wasn't getting better last year he had to deal with the pain, or not wrestle at all. I think he made the right decisions. And you still are a moron.

I don’t think you know much about Turf toe if you think someone can be good to go one day and not the next or vice versa. i’ve known Ryan dating back to his Hofstra days and I’m sure there are other fans in Ohio here who know him to who will dispute your speculation on the type of coach he is. I’m pretty sure NaTo is not 100% which would warrant him sitting against a guy like Suriano i do believe however he’s ready enough to start getting competition in with guys like Brandon Cray seeing as there’s 3 months left. If i remember Correctly Cory Clark wrestled in the 2 duals before tOSU and then sat so like i said the situations are not that different and again both look like the right calls

I’ve had turf toe. It ALWAYS hurts until it’s gone. My point was it hurt against Rutgers as much as it would have 2 days prior.

Ryan is a great recruiter, good coach, seems like a great person.

I just can’t stand his stances on duals and his picking and choosing of opponents.

Clark was different. He had a shoulder that was about to fall off and needed surgery to fix it. He was a senior so he needed to pick and choose opponents to try to reach his goals. NATO already had the surgery. So at this point it’s about recovery time not picking and choosing who you wrestle.

If I’m a tOSU fan, I don’t want to see NATO wrestle until he’s 100%. If he’s never 100% than send him into BiGs and let him do his thing and try to reach his goals.

I’ve spoken too much on this topic so I’m bowing out after this post. People will form their own opinions

Happens all the time in baseball - when a player is medically cleared but just back from a major injury they do a stint in the minors first.  They give them lesser competition first intentionally instead of having them go against the best right out of the gate.