Sign in to follow this  
Gantry

Oklahoma State vs NC State in Italy

Sorry to be a buzzkill but this is so boring for the most part.  Anyone who thinks riding (esp. parallel) is good for wrestling just has their head up their butt.  If you can't score on top, the action needs to be stopped with both wrestlers put back to neutral.  

Sorry to be a buzzkill but this is so boring for the most part.  Anyone who thinks riding (esp. parallel) is good for wrestling just has their head up their butt.  If you can't score on top, the action needs to be stopped with both wrestlers put back to neutral.  

We need to start calling stalling on the top man.  It takes a LOT for the refs to call it.

We need to start calling stalling on the top man.  It takes a LOT for the refs to call it.

"We need to start calling stalling" is never a solution to anything.  People have been saying that for my entire life, you can't fix anything with stalling.  You need more concrete rules in lieu of a stall call.

"We need to start calling stalling" is never a solution to anything.  People have been saying that for my entire life, you can't fix anything with stalling.  You need more concrete rules in lieu of a stall call.

Eh.  I disagree in this case.  I'm a proponent of the Freestyle pushout, but one of the differentiators for American Folkstyle is the top wrestling is very different, and I like that....as long as the wrestlers are actually wrestling.  Stalling is the only way to really force that.

Eh.  I disagree in this case.  I'm a proponent of the Freestyle pushout, but one of the differentiators for American Folkstyle is the top wrestling is very different, and I like that....as long as the wrestlers are actually wrestling.  Stalling is the only way to really force that.

Getting rid of the RT point (or at least unless you get backs) is a better solution. 

I'm with that, I've been calling for that for years; however, that doesn't really force them to wrestle so much as it removes most of the reward for stalling.

There's no great answer unfortunately, but that's a better start.  Whenever you have stall calls or no stall calls dictating a match bad things happen.  Start with less incentive to stall.