Posted 14 January 2018 - 02:33 PM

Ok you wrote a post for no reason....

#242 de4856

de4856

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 03:07 PM

I wonder if after all this time Heil is getting a little worn down. He's been at this for a long time and I wonder if the weight cutting and the grind, is the reason why he isn't looking like the dominant wrestler that we all know.

#243 hammerlockthree

hammerlockthree

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,369 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 03:10 PM

he was never dominant, so no

#244 TBar1977

TBar1977

Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • 12,417 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 03:37 PM

Ok you wrote a post for no reason....

I wrote it because what they said and how they said if, and seeing minny with 2 team points at the time, I assumed to be true and it made me laugh out loud.

Penn State - NCAA Champions 7 of the last 8 Years

#245 LemonPie

LemonPie

Gold Member

• Members
  • 5,138 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 03:43 PM

Odds that Keegan Moore is on the team next year?

Edited by LemonPie, 14 January 2018 - 03:45 PM.

Anyone but Heil '18

http://contenttolosebythree.com

#246 hammerlockthree

hammerlockthree

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,369 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 03:45 PM

the reason people assume you(tbar) and BTFB are the same person is that you both will say increasingly dumb things to back up previous dumb statement.

#247 BigTenFanboy

BigTenFanboy

Gold Member

• Members
  • 4,765 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 03:51 PM

the reason people assume you(tbar) and BTFB are the same person is that you both will say increasingly dumb things to back up previous dumb statement.

You seem extra angry tonight. Did someone pee in your cheerios this morning?

#248 hammerlockthree

hammerlockthree

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,369 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 03:54 PM

just tell me when i'm wrong

#249 BigTenFanboy

BigTenFanboy

Gold Member

• Members
  • 4,765 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 03:54 PM

just tell me when i'm wrong

All night.

#250 Mpchillin

Mpchillin

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 04:02 PM

All night.

Am I allowed to agree with you?
  • BigTenFanboy likes this

#251 BigTenFanboy

BigTenFanboy

Gold Member

• Members
  • 4,765 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 04:09 PM

Am I allowed to agree with you?

The more the merrier! Welcome to the winning side!

#252 TobusRex

TobusRex

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,557 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 06:41 PM

Big time fluke. OSU would've shut Iowa out 9/10 times. This was just the other 1/10.

• Plasmodium likes this

#253 TBar1977

TBar1977

Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • 12,417 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 01:25 AM

And the reason people assume you are a troll and an ass is because you act like a troll and an ass.

Penn State - NCAA Champions 7 of the last 8 Years

#254 LemonPie

LemonPie

Gold Member

• Members
  • 5,138 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 04:21 AM

Edited by LemonPie, 15 January 2018 - 04:24 AM.

Anyone but Heil '18

http://contenttolosebythree.com

#255 Perry

Perry

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,675 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 04:38 AM

Final thoughts on each match:

125 - Lee is good, but showed that he can tire out in the third and give up positioning. Brands needs to work with him on this - hopefully it's not the size difference playing a factor and can be addressed. Picc showed that he is game and can definitely get a win in over Lee in the future.

133 - Brock is good and this is one of Iowa's weakest weights. No real surprises here.

141 - Dean Heil is Dean Heil, love it or hate it. I don't think he wins it this year.

149 - Sorenson kept going and looking to score. It's a good look for him, I just wish he would employ that strategy more often. You have to be frustrated with Boo if you're John Smith. He quit and gave up extra team points. I imagine we may be seeing Martinez again soon.

157 - Kem is good, look forward to seeing him take on Micah Jordan here shortly. 

165 - The one match where no result would surprise me. Marinelli did a good job of staying out of Roger's stuff and was consistent with his leg attacks. He didn't score off of his own offense which is a little concerning, but he can hopefully work on that before March. For someone who gets to the legs so often you would think he would finish one shot. I really think he is going to struggle with Joseph and iMar.

174 - I admittedly don't remember anything exciting about this match. No comment.

184 - Feel bad that Downey is coming in to take this spot. Bowman really fought hard and looked like he belonged with a solid win over a top 20 opponent. He is only a Junior I think so hopefully he gets hit shot next season.

197 - About what was expected. Wilcke is a low tier AA IMO which is nothing to be ashamed of. Will still be scoring points for Iowa at NCAAs but he showed he is not a standout at the weight.

285 - OT antics were fun and Sam Stoll got it done. Clasping almost cost him big time, though.. gotta be quicker on that release.

Overall Iowa looked very game and Oklahoma State continues to look vulnerable this year. Hopefully they pick it up a bit more before NCAAs because they still have serious point scoring potential. I wasn't impressed with the ref refusing to call stalling with the OOB rules. Sometimes it was obvious the guy was trying to leave the circle to avoid giving up 2 (both teams were guilty of this) and still no call was made. Why have the rule if it is not going to be enforced or consistent among the officials. The NCAA needs to figure out what it wants to do here and address it because it's frustrating as an avid fan and almost impossible to explain to a casual observer. Great win for the Hawks. They look much better now than they did vs Illinois earlier this season.

#256 Witherman

Witherman

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 650 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 05:19 AM

Final thoughts on each match:

125 - Picc showed that he is game and can definitely get a win in over Lee in the future.

I wasn't impressed with the ref refusing to call stalling with the OOB rules. Sometimes it was obvious the guy was trying to leave the circle to avoid giving up 2 (both teams were guilty of this) and still no call was made. Why have the rule if it is not going to be enforced or consistent among the officials. The NCAA needs to figure out what it wants to do here and address it because it's frustrating as an avid fan and almost impossible to explain to a casual observer. 

two thoughts on yours -

first, did picc really show this?  if anything I took away that if spencer gets his gas tank figured out, he will tech picc in the second.

second, completely agree on the OOB rule (including some no-calls on my beloved hawks).  there were literally instances of people CRAWLING out of bounds.  hope they get it figured out by natty's.

#257 boconnell

boconnell

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,123 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 06:35 AM

two thoughts on yours -

first, did picc really show this?  if anything I took away that if spencer gets his gas tank figured out, he will tech picc in the second.

second, completely agree on the OOB rule (including some no-calls on my beloved hawks).  there were literally instances of people CRAWLING out of bounds.  hope they get it figured out by natty's.

I agree Lee will likely develop the gas tank as he goes, but you're nuts if you think he TFs Picc in the 2nd period next time.  He stops scoring 2 minutes into the match.  He did not gas in 2 minutes.  If you don't get overwhelmed early by Lee (and Fix is similar), then Lee isn't going to just pour it on good guys from neutral.  He will blitz guys he can tilt and wrestle close with top guys he can't tilt.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users