2td3nf

The 2018 Yarygin (Jan 26-28)

Would go but the Devil's Lake Volunteer Fire Dept Ice Fishing tournament is on the 27th.

I'll keep quiet and not let Kyle Snyder know as I think USA Wrestling would be pissed if he came out ice fishing instead of wrestling in Russia. Snyder would love the crowd of over 18,000.

Don't think Dake would come and I know Taylor would be scared if someone caught a Northern Pike so I'm sure he won't show.

Getting back to reality - why doesn't our whole team go? No better way to see how they are shaping up than a really tough tournament.

Edited by WillieBoy

While we're still speculating about USA's roster, would love to see J'den compete at Yarygin as well. Possible Sadulaev vs J'den at 92kg?

Don't get me wrong, I am a big fan of J'Den, but Sads..... just..... damn. 

sgallan, on 14 Jan 2018 - 3:53 PM, said:

Don't get me wrong, I am a big fan of J'Den, but Sads..... just..... damn. 

I know, but still, we were so close to seeing them match up in the Olympic finals.

And then 2017 Worlds, J'den was so close to facing Yazdani. Really wanted to see how J'den would have wrestled against the aggressive style and underhook of Yazdani.

Both would be fun match ups and hoping we'll finally get to see J'den vs Sadulaev. Sounds like Sadulaev will be entering. Will J'den make the trip to Krasnoyarsk?

Considering Snyder has managed to lose quite a bit outside of the world / Olympic Games I’d be prettt stoked if he won Yarygin convincingly. I’ve always felt his losing in the WC or other tournaments was a function of it being during the school year and folk season and a bit about peaking and wasn’t too worried. However should he trample the field it would signal he’s moved to an even higher plane which would be pretty damn cool.

I think the worlds and his last competition suggests he has already moved to that other plane. Albarov seems to be a guy who matches up, and the only one who seems to get him even a little tired, and he walked through him. Techs Batsiev.... walked through him. The one match in that dual tournament which he didn't win by tech against Salheni wasn't exactly close at 9-1.

I know, but still, we were so close to seeing them match up in the Olympic finals.

And then 2017 Worlds, J'den was so close to facing Yazdani. Really wanted to see how J'den would have wrestled against the aggressive style and underhook of Yazdani.

Both would be fun match ups and hoping we'll finally get to see J'den vs Sadulaev. Sounds like Sadulaev will be entering. Will J'den make the trip to Krasnoyarsk?

I think J'Den is still healing up. I would have liked to see him against Yazdani, I think he matches up pretty good style wise.

Edited by sgallan

Snyder has never lost "quite a bit". He has an unreal win â„….

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Since Snyder won worlds he has losses to:

Gatsalov 4-1        Medved

Bolt (Roids?) 3-0 Yarigan

Gazyomov 3-2    Germany Grand Prix

AZE guy 3-2        world cup

Varner 4-3          OTT

So he is like 50-5 Not bad but he has not lost this year and his last loss was in mid 2016 to Gaz and Varner. If he wrestled all those guys right now who avoids getting teched????

Edited by PRyan2012

Since Snyder won worlds he has losses to:

Gatsalov 4-1 Medved

Gazyomov 3-2 Germany Grand Prix

AZE guy 3-2 world cup

Varner 4-3 OTT

So he is like 50-5 Not bad but he has not lost this year and his last loss was in mid 2016 to Gaz and Varner. If he wrestled all those guys right now who avoids getting teched????

Alborov got beat 9-1 at worlds, we know what happened with Varner, Gats won't be avenged. Don't know about the other two but they'd be hard pressed not to get tech'd, Bolt juiced or not. Prep for Sudaev seems to have taken him to a different level. Edited by sgallan

Since Snyder won worlds he has losses to:

Gatsalov 4-1        Medved

Gazyomov 3-2    Germany Grand Prix

AZE guy 3-2        world cup

Varner 4-3          OTT

So he is like 50-5 Not bad but he has not lost this year and his last loss was in mid 2016 to Gaz and Varner. If he wrestled all those guys right now who avoids getting teched????

but Snyder won rematches lol. Yeah Sadulaev no loss too much like Snyder, but we should respect Snyder, 2x wolrd, olympic champ, USA doesn't make many wrestlers like AZE or Russia, need appreciate, wrestling no boxing, here all will loss, most hardest sport in the world ever, no like freak mma 

So it looks like Gatsalov will be the only loses not avenged. After I saw the Batysiev tech I was like dang, russias#1 guy just got handled like a high school kid. Snyder is wrestling like Gatsalov in his prime right now! Gatsalov rolled off 6 straight and 1 at heavyweight. Snyder I bet will go to heavy just for a challenge next year.  

So it looks like Gatsalov will be the only loses not avenged. After I saw the Batysiev tech I was like dang, russias#1 guy just got handled like a high school kid. Snyder is wrestling like Gatsalov in his prime right now! Gatsalov rolled off 6 straight and 1 at heavyweight. Snyder I bet will go to heavy just for a challenge next year.  

Maybe, but his visionquest is winning titles straight through until at least 2024. He is also aware of how that worked out for Sudalaev. Yeah, obviously he has shown he can compete with the heavies (like Gats did), but he isn't a heavy, his frame isn't that big, and is more prone to injuries, and a loss, up there. He will do what he wants, and obviously you can't count him out of anything, ever, I just doubt it is all.  

No he won’t. Bumping next year hurts the team. USA is trying to win worlds. Gwiz isn’t dropping. Neither is Gable (next year is possibly premature to include him)

Maybe towards the end of Snyder’s career this makes sense, but I highly doubt he does this now.