2td3nf

The 2018 Yarygin (Jan 26-28)

Russia and USA lineups, Sad at 92kg:

https://unitedworldwrestling.org/article/russia-and-usa-release-preliminary-yarygin-rosters

So Russia can't have any more entries or they just won't count for seeding purposes at worlds?  Seems like it'll be a small tourney with only 3 Russians per weight. 

Russia will have 5 at each weight at the Yarygin. It's a point earning tournament, so it should be limited to 3, but they got some sort of exemption. no idea how it worked but thats apparently what's happening. Russia is having another tournament to see who qualifies for the 2 or 3 open spots they have at each weight for the Yarygin. 

brackets will probably be smaller than in year's past due to fewer Russians but because you can earn seeding points so that should attract more foreigners than usual as well. sound be a good one. 

also the it will be a one day, not two day format, however still same day weigh ins. 

Wonderful. Looks like Russia is entering pretty much their A team.

Same thing, really don't want to see Bekbulatov vs Gogaev or Chakaev in the early rounds. Or Geduev vs Gadzhimagomedov, Makhov vs Khisriev, etc, etc.

Hope they mix up the countries in the brackets. On top of that, I would think that most all the Russian wrestlers would love a chance to wrestle and beat an American wrestler, especially at the infamous Yarygin.

And if an American (or another country) does win a weight class, what a nice tribute to Ivan Yarygin. Some of the best wrestlers in the world traveling to Siberia in January in honor of Ivan Yarygin.

Edited by 2td3nf

Go Team USA! Looking forward to seeing all our guys doing big things over there, especially Snyderman, who once again is throwing himself into the breech and taking on all comers. I am also excited to see that Cory Clark is competing. I hope he does well, and that he can become a force for Team USA at 61 Kg.

Can a kind soul lay out the expected times (US east coast would be great but I can convert) and date for this, if I choose to try to watch? In particular when would we expect the semi finals and finals to be shown?

Also, I believe someone posted that UWW will stream on their site — will we in the US have access? I feel like we haven’t always had access. Perhaps due to some other vendor limiting our viewing rights. Hoping not the case here.

Can a kind soul lay out the expected times (US east coast would be great but I can convert) and date for this, if I choose to try to watch? In particular when would we expect the semi finals and finals to be shown?

Also, I believe someone posted that UWW will stream on their site — will we in the US have access? I feel like we haven’t always had access. Perhaps due to some other vendor limiting our viewing rights. Hoping not the case here.

Krasnoyrask is 12 hours ahead of NYC time. The UWW stream has been very good the past few years. The schedule is posted below so looks like the finals are scheduled for about 6pm (6am NYC time).

08.00-13.00 Arrival of delegations

14.00-15.30 Referees clinic

15.30-16-30 Press conference with the Organizing Committee management and a

UWW representative, main referees body, team leaders and coaches

16.30-17.00 Drawing:

Women cat.: 50,55,59,65 kg, Men cat.: 57, 61,70 kg

January 26

Friday

08:00-09:00 Medical examination & weigh-in: Women cat.: 50,55,59,65 kg

Medical examination & weigh-in: Men cat.: 57,61,70 kg

11:00-18:00 Elimination and repechage rounds in weight categories:

Women cat.: 50,55,59,65 kg, Men cat.: 57,61,70 kg

17:00-17:30 Drawing:

Women cat.: 53,57,62,68 kg, Men cat.: 65,79,125 kg

18.00-18.45 Opening ceremony

18:45-21:00 Finals in weight categories:

Women cat.: 50,55,59,65 kg. Men cat.: 57,61,70 kg

January 27

Saturday

08:00-09:00 Medical examination & weigh-in: Women cat.: 53,57,62,68 kg

Medical examination & weigh-in: Men cat.: 65,79,125 kg

11:00-18:00 Elimination and repechage rounds in weight categories:

Women: 53,57,62,68 kg, Men: 65,79,125 kg

17:00-17:30 Drawing:

Women cat.: 72,76 kg, Men cat.: 74,86,92,97 kg

18:00-20:00 Finals in weight categories:

Women cat.: 53,57,62,68 kg. Men cat.: 65,79,125 kg

January 28

Sunday

08:00-09:00 Medical examination & weigh-in: Women cat.: 72,76 5 kg

Medical examination & weigh-in: Men cat.: 74,86,92,97 kg

11.00-18.00 Elimination and repechage rounds in weight categories:

Women: 72,76 kg, Men: 74,86,92,97 kg

18:00-20:00 Finals in weight categories:

Women cat.: 72,76 kg. Men cat.: 74,86,92,97 kg

January 29

Monday

Departure of delegations

9688 081217 1 day

I think Trackwrestling had some kind of agreement with UWW so that we couldn't see matches on UWW site.  I have no idea if that applies to this tournament.  Perhaps someone at USAW will know and can advise.

mspart

I think Trackwrestling had some kind of agreement with UWW so that we couldn't see matches on UWW site. I have no idea if that applies to this tournament. Perhaps someone at USAW will know and can advise.

mspart

If so, use remote VPN.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

https://unitedworldwrestling.org/article/russia-and-usa-release-preliminary-yarygin-rosters

Has US roster. Who is Joe Tavoso?? The only US 74kg entry.

Large US contingent overall.

That's interesting. He won NJ States 2015 and had been at Princeton although I don't see him in the OPC. His FB implies he's taking the semester/year off for an Ivy red shirt.

Is this Tavoso fello paying his own way or is USA wrestling paying for him?  I'm not quite getting the logic of him going.  No offense but it sounds like he is about #99 on our ladder.  Or is he a prodigy that I just haven't heard of?

Is this Tavoso fello paying his own way or is USA wrestling paying for him?  I'm not quite getting the logic of him going.  No offense but it sounds like he is about #99 on our ladder.  Or is he a prodigy that I just haven't heard of?

Guessing he paid for it. I believe he went over to Russia for a more substantial trip a few weeks ago.

Russia and USA lineups, Sad at 92kg:

So Russia can't have any more entries or they just won't count for seeding purposes at worlds?  Seems like it'll be a small tourney with only 3 Russians per weight. 

LOL 3 Russians in one weight class?? hell no, we have 5 wrestlers! look to my post Ivan Yarygin team trials 

Logan back up at 65kg. IMO, he looked great at 65 on his 2016 Olympic run and was right there for the Rio spot. And speaking of the Rio spot, pretty cool Frank Molinaro will be at 70 at the Yarygin.

Would love to see Logan wrestle Bekbulatov. Would be a great gauge as to where Logan is at 65 in the world.

With many of our guys showing up a few days before the competition - is this good or will the short time to get over jet lag and get used to the area hurt?

Would be nice for them to have a couple weeks in country to work out and get ready without the recent stress of travel.

Logan back up at 65kg. IMO, he looked great at 65 on his 2016 Olympic run and was right there for the Rio spot.

I kind of remember him gassing and holding on (or losing) late in some of his matches at OTTs.  Then again maybe he was trying to pack on weight since he was too small for 65 with night before weighins. 

Logan back up at 65kg. IMO, he looked great at 65 on his 2016 Olympic run and was right there for the Rio spot. And speaking of the Rio spot, pretty cool Frank Molinaro will be at 70 at the Yarygin.

Would love to see Logan wrestle Bekbulatov. Would be a great gauge as to where Logan is at 65 in the world.

I mostly think at 65 Logan is not competitive in the world. His arm bars have been scouted and he gives up too many points. Up a weight giving up a lead is hard to come back from. I think he got his world title and obviously a 4 time NCAA guy. But I think he has reached his ceiling.