• Please log in to reply
454 replies to this topic

#441 Gantry

Gantry

Gold Member

• Members
  • 4,976 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 03:29 AM

Looked to me like Taylor, while still bulked up, has gotten thinner and regained a lot of the speed he had when wrestling at 74 kg.

New weigh-in rules definitely helps DT - while he has definitely filled into the weight, he didn't need night before weighins to make this weight comfortably.  All those big cutters are at 92. 

#442 Ching

Ching

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 245 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 05:29 AM

Yes CT most of it leaves it how you interpet it, I cant figure it out ..and I used to officiate International styles in Fargo for several years.

Taylor looked good, but as with Dake, they now have some first hand "feels" Just as we have improved with the Russian style, they will be working on our unique style.

They need to post videos on the different scenarios to not only help us understand, bit also to make officiating consistent. A lot gets lost in translation from country to country.

The call was correct throw. It was not high amplitude because Zaseev's legs swung to the side instead of arching over the top (if it had it would have been 4, at least by last years rules). This was absolutely the correct call because he did not land in danger.

The reason it is confusing is because we've all seen this type of throw incorrectly called 4 in the past.

Here is the match:

https://vk.com/video...19469_456240544

Edited by Ching, 29 January 2018 - 05:29 AM.

Follow @_Homme

#443 dmm53

dmm53

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 05:52 AM

I saw a fair amount of folkstyle moves come into useful play for DT.  Partly body memory and instinct perhaps; partly strategic stuff that simply works and that international guys aren't so familiar with.

I like Steiber but after he won Worlds at 61 KG he hasn't had much success.  No setup on his shots, which are predictable and which he pulled off easily in college but not at this level.  Guys are ready for them and prepared to counter.  He got horsed around quite a bit at 65 KG, too.   Not sure where he goes from here.  The cut may be too much, but he looks better at 61 KG (even if he ran into some hammers last year in Paris).

#444 mspart

mspart

Gold Member

• Members
  • 5,980 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 06:29 AM

Folkstyle definitely helped DT.  You just don't see arm bars like he did in the semi's on the international stage.  So I would think he surprised Naifonov with that arm bar.  He used it for two exposures and then on to the back for the pin. 

mspart

#445 Housebuye

Housebuye

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,853 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 06:57 AM

What's with so many of the wrestlers not being able to go hard for the full time? The fake injury BS against Snyder in the final? The guy should hope his mother doesn't see it - she will think she raised a girl.

And girls aren’t tough, right?

Get your sexist bull**** out of here
  • jon likes this

#446 tbert

tbert

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,034 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 07:41 AM

The call was correct throw. It was not high amplitude because Zaseev's legs swung to the side instead of arching over the top (if it had it would have been 4, at least by last years rules). This was absolutely the correct call because he did not land in danger.

The reason it is confusing is because we've all seen this type of throw incorrectly called 4 in the past.

Here is the match:

https://vk.com/video-2661

I originally argued your same point.  Another poster said they changed the rules.  Here are the current rules.

2018 uww rulebook

https://unitedworldw...les_2018_2.pdf 

from page 29

Article 38

– Grand Amplitude Throw Any action or hold by a wrestler in the standing position that causes his opponent to lose all contact with the ground, controls him, makes him describe a broadly sweeping curve in the air, and brings him to the ground in a direct and immediate danger position shall be considered a “Grand Amplitude” throw.

In the "parterre" position, any complete lift from the ground executed by the attacking wrestler, whether the attacked wrestler lands in neutral position (4 points) or in a danger position (5 points), is also considered a grand amplitude throw.

from page 30

4 points

- To the wrestler performing a hold in a standing position, which brings his opponent into a danger position in a continuous et fluid manner.

- For any hold executed by raising a wrestler from the ground and bringing his opponent into a danger position, over a short amplitude, even if one or both of the attacking wrestler’s knees are on the ground.

- To the wrestler who executes a grand amplitude hold which does not place the opponent in a direct and immediate danger position.

MAGA!

#447 Ching

Ching

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 245 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 07:59 AM

I originally argued your same point.  Another poster said they changed the rules.  Here are the current rules.

2018 uww rulebook

https://unitedworldw...les_2018_2.pdf 

from page 29

Article 38

– Grand Amplitude Throw Any action or hold by a wrestler in the standing position that causes his opponent to lose all contact with the ground, controls him, makes him describe a broadly sweeping curve in the air, and brings him to the ground in a direct and immediate danger position shall be considered a “Grand Amplitude” throw.

In the "parterre" position, any complete lift from the ground executed by the attacking wrestler, whether the attacked wrestler lands in neutral position (4 points) or in a danger position (5 points), is also considered a grand amplitude throw.

from page 30

4 points

- To the wrestler performing a hold in a standing position, which brings his opponent into a danger position in a continuous et fluid manner.

- For any hold executed by raising a wrestler from the ground and bringing his opponent into a danger position, over a short amplitude, even if one or both of the attacking wrestler’s knees are on the ground.

- To the wrestler who executes a grand amplitude hold which does not place the opponent in a direct and immediate danger position.

I don't see how these are different than last year. Seem identical.

I don't consider Dake's throw to be grand amplitude (therefore doesn't satisfy the 4 point criteria). I suppose you could argue that it was, but then we are talking judgement call, not rule interpretation.

2 points

1. -  To the wrestler who overcomes and then controls his opponent by passing behind (three points of contact: two arms and one knee or two knees and one arm or head).

2. -  To the wrestler who applies a correct and complete throw that brings his opponent into a prone position or lateral position or a position with three points of contact. The defensive wrestler must lose control during the throw.

3. -  To the wrestler who executes a hold that places his opponent's back at an angle of less than 90 degrees, including when his opponent is on one or two outstretched arms.

4. -  To the attacking wrestler whose opponent rolls onto his shoulders.

5. -  To the wrestler who blocks his opponent in the execution of a hold from the standing position, in a

position of danger. 

Edited by Ching, 29 January 2018 - 07:59 AM.

• tbert likes this
Follow @_Homme

#448 Cletus_Tucker

Cletus_Tucker

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 08:57 AM

Get out of here with your girls are tough, crap.  There isn't a girl on the planet who could have stood up to Snyder.     You're projecting here and it's not needed.  

#449 WillieBoy

WillieBoy

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 08:57 AM

Sorry missy if it got your panties bunched.

Now go back into the kitchen and play with the mustard and mayonnaise.

#450 cjc007

cjc007

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 986 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 09:09 AM

Sorry missy if it got your panties bunched.

Now go back into the kitchen and play with the mustard and mayonnaise.

You guys sound like morons. One of our very best wrestlers in Helen Maurolis in case you missed it.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
  • Yellow_Medal, Housebuye and AllISeeIsBronze like this

#451 Cletus_Tucker

Cletus_Tucker

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 11:57 AM

You guys sound like morons. One of our very best wrestlers in Helen Maurolis in case you missed it.

She's the one to stand up to Snyder?      I'm not buying it.   

#452 cjc007

cjc007

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 986 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 12:15 PM

She's the one to stand up to Snyder? I'm not buying it.

She would have been favored over the Inter Gender Champion, Andy Kauffman!

#453 sgallan

sgallan

Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • 29,466 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 01:07 PM

I saw a fair amount of folkstyle moves come into useful play for DT.  Partly body memory and instinct perhaps; partly strategic stuff that simply works and that international guys aren't so familiar with.

I like Steiber but after he won Worlds at 61 KG he hasn't had much success.  No setup on his shots, which are predictable and which he pulled off easily in college but not at this level.  Guys are ready for them and prepared to counter.  He got horsed around quite a bit at 65 KG, too.   Not sure where he goes from here.  The cut may be too much, but he looks better at 61 KG (even if he ran into some hammers last year in Paris).

I said this was coming with Steiber. I really liked what Taylor did in this tournament. If he was going to fall apart the match with the Cuban would have done it. He fell behind afterwards, had a plan, worked it, and won in unorthodox scrambles. Taylor can adapt. Not sure where he goes in the next Olympic trails but he has matured. Dake is, and will remain, an enigma. He can beat Taylor everyday for eternity but I just don't see him maturing to have consistent results that gets to firsts international.

#454 tbert

tbert

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,034 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 01:12 PM

I don't see how these are different than last year. Seem identical.

I don't consider Dake's throw to be grand amplitude (therefore doesn't satisfy the 4 point criteria). I suppose you could argue that it was, but then we are talking judgement call, not rule interpretation.

2 points

1. -  To the wrestler who overcomes and then controls his opponent by passing behind (three points of contact: two arms and one knee or two knees and one arm or head).

2. -  To the wrestler who applies a correct and complete throw that brings his opponent into a prone position or lateral position or a position with three points of contact. The defensive wrestler must lose control during the throw.

3. -  To the wrestler who executes a hold that places his opponent's back at an angle of less than 90 degrees, including when his opponent is on one or two outstretched arms.

4. -  To the attacking wrestler whose opponent rolls onto his shoulders.

5. -  To the wrestler who blocks his opponent in the execution of a hold from the standing position, in a

position of danger. 

Looking at the replay, I agree, it was a nice, but not that significant of a throw.   Seemed more dramatic when it happened.

MAGA!

#455 Housebuye

Housebuye

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,853 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 11:27 PM

He probably thinks he can beat Maroulis. Idiot
  • cjc007 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users