Sign in to follow this  
Housebuye

Ohio State vs Rutgers

Great to see the enthusiasm for Rutgers wrestling but I can do without the tongue out, muscle posing of Lewis and Deluca after your team just got walloped. Call me old school, but I did not like the look.

Great atmosphere and great turn out for Rutgers. They have done an amazing job.

I agree. I hate when wrestlers showboat after a match they're excepted or supposed to win. It's one thing to celebrate after pulling off an upset. It's another to gloat about a match where you were a huge favorite.

I agree. I hate when wrestlers showboat after a match they're excepted or supposed to win. It's one thing to celebrate after pulling off an upset. It's another to gloat about a match where you were a huge favorite.

Both 149 and 165 were upset wins by Rutgers

Hayes has wins over All-Americans Kolodzik and Thomsen this year. His only loss is to Heilmann, who is having a great season. DeLuca's win was a huge upset. I'm glad he celebrated in front of the home crowd. It's good that DeLuca made a big deal out of his win, which was, in fact, a big deal. 

Edited by Jaroslav Hasek

I don't know if he was pinned or not but I'm going to awesome the ref had a better view than you, stp.   

The ref did have a better view but in no way, is more awesome than me.

Hayes has wins over All-Americans Kolodzik and Thomsen this year. His only loss is to Heilmann, who is having a great season. DeLuca's win was a huge upset. I'm glad he celebrated in front of the home crowd. It's good that DeLuca made a big deal out of his win, which was, in fact, a big deal. 

Knees in front of the toes, always helps your throws!

Regarding DeLuca and a thread from the HS Forum (Wrestling Prep), DeLuca spent a lot of time in San Jose at Carolyn's old facility when he was in HS.  He's been a lot of places since, but really seems at home in Piscataway.

Knees in front of the toes, always helps your throws!

Regarding DeLuca and a thread from the HS Forum (Wrestling Prep), DeLuca spent a lot of time in San Jose at Carolyn's old facility when he was in HS.  He's been a lot of places since, but really seems at home in Piscataway.

DeLuca was a Fargo Cadet Greco AA

Both 149 and 165 were upset wins by Rutgers

Let me further clarify.

Yes those were upset, but I was speaking in general. Also by upset I ment like when you beat a top number 1 ranked type guy. The number 15 ranked guy beating the number 11th ranked guy imo is nothing to get overly excited about.

Let me further clarify.

Yes those were upset, but I was speaking in general. Also by upset I ment like when you beat a top number 1 ranked type guy. The number 15 ranked guy beating the number 11th ranked guy imo is nothing to get overly excited about.

So now you're settone celebration rules? I recall D Taylor pulling the same stuff at PSU quite a bit.

I don't think that 165 was an upset at all. Lewis's two losses are to Marinelli. Both Lewis and Campbell have wins over Valencia. All of these guys are AA contenders, but are hardly separated by rankings. Plus, Lewis's international experience is remarkable. 

I'm a Buckeye fan, but I was thoroughly amused by DeLuca. The tongue thing was a little weird, given that the match was still on, but he went for broke twice and won it in very exciting fashion. If a top ranked guy did that while whooping on a lower guy, I'd understand the criticism. But when a guy comes from behind like that after taking a couple of risks, I'm inclined to celebrate for him and certainly don't hold his expression of excitement against him. 

You guys seem like a ton of fun at parties.  I celebrate more after beating my brother at pick up basketball.  Don't want them to celebrate?  Beat them.

All for celebrations when the match is OVER.  Sticking your tongue out like that with the match still going is sort of like holding your little brother down on the ground and dangling that spit rope over his face!

I’m an tOSU fan and i didn’t seem to care about the celebrations. 165 was an upset but not that big of one especially compared to 149. Hayes looks like he still has gas tank issues, should’ve known the throw was coming the 2nd time around

Should have brought his hips to the party.

Let me further clarify.

Really?

What's wrong with excitement - it's good for wrestling

Add in the environment they have created at Rutgers with their fab base and it’s hard not to celebrate. Absolutely zero issues from my point of view.

BTFB, did you wrestle in HS/college? Did you ever win a huge match that decided a dual or a match you weren’t supposed to win or a big tournament title? I would assume you haven’t, based on your criticisms of celebration.

Add in the environment they have created at Rutgers with their fab base and it’s hard not to celebrate. Absolutely zero issues from my point of view.

BTFB, did you wrestle in HS/college? Did you ever win a huge match that decided a dual or a match you weren’t supposed to win or a big tournament title? I would assume you haven’t, based on your criticisms of celebration.

Nope. Never even seen a single match in my entire life.

I am not criticizing anyone. Im explaining my preference. I have no problem with celebration. I love it actually. But there's a line between celebration and showboating.

I loved it when Darien Cruz celebrated and jumped into his coaches arms at NCAAs. I loved Taylors reaction when he beat Collin Palmer. But to me flexing/posing for the crowd is annoying.

I loved Palmers reaction when he finally beat Metcalf at B1G's.

I was annoyed by Nickal putting his hand up to his ear when he spladled Sammy Brooks.

Now here's a brain twister for you. When Bubba Jenkins pinned Taylor in the 2011 NCAA Finals, I loved when he ran and jumped into his coaches arms. I didn't care for it when he threw his ankle bands in the air and pretended to shoot them with an imaginary shotgun.

Edited by BigTenFanboy

Enjoyed the bout and none of what I saw was particularly offensive.  If you're an OSU fan, you won the war going away with dominant performances by your guns (one of them not even present). If you're a RU fan, you won some battles and your guys showed some guts doing it and the fans enjoyed it.  Win-win all the way around.