Sign in to follow this  
Housebuye

Ohio State vs Rutgers

All for celebrations when the match is OVER.  Sticking your tongue out like that with the match still going is sort of like holding your little brother down on the ground and dangling that spit rope over his face!

The first time I ever scored in practice against my HS coach I stuck my tongue out to a teammate on the sideline and my coach bucked on bottom at that exact moment.  I bit off a LARGE piece of tongue and when it grew back it has never fit quite right ever since.  I bite it all the time to this day.  I never stuck my tongue out in a match again.

The first time I ever scored in practice against my HS coach I stuck my tongue out to a teammate on the sideline and my coach bucked on bottom at that exact moment. I bit off a LARGE piece of tongue and when it grew back it has never fit quite right ever since. I bite it all the time to this day. I never stuck my tongue out in a match again.

Lol

That happened to me in middle school in a freestyle match. After that I told myself never showboat again. Lesson learned.

None of these celebrations were disrespectful to the opponent and shouldn't bother anyone. They are part of the show.

The only disrespect I saw was mild and happened during the Suriano-Mead match, though I may have misinterpreted it.

None of these celebrations were disrespectful to the opponent and shouldn't bother anyone. They are part of the show.

The only disrespect I saw was mild and happened during the Suriano-Mead match, though I may have misinterpreted it.

Did you see Moore get called for that penalty while making a lever of his opponent's arm while the (annoyingly vocal) ref was repeating that he "keep it legal"? What was that? 

Suriano was aggressive, and Mead was totally overpowered, but I didn't see anything disrespectful all day either. Just a couple of shellackings. 

I loved Taylors reaction when he beat Collin Palmer. But to me flexing/posing for the crowd is annoying.

Isn't fist pumps and arms raised, just another way to acknowledge the fans?  Which DT did when he beat Palmer, along with practically every PSU match.

Great to see the enthusiasm for Rutgers wrestling but I can do without the tongue out, muscle posing of Lewis and Deluca after your team just got walloped. Call me old school, but I did not like the look.

Great atmosphere and great turn out for Rutgers. They have done an amazing job.

I agree. Guess some team members want to impress Snookie. The image is not good for Rutgers. As a Rutgers fan, I was disappointed.

All for celebrations when the match is OVER.  Sticking your tongue out like that with the match still going is sort of like holding your little brother down on the ground and dangling that spit rope over his face!

Ugh..I just had a flashback...(little brother point of view)

- Deluca's two needed throws for the win were amazing! (and Hayes was pinned after the first throw)

- Man Richie Lewis can scramble.  I can see him high-AA or not AA at all.

- Joe Grello at 174 put in a respectable show against BoJo considering most outside NJ don't know who he is.  Remember the name.

- Suriano keeps rolling.  His defense is impeccable and he can score points from neutral.  I hope he finds himself down 4 at some point this year and needing to do something dynamic from top - then we'll learn more about him.

Isn't fist pumps and arms raised, just another way to acknowledge the fans? Which DT did when he beat Palmer, along with practically every PSU match.

Yea Im cool with fist pumps and arm raises.. not crazy about flexing a posing. This is my preference. I dont see it as a major issue or typically even disrespectful. It's just my preference.

Edited by BigTenFanboy

Nope. Never even seen a single match in my entire life.

I am not criticizing anyone. Im explaining my preference. I have no problem with celebration. I love it actually. But there's a line between celebration and showboating.

I loved it when Darien Cruz celebrated and jumped into his coaches arms at NCAAs. I loved Taylors reaction when he beat Collin Palmer. But to me flexing/posing for the crowd is annoying.

I loved Palmers reaction when he finally beat Metcalf at B1G's.

I was annoyed by Nickal putting his hand up to his ear when he spladled Sammy Brooks.

Now here's a brain twister for you. When Bubba Jenkins pinned Taylor in the 2011 NCAA Finals, I loved when he ran and jumped into his coaches arms. I didn't care for it when he threw his ankle bands in the air and pretended to shoot them with an imaginary shotgun.

You are a self-absorbed bloviater.   

Rutgers has a great fan base and they respond to it.  Even when out-matched I thought they were competing.  As a fan of the sport, I appreciated how much the Rutgers crowd cheered the efforts of their wrestlers even when losing.  

Campbell v Lewis was a great bout.  Current rankings aside, it was not an upset for Lewis.  It was two AA caliber kids throwing down hard in a match both wanted to win.  

Everyone 149 in the BT should thank Hayes for getting tossed.  Rest assured the rest of Deluca's opponents will be wary of his throws.  Hayes has high upside but needs to tighten up his performance.  He's got to get to his leg attacks and finishes against a guy like Deluca.  Hayes reminds me a bit of Nato his frosh year when he lost several early bouts where he was winning because of small mistakes.  Nate got sharper.  Will Hayes?

Love the fact Myles Martin knew what to do against a motivated opponent.  I enjoy Micah Jordan a lot as well.  He's constantly attacking.  As a fan, I feel Micah consistently gives a high level effort even when losing.  

Rutgers has a great fan base and they respond to it. Even when out-matched I thought they were competing. As a fan of the sport, I appreciated how much the Rutgers crowd cheered the efforts of their wrestlers even when losing.

Campbell v Lewis was a great bout. Current rankings aside, it was not an upset for Lewis. It was two AA caliber kids throwing down hard in a match both wanted to win.

Everyone 149 in the BT should thank Hayes for getting tossed. Rest assured the rest of Deluca's opponents will be wary of his throws. Hayes has high upside but needs to tighten up his performance. He's got to get to his leg attacks and finishes against a guy like Deluca. Hayes reminds me a bit of Nato his frosh year when he lost several early bouts where he was winning because of small mistakes. Nate got sharper. Will Hayes?

Love the fact Myles Martin knew what to do against a motivated opponent. I enjoy Micah Jordan a lot as well. He's constantly attacking. As a fan, I feel Micah consistently gives a high level effort even when losing.

The majority of their fans are great fans.

It's the loudmouth, bloated Jersey bozos who make Rutgers look like idiots.

Taunting Mead was pathetic. Cmon NATO get out from bottom. World class idiots.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Edited by cjc007

You are a self-absorbed bloviater.

Cool.

You call it bloviating, I call it answering questions before they're even asked.

As for being self-absorbed, sure just like pretty much every other poster on these boards.

Edited by BigTenFanboy

Why is BoJo not keeping opponents down when he takes top? He has been known since forever as one of the most punishing and successful top game/riders in all of wrestling. For whatever reason, he has been going right to the same half effort claw ride and allows his opponent to immediately get to their feet. What's most puzzling is doing a better job at this not only coincides with his skills on top, it also goes hand in hand with Bo's style and approach every time he steps on the mat.

Bo isn't a volume shooter on his feet, at least he hasn't been in last 2-3 years. (He was much more active on offense in high school and was so fun to watch). Against top opponents, Bo is very strategic and patient with his approach and strategy and doesn't deviate much or any at all no matter who he wrestles.

I wish he was a high volume guy like Zahid Valencia because common sense tells me when I guy out shoots ya 10-15 times to 4-5 for an entire match... odds are the guy whose more active will score the most points, with talent being alike in comparison. This happened in Bo's first match with Zahid and he just looked as if he couldn't keep up with Zahid's pace.

Because of his strength, Bo can outhorse most opponents and his style is to methodically snap down and wear out his opponents, and mainly looks to take 1-2 early shots and one with short time typically at the end of periods. He never stays on attack, he wears guys down usually the first couple periods and then turns on his offense in the middle of the 3rd. This strategy works well for Bo, it burned him in his first match with Valencia, but looked to be effective against Valencia in their second match as Zahid got gassed late and Bo turned it on but little too late.

Bo's biggest weakness is getting out from bottom, and I have no idea how or why. If I'm Tom Ryan, I have Bo choose top the rest of this season as both strategy and opportunity to get his mojo (BoJo MoJo) back from the top position. Instead of picking neutral, go top and go for the turns and either his arm bar/half series or banana splits and look for the pin or near fall points in bunches.

Nobody wants that giant human being riding them like a show pony... he needs to put his opponents in these uncomfortable situations, and relative to his overall style, Bo should combine his dominant top game along with his powerful head snaps to wear his opponents down.

I guess what I'm saying is since Bo is never gonna be a high end scorer from his feet against great competition, he needs to take advantage of his skill set and dominate on top. Again bonus points will be crucial come national tournament time. Bo needs to do a much better job than he has lately against th better competition in keeping and breaking his opponent down to work his magic. IMO I think it's inexcusable if Bo doesn't have riding time in 90% of his matches. It makes me wonder if his foot bothers him from this position and he's simply allowing opponents right up to bypass the pain or injuring it further.... all I know is Bo is MUCH better from this position than he's been showing as of late.

^Bo is dominant on top. I was wondering the same thing.

I disagree that he should pick top. He needs to work on his bottom game and tighten it up a bit. He has no chance at at title if he can't escape from Hall and Valencia.

I do think he should put more effort into riding. He always gets a takedown, even against Hall and Valencia (well I guess he didn't in their first match), so he will have plenty of live match time work on his top game without picking top.

The majority of their fans are great fans.

It's the loudmouth, bloated Jersey bozos who make Rutgers look like idiots.

Taunting Mead was pathetic. Cmon NATO get out from bottom. World class idiots.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Thanks to "Jersey Shore" whenever I think of New Jersey I think of spike haired jackasses with spray on tans. And Snooki.

Thanks to "Jersey Shore" whenever I think of New Jersey I think of spike haired jackasses with spray on tans. And Snooki.

Not one member of that cast was from NJ. All NY trash.

North Jersey is stuffed w garbage, down south is rural with a lot of nice suburban communities.

Aviator:  Asked the same question on another forum after someone wrote that he won a "dominating" victory.  

Someone else on that forum,however, noted that being a 5th year senior wrestler is no easy task and that they are often a bit beat up physically and mentally.

I suspect Bo is going to spend the rest of the season managing his way to victories with his solid, unspectacular tactics and will wait until NCAA's to really cut loose. 

And then he'll be done.