Sign in to follow this  
Housebuye

Ohio State vs Rutgers

Aviator: Asked the same question on another forum after someone wrote that he won a "dominating" victory.

Someone else on that forum,however, noted that being a 5th year senior wrestler is no easy task and that they are often a bit beat up physically and mentally.

I suspect Bo is going to spend the rest of the season managing his way to victories with his solid, unspectacular tactics and will wait until NCAA's to really cut loose.

And then he'll be done.

and win a title :)

I was wondering, or trying to guess educationally the best I could anyways, if Bo is not putting any boots in with meaningless matches to not risk re aggravating the nerve in his foot . This nerve gets affected by the reoccurring tumor Bo's dealt with in his foot for the past couple years.

By all accounts, Bo is finally relatively pain free this season, versus fighting excruciating nerve pain from the tumor all last season.

I'm wondering if Bo is being cautious on not reaggravating the nerve by inviting that force which would accompany someone shooting up from bottom when putting a boot in, and is simply waiting for the big dance where if he does aggravate it, he'll only have a handful of matches to fight thru it's pain, versus an entire season like a year ago.

I'm not pretending to know this as fact, just hypothesizing that's all.

Aviator:  Asked the same question on another forum after someone wrote that he won a "dominating" victory.  

Someone else on that forum,however, noted that being a 5th year senior wrestler is no easy task and that they are often a bit beat up physically and mentally.

I suspect Bo is going to spend the rest of the season managing his way to victories with his solid, unspectacular tactics and will wait until NCAA's to really cut loose. 

And then he'll be done.  

Interesting take. I hope to see his best at the national tournament. I keep hearing about this great wrestling Bo is capable of, but I haven't seen it yet in his career. I haven't seen the "solid positioning" that people around here talk about. Maybe he will reveal this at NCAAs. Good luck to him.

Interesting take. I hope to see his best at the national tournament. I keep hearing about this great wrestling Bo is capable of, but I haven't seen it yet in his career. I haven't seen the "solid positioning" that people around here talk about. Maybe he will reveal this at NCAAs. Good luck to him.

3-3-2 isn’t good enough for you to indicate that Bo is great at wrestling?

3-3-2 isn’t good enough for you to indicate that Bo is great at wrestling?

Absolutely not, especially at this level. In a true non-age group national championship tournament, I don't see him ever placing that high. 

So almost nobody is great at wrestling

How do you define great at wrestling? You have to have a world title?

Yes, almost nobody is great at wrestling. Just like "almost nobody" is great at basketball, or chess, or anything. Greatness is a very high standard. At least it used to be.

I heard him say he has to get chemo on that foot tumor i was under the impression this whole time it was benign is it actually cancerous? Pardon my ignorance for not knowing these things

Edited by NYWRESTLER94

Yes, almost nobody is great at wrestling. Just like "almost nobody" is great at basketball, or chess, or anything. Greatness is a very high standard. At least it used to be.

I’d argue that he’s at least a “good” wrestler.