• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

#21 Greatdane67

Greatdane67

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 06:52 AM

Great to see the enthusiasm for Rutgers wrestling but I can do without the tongue out, muscle posing of Lewis and Deluca after your team just got walloped. Call me old school, but I did not like the look. 

Great atmosphere and great turn out for Rutgers. They have done an amazing job.

• Cletus_Tucker and stp like this

#22 madcat11

madcat11

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,237 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 06:59 AM

I agree great atmosphere. If they keep getting better they could become a very hateable fan base.
  • tightwaist and stp like this

#23 vsnej

vsnej

Gold Member

• Members
  • 4,274 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 06:59 AM

...team sport with many different individuals, I got no problem with their enthusiasm

I Throw... therefore I Know...

#24 stp

stp

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 07:06 AM

Hayes was pinned.

#25 meluvwrestling

meluvwrestling

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 07:18 AM

Hayes was pinned.

I don't know if he was pinned or not but I'm going to awesome the ref had a better view than you, stp.  DuLuca throws were nice but Hayes can't be getting thrown like that if he wants to be an AA.

Edited by meluvwrestling, 07 January 2018 - 07:20 AM.

• NYWRESTLER94 likes this

#26 BigTenFanboy

BigTenFanboy

Gold Member

• Members
  • 5,004 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 07:42 AM

Great to see the enthusiasm for Rutgers wrestling but I can do without the tongue out, muscle posing of Lewis and Deluca after your team just got walloped. Call me old school, but I did not like the look.

Great atmosphere and great turn out for Rutgers. They have done an amazing job.

I agree. I hate when wrestlers showboat after a match they're excepted or supposed to win. It's one thing to celebrate after pulling off an upset. It's another to gloat about a match where you were a huge favorite.

#27 Housebuye

Housebuye

Gold Member

• Members
  • 4,462 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 07:51 AM

I agree. I hate when wrestlers showboat after a match they're excepted or supposed to win. It's one thing to celebrate after pulling off an upset. It's another to gloat about a match where you were a huge favorite.

Both 149 and 165 were upset wins by Rutgers
  • Witherman likes this

#28 Jaroslav Hasek

Jaroslav Hasek

Gold Member

• Members
  • 5,097 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 07:55 AM

Hayes has wins over All-Americans Kolodzik and Thomsen this year. His only loss is to Heilmann, who is having a great season. DeLuca's win was a huge upset. I'm glad he celebrated in front of the home crowd. It's good that DeLuca made a big deal out of his win, which was, in fact, a big deal. 

Edited by Jaroslav Hasek, 07 January 2018 - 07:57 AM.

#29 stp

stp

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 08:00 AM

I don't know if he was pinned or not but I'm going to awesome the ref had a better view than you, stp.   

The ref did have a better view but in no way, is more awesome than me.

#30 stp

stp

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 08:01 AM

hmpf

Edited by stp, 07 January 2018 - 08:02 AM.

#31 meluvwrestling

meluvwrestling

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 08:16 AM

The ref did have a better view but in no way, is more awesome than me.

Didn't notice I typed awesome instead of assume.  You might be right about the awesome part, can't make that call.

• stp likes this

#32 Old_Marine_Wrestler

Old_Marine_Wrestler

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,419 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 08:46 AM

Hayes has wins over All-Americans Kolodzik and Thomsen this year. His only loss is to Heilmann, who is having a great season. DeLuca's win was a huge upset. I'm glad he celebrated in front of the home crowd. It's good that DeLuca made a big deal out of his win, which was, in fact, a big deal. 

Knees in front of the toes, always helps your throws!

Regarding DeLuca and a thread from the HS Forum (Wrestling Prep), DeLuca spent a lot of time in San Jose at Carolyn's old facility when he was in HS.  He's been a lot of places since, but really seems at home in Piscataway.

I like NIke but wait a minute, the sport supports so put some money in it

#33 TBar1977

TBar1977

Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • 12,712 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 08:59 AM

Hayes was pinned.

True dat. Don't think he ever had deluca at 45 degrees either. Final should have been something like 12-2 deluca.

Penn State - NCAA Champions 7 of the last 8 Years

#34 vsnej

vsnej

Gold Member

• Members
  • 4,274 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 09:01 AM

Knees in front of the toes, always helps your throws!

Regarding DeLuca and a thread from the HS Forum (Wrestling Prep), DeLuca spent a lot of time in San Jose at Carolyn's old facility when he was in HS.  He's been a lot of places since, but really seems at home in Piscataway.

DeLuca was a Fargo Cadet Greco AA

• gutfirst likes this
I Throw... therefore I Know...

#35 BigTenFanboy

BigTenFanboy

Gold Member

• Members
  • 5,004 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 09:02 AM

Both 149 and 165 were upset wins by Rutgers

Let me further clarify.

Yes those were upset, but I was speaking in general. Also by upset I ment like when you beat a top number 1 ranked type guy. The number 15 ranked guy beating the number 11th ranked guy imo is nothing to get overly excited about.

#36 NJWC

NJWC

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 09:08 AM

Let me further clarify.

Yes those were upset, but I was speaking in general. Also by upset I ment like when you beat a top number 1 ranked type guy. The number 15 ranked guy beating the number 11th ranked guy imo is nothing to get overly excited about.

So now you're settone celebration rules? I recall D Taylor pulling the same stuff at PSU quite a bit.

#37 BigTenFanboy

BigTenFanboy

Gold Member

• Members
  • 5,004 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 09:13 AM

So now you're settone celebration rules? I recall D Taylor pulling the same stuff at PSU quite a bit.

Yea and it annoyed me then too.

I also didn't care of Mark Hall's superman pose after winning NCAA's.

#38 denger

denger

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 09:22 AM

I don't think that 165 was an upset at all. Lewis's two losses are to Marinelli. Both Lewis and Campbell have wins over Valencia. All of these guys are AA contenders, but are hardly separated by rankings. Plus, Lewis's international experience is remarkable. 

I'm a Buckeye fan, but I was thoroughly amused by DeLuca. The tongue thing was a little weird, given that the match was still on, but he went for broke twice and won it in very exciting fashion. If a top ranked guy did that while whooping on a lower guy, I'd understand the criticism. But when a guy comes from behind like that after taking a couple of risks, I'm inclined to celebrate for him and certainly don't hold his expression of excitement against him. 

#39 VakAttack

VakAttack

Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • 23,936 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 09:23 AM

You guys seem like a ton of fun at parties.  I celebrate more after beating my brother at pick up basketball.  Don't want them to celebrate?  Beat them.

• vsnej, TFBJR, squeek and 2 others like this

Collegiate Wrestling's Premier Thought Leader

#40 MSU158

MSU158

Gold Member

• Members
  • 5,073 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 09:29 AM

You guys seem like a ton of fun at parties.  I celebrate more after beating my brother at pick up basketball.  Don't want them to celebrate?  Beat them.

All for celebrations when the match is OVER.  Sticking your tongue out like that with the match still going is sort of like holding your little brother down on the ground and dangling that spit rope over his face!

• Coach_J, Cletus_Tucker and JBluegill133 like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users