• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

#41 redblades

redblades

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,723 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 09:30 AM

So now you're settone celebration rules? I recall D Taylor pulling the same stuff at PSU quite a bit.

Only when he pulled off a big upset... Uh, wait a minute...

#42 madcat11

madcat11

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,204 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 09:38 AM

You guys seem like a ton of fun at parties. I celebrate more after beating my brother at pick up basketball. Don't want them to celebrate? Beat them.

Id be a hypocrite to whine about DeLuca given one of my all time favorites: https://m.youtube.co...h?v=DSNASrbqWVc
  • TheOhioState likes this

#43 NYWRESTLER94

NYWRESTLER94

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 09:39 AM

I’m an tOSU fan and i didn’t seem to care about the celebrations. 165 was an upset but not that big of one especially compared to 149. Hayes looks like he still has gas tank issues, should’ve known the throw was coming the 2nd time around
  • TBar1977 and Housebuye like this

#44 madcat11

madcat11

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,204 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 09:44 AM

I’m an tOSU fan and i didn’t seem to care about the celebrations. 165 was an upset but not that big of one especially compared to 149. Hayes looks like he still has gas tank issues, should’ve known the throw was coming the 2nd time around

Should have brought his hips to the party.
  • NYWRESTLER94 likes this

#45 Aviator12

Aviator12

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 400 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 10:06 AM

Hayes looked like he was in a zombie trance today. I've never seen him that inactive from his feet before. No excuse getting thrown twice like that but dude def seemed off today.

#46 vsnej

vsnej

Gold Member

• Members
  • 4,274 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 10:18 AM

Let me further clarify.

Yes those were upset, but I was speaking in general. Also by upset I ment like when you beat a top number 1 ranked type guy. The number 15 ranked guy beating the number 11th ranked guy imo is nothing to get overly excited about.

Really?

What's wrong with excitement - it's good for wrestling

I Throw... therefore I Know...

#47 Witherman

Witherman

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 648 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 10:23 AM

Add in the environment they have created at Rutgers with their fab base and it’s hard not to celebrate. Absolutely zero issues from my point of view.

BTFB, did you wrestle in HS/college? Did you ever win a huge match that decided a dual or a match you weren’t supposed to win or a big tournament title? I would assume you haven’t, based on your criticisms of celebration.

#48 BigTenFanboy

BigTenFanboy

Gold Member

• Members
  • 4,695 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 10:29 AM

Add in the environment they have created at Rutgers with their fab base and it’s hard not to celebrate. Absolutely zero issues from my point of view.

BTFB, did you wrestle in HS/college? Did you ever win a huge match that decided a dual or a match you weren’t supposed to win or a big tournament title? I would assume you haven’t, based on your criticisms of celebration.

Nope. Never even seen a single match in my entire life.

I am not criticizing anyone. Im explaining my preference. I have no problem with celebration. I love it actually. But there's a line between celebration and showboating.

I loved it when Darien Cruz celebrated and jumped into his coaches arms at NCAAs. I loved Taylors reaction when he beat Collin Palmer. But to me flexing/posing for the crowd is annoying.

I loved Palmers reaction when he finally beat Metcalf at B1G's.
I was annoyed by Nickal putting his hand up to his ear when he spladled Sammy Brooks.

Now here's a brain twister for you. When Bubba Jenkins pinned Taylor in the 2011 NCAA Finals, I loved when he ran and jumped into his coaches arms. I didn't care for it when he threw his ankle bands in the air and pretended to shoot them with an imaginary shotgun.

Edited by BigTenFanboy, 07 January 2018 - 10:42 AM.

• TheOhioState likes this

#49 Coach_J

Coach_J

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,068 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 10:45 AM

Enjoyed the bout and none of what I saw was particularly offensive.  If you're an OSU fan, you won the war going away with dominant performances by your guns (one of them not even present). If you're a RU fan, you won some battles and your guys showed some guts doing it and the fans enjoyed it.  Win-win all the way around.

• TFBJR likes this

All Motown, All the Time

www.writeondetroit.com

#50 gimpeltf

gimpeltf

Gold Member

• Members
  • 5,432 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 10:48 AM

You living under a rock?

Haha. Congrats on having a life. Threads on here about protecting seeds have all the info you need.

As in a friend was getting married today.

#51 boconnell

boconnell

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,086 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 11:06 AM

All for celebrations when the match is OVER.  Sticking your tongue out like that with the match still going is sort of like holding your little brother down on the ground and dangling that spit rope over his face!

The first time I ever scored in practice against my HS coach I stuck my tongue out to a teammate on the sideline and my coach bucked on bottom at that exact moment.  I bit off a LARGE piece of tongue and when it grew back it has never fit quite right ever since.  I bite it all the time to this day.  I never stuck my tongue out in a match again.

• TheOhioState and LoStNuMbEr like this

#52 BigTenFanboy

BigTenFanboy

Gold Member

• Members
  • 4,695 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 11:09 AM

The first time I ever scored in practice against my HS coach I stuck my tongue out to a teammate on the sideline and my coach bucked on bottom at that exact moment. I bit off a LARGE piece of tongue and when it grew back it has never fit quite right ever since. I bite it all the time to this day. I never stuck my tongue out in a match again.

Lol

That happened to me in middle school in a freestyle match. After that I told myself never showboat again. Lesson learned.

#53 LkwdSteve

LkwdSteve

Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • 11,803 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 04:04 PM

None of these celebrations were disrespectful to the opponent and shouldn't bother anyone. They are part of the show.

The only disrespect I saw was mild and happened during the Suriano-Mead match, though I may have misinterpreted it.

#54 denger

denger

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 588 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 04:34 PM

None of these celebrations were disrespectful to the opponent and shouldn't bother anyone. They are part of the show.

The only disrespect I saw was mild and happened during the Suriano-Mead match, though I may have misinterpreted it.

Did you see Moore get called for that penalty while making a lever of his opponent's arm while the (annoyingly vocal) ref was repeating that he "keep it legal"? What was that? 

Suriano was aggressive, and Mead was totally overpowered, but I didn't see anything disrespectful all day either. Just a couple of shellackings. 

#55 stp

stp

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 08:24 PM

Argh. What happened ?

Ryan was named coach.

#56 stp

stp

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 08:34 PM

I loved Taylors reaction when he beat Collin Palmer. But to me flexing/posing for the crowd is annoying.

Isn't fist pumps and arms raised, just another way to acknowledge the fans?  Which DT did when he beat Palmer, along with practically every PSU match.

#57 gowrestle

gowrestle

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 01:45 AM

Great to see the enthusiasm for Rutgers wrestling but I can do without the tongue out, muscle posing of Lewis and Deluca after your team just got walloped. Call me old school, but I did not like the look.

Great atmosphere and great turn out for Rutgers. They have done an amazing job.

I agree. Guess some team members want to impress Snookie. The image is not good for Rutgers. As a Rutgers fan, I was disappointed.

#58 JBluegill133

JBluegill133

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 379 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 01:51 AM

All for celebrations when the match is OVER.  Sticking your tongue out like that with the match still going is sort of like holding your little brother down on the ground and dangling that spit rope over his face!

Ugh..I just had a flashback...(little brother point of view)

"Look good, feel good, wrestle good." - J Jaggers

#59 dabearspack

dabearspack
  • Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 01:54 AM

- Deluca's two needed throws for the win were amazing! (and Hayes was pinned after the first throw)

- Man Richie Lewis can scramble.  I can see him high-AA or not AA at all.

- Joe Grello at 174 put in a respectable show against BoJo considering most outside NJ don't know who he is.  Remember the name.

- Suriano keeps rolling.  His defense is impeccable and he can score points from neutral.  I hope he finds himself down 4 at some point this year and needing to do something dynamic from top - then we'll learn more about him.

#60 BigTenFanboy

BigTenFanboy

Gold Member

• Members
  • 4,695 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 02:58 AM

Isn't fist pumps and arms raised, just another way to acknowledge the fans? Which DT did when he beat Palmer, along with practically every PSU match.

Yea Im cool with fist pumps and arm raises.. not crazy about flexing a posing. This is my preference. I dont see it as a major issue or typically even disrespectful. It's just my preference.

Edited by BigTenFanboy, 08 January 2018 - 02:59 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users