• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#1 gowrestle

gowrestle

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 02:42 AM

Time for predictions. Lee is now in the mix and Nato is back. Cruz appears to be a gamer and could again be the surprise of the Nationals. For sure Suriano will be in the mix.

My predictions:
1. Nato
2. Lee
3. Cruz
4. Suriano

My hope:
1. Suriano

#2 Perry

Perry

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,486 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 03:02 AM

Still no love for bresser I see

#3 dabearspack

dabearspack
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 03:10 AM

Sebastian Rivera on upward trajectory.  Rooting for him.

• gowrestle and Fletcher like this

#4 pamela

pamela

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 03:24 AM

My not-so-bold prediction is that the top four seeds won't end up in the top four spots on the podium. I'd say two out of the four, tops. With guys like Bresser, Lizak, Picc, Moisey, Rivera, LaMont, Milhof and who knows who else capable of making a deep run at nationals, the weight is just too much of a minefield to go all chalk. For all we know we could see Stickley or Welch up there when all is said and done.

Edited by pamela, 08 January 2018 - 05:02 AM.

#5 ionel

ionel

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,814 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 03:31 AM

For sure Suriano will be in the mix.

was he in the mix last year?

#6 tightwaist

tightwaist

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,338 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 05:13 AM

was he in the mix last year?

No, he was in a boot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#7 PSUMike

PSUMike

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 05:15 AM

Don't see Suriano losing to Cruz. I have no issue with putting Lee and Nato above him but Cruz shouldn't be there. 

#8 repechange

repechange

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 491 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 05:24 AM

125 and 141 will be exciting weights come March.

#9 ionel

ionel

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,814 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 05:32 AM

No, he was in a boot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

and he "for sure" won't be in a boot or other this year?

when did he go "in the boot?"

little early to make "for sure" predictions

#10 repechange

repechange

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 491 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 05:37 AM

Bresser won't likely be in the finals, I do see him 4 to 8 though.

#11 hammerlockthree

hammerlockthree

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 05:46 AM

I'll take the chance to proclaim myself a full fledged member of the Hate Ronnie Bresser Club.

#12 BigTenFanboy

BigTenFanboy

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,284 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 05:51 AM

I'll take the chance to proclaim myself a full fledged member of the Hate Ronnie Bresser Club.

Why? Who did he beat from Cornell?

#13 hammerlockthree

hammerlockthree

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 06:45 AM

It doesn't matter who he beat. His Snaky style just pisses me off. I don't like suriano either but was very glad that he beat Bresser. 

• HokieFan likes this

#14 HokieFan

HokieFan

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 06:59 AM

It doesn't matter who he beat. His Snaky style just pisses me off. I don't like suriano either but was very glad that he beat Bresser. 

Suriano sure struts around like a cocky little bastard.  Maybe he isn't that way at all but I still find myself rooting for the other guy.  I hope Cruz wins it all again this year - he seems humble.

• dmm53 likes this

#15 stonerd7

stonerd7
  • Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 07:06 AM

Suriano sure struts around like a cocky little bastard.  Maybe he isn't that way at all but I still find myself rooting for the other guy.  I hope Cruz wins it all again this year - he seems humble.

Suriano comes off as a humble dude to me.  Lost to Gilman last year...shook his hand and said "good match" and walked off with no fuss.  He beat Rivera in the semis and gave him a half hug while telling him "good match."  I think with Bresser, he may have been a little frustrated with Bresser's style of all defense and running away the whole time.

Edited by stonerd7, 08 January 2018 - 07:09 AM.

• Yellow_Medal likes this

#16 gowrestle

gowrestle

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 07:07 AM

Suriano sure struts around like a cocky little bastard. Maybe he isn't that way at all but I still find myself rooting for the other guy. I hope Cruz wins it all again this year - he seems humble.

Thought Surian’s comment “he didn’t like the way things were handled” was inappropriate. His actions threw some dispersions at the PSU staff. So I guess Cael was wrong in not letting Suriano wrestle injured? Fact is he was uncomfortable being away from his family and Rutgers got him closer to his family. That’s like a lot of college kids. I’m a Rutgers fan but I think Suriano’s comments were out of line. I can see why he is not a fan favorite.

#17 tightwaist

tightwaist

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,338 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 07:08 AM

and he "for sure" won't be in a boot or other this year?

when did he go "in the boot?"

little early to make "for sure" predictions

Nothing is "for sure", but on this site we like to make predictions.  It's possible that IMar gets injured before NCAAs and doesn't compete, just like Suriano did,  which could "possibly" happen to any wrestler.  Suriano had a freak accident in the last dual of the year.  Highly unlikely that happens again, but nothing is "for sure" about any wrestler.  However, I will wager most anyone that Suriano finishes among the Top 6, and is more than likely going to be a semi-finalist this year. 

Edited by tightwaist, 08 January 2018 - 07:13 AM.

#18 BigTenFanboy

BigTenFanboy

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,284 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 07:20 AM

Suriano does "strut" around a lot, however that could be his way of keeping his focus. I know plenty of guys who do that when they're getting themselves "in the zone" and it certainly doesn't make him a "cocky little bastard." IMO running his mouth, disrespecting his competition or showboating would make him a "cocky little bastard."

#19 dmm53

dmm53
  • Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 07:25 AM

Yes, Suriano is a head case.  He was that way at Penn State and didn't fit in with the team mentality.  He has a chip on his shoulder.  Seems tacitly to blame others for the fact that he couldn't compete for a national championship.  Now, he is "the star" (big fish) in a small universe (pond).  He very barely eeked out two wins at Midlands.  

#20 Yellow_Medal

Yellow_Medal

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 268 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 07:26 AM

Nothing is "for sure", but on this site we like to make predictions.  It's possible that IMar gets injured before NCAAs and doesn't compete, just like Suriano did,  which could "possibly" happen to any wrestler.  Suriano had a freak accident in the last dual of the year.  Highly unlikely that happens again, but nothing is "for sure" about any wrestler.  However, I will wager most anyone that Suriano finishes among the Top 6, and is more than likely going to be a semi-finalist this year. 

$20K?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users