78 replies to this topic

#21 tightwaist

tightwaist

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,496 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 08:56 AM

$20K?

Seriously? You would bet 20K that Suriano does not finish top 6? You'd have to prove that you have the funds to pay, as would I

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Yellow_Medal likes this

#22 wrestlingnerd

wrestlingnerd

Gold Member

• Members
  • 7,741 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 09:04 AM

I’m in on the Suriano 6 or better for $20k.

#23 Yellow_Medal

Yellow_Medal

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 09:18 AM

Seriously? You would bet 20K that Suriano does not finish top 6? You'd have to prove that you have the funds to pay, as would I

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m in on the Suriano 6 or better for $20k.

Cool. Payment will be made in 4,444 lbs of Iron Pyrite ($4.50/lb). Must prove you have room to store it. 

• tightwaist and BigTenFanboy like this

#24 steamboat_charlie

steamboat_charlie

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 09:31 AM

Suriano comes off as a humble dude to me.  Lost to Gilman last year...shook his hand and said "good match" and walked off with no fuss.  He beat Rivera in the semis and gave him a half hug while telling him "good match."  I think with Bresser, he may have been a little frustrated with Bresser's style of all defense and running away the whole time.

Dude...

C-658VsXoAo3ovC.jpg

#25 stonerd7

stonerd7

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 09:32 AM

Dude...

C-658VsXoAo3ovC.jpg

The dude abides

#26 HokieFan

HokieFan

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 347 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 09:54 AM

Suriano does "strut" around a lot, however that could be his way of keeping his focus. I know plenty of guys who do that when they're getting themselves "in the zone" and it certainly doesn't make him a "cocky little bastard." IMO running his mouth, disrespecting his competition or showboating would make him a "cocky little bastard."

I said he struts around like one - not that he is one.  I don't know him.

#27 sgallan

sgallan

Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • 29,915 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 09:57 AM

Still no love for bresser I see

Bresser needs at least one TD move against the best. He used to be undersized and unable to finish. He seems big enough and still can't finish. In till he gets that he is low AA or round of 12.

#28 sgallan

sgallan

Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • 29,915 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 09:58 AM

My not-so-bold prediction is that the top four seeds won't end up in the top four spots on the podium. I'd say two out of the four, tops. With guys like Bresser, Lizak, Picc, Moisey, Rivera, LaMont, Milhof and who knows who else capable of making a deep run at nationals, the weight is just too much of a minefield to go all chalk. For all we know we could see Stickley or Welch up there when all is said and done.

Yup, par for the course at this weight in recent years.

#29 Eagle26

Eagle26

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 637 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 10:00 AM

Don't see Suriano losing to Cruz. I have no issue with putting Lee and Nato above him but Cruz shouldn't be there.

You have no problem putting a true freshman who got sixth at midlands above him, but not the returning national champ? Makes sense.

#30 sgallan

sgallan

Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • 29,915 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 10:02 AM

Don't see Suriano losing to Cruz. I have no issue with putting Lee and Nato above him but Cruz shouldn't be there.

Pretty sure no one predicted Cruz as NCAA Champ either. You know Cruz, the guy who sort of dominated the Gilman who won a tough but solid decision over Suriano. This weight is weird in this way.

#31 sgallan

sgallan

Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • 29,915 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 10:06 AM

It doesn't matter who he beat. His Snaky style just pisses me off. I don't like suriano either but was very glad that he beat Bresser.

Up until this year he has been undersized and under powered, in a substandard room. Basically it is what he had to do. We'll see if he can transition. There is a back story of a over the top "little league parent" type dad as well. Why his name is sometimes Rios, and sometimes Bresser.

#32 sgallan

sgallan

Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • 29,915 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 10:09 AM

Thought Surian’s comment “he didn’t like the way things were handled” was inappropriate. His actions threw some dispersions at the PSU staff. So I guess Cael was wrong in not letting Suriano wrestle injured? Fact is he was uncomfortable being away from his family and Rutgers got him closer to his family. That’s like a lot of college kids. I’m a Rutgers fan but I think Suriano’s comments were out of line. I can see why he is not a fan favorite.

He kind of put me off when he said, over and over, his injury was "tragic". A tragic injury is career ending, life changing, paralysis, brain damage and death. Not a poorly timed badly sprained ankle.
  • hammerlockthree likes this

#33 wrestlingnerd

wrestlingnerd

Gold Member

• Members
  • 7,741 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 10:19 AM

Suriano is just an adrenaline-fueled hard-nosed kid. Doesn't strike me as a bad kid, just very intense. He talks like he's preparing for an MMA career, which he is:

After beating Fix at the WNO a few years ago: "I do this for a living...[all 18 years old of him]" "That's what you get [Fix] for talking trash [on social media]..."

About NCAAs last year: "I had a title stripped from me last year..." 

Clumsy choice of words more than anything.

The one thing he did which I found funny was against Bresser at Midlands. After they went out of bounds once, he ran back to the center and made a motion towards Bresser as if to say, get back here and stop resting, you puss. Gave me a chuckle.

I've never seen him do anything out of line in HS or college.

• Cletus_Tucker likes this

#34 Cletus_Tucker

Cletus_Tucker

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 10:48 AM

Here we go, barring injury or complete mental breakdown, the following is how they'll shake out in March.   

1. Suriano - the class of the division keeps enough of what he learned at Penn State and cruises to an undefeated national title

2. Tomasello - it isn't easy getting there, but NATO helps TOSU to 2nd place in the team race with his strong performance

3. Cruz - defending national champ unable to repeat losing a tough one in the semis to national champ Suriano 

4. Rivera - very tough drops a razor thin one in the consolation final

5. Bresser - this kid can just flat out go.    drops 1 point bouts to this years national champ and last years national champ, crushes in 5th place bout

6. Lee - goes through major growing pains, dropping several head scratcher type bouts and equals his controversial Midlands finish; Iowa 10th.

7. Lizak -   

8. Picc

• squeek likes this

#35 BigTenFanboy

BigTenFanboy

Gold Member

• Members
  • 5,004 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 10:55 AM

Here we go, barring injury or complete mental breakdown, the following is how they'll shake out in March.

1. Suriano - the class of the division keeps enough of what he learned at Penn State and cruises to an undefeated national title

2. Tomasello - it isn't easy getting there, but NATO helps TOSU to 2nd place in the team race with his strong performance

3. Cruz - defending national champ unable to repeat losing a tough one in the semis to national champ Suriano

5. Bresser - this kid can just flat out go. drops 1 point bouts to this years national champ and last years national champ, crushes in 5th place bout

6. Lee - goes through major growing pains, dropping several head scratcher type bouts and equals his controversial Midlands finish; Iowa 10th.

7. Lizak -

8. Picc

What about Lamont?

If Cruz loses to Suriano in the semis and you have Suriano being undefeated are you putting Suriano as the 1 seed and Cruz as the 4 seed?

Edited by BigTenFanboy, 08 January 2018 - 10:57 AM.

#36 Cletus_Tucker

Cletus_Tucker

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 11:00 AM

What about Lamont?

If Cruz loses to Suriano in the semis and you have Suriano being undefeated are you putting Suriano as the 1 seed and Cruz as the 4 seed?

Yes that's correct.     

Lamont 2 and bar b q   Happens every year

Edited by Cletus_Tucker, 08 January 2018 - 11:01 AM.

#37 pawrestler

pawrestler

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 409 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 11:49 AM

5. Bresser - this kid can just flat out go.    drops 1 point bouts to this years national champ and last years national champ, crushes in 5th place bout

7. Lizak -   

8. Picc

I actually see a pretty similar breakdown although my gut is NATO #1 if he's fully recovered. Cruz at 2/3 I agree with. Maybe Picc a bit higher but I'm not sure who I would drop lower in your list. It's crazy to think Lee could drop to 6th but I see him struggling against NATO due to his size and I think Cruz and Suriano are both savvy enough to take a match from him, so depends on seeding. 

#38 steamboat_charlie

steamboat_charlie

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 11:54 AM

Yes that's correct.     

I don't see how Cruz lands at the 4 seed...he should cruise (ha) the rest of the way.  

#39 TobusRex

TobusRex

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,799 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 12:01 PM

I don't see how Cruz lands at the 4 seed...he should cruise (ha) the rest of the way.  

Cruz is looking impressive, imo. I think he should be the odds on favorite at this point. Picc got lucky to beat him at the All Star match.

#40 hammerlockthree

hammerlockthree

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 12:03 PM

All of Suriano's talk about leaving PSU has been transparent BS in my opinion....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users