• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 rcoates1

rcoates1

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 348 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 04:00 PM

I’m certainly biased as this is my hometown team... But why is nobody talking about Montorie Bridges? He has beat two top five guys this season. He just majored Terao, after beating Brock his last time out.

Edited by rcoates1, 08 January 2018 - 04:02 PM.

• Yellow_Medal likes this

#2 gowrestle

gowrestle

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 04:18 PM

He could be the surprise of this wrestling season. He is a tough kid.
  • rcoates1 likes this

#3 wrestlingnerd

wrestlingnerd

Gold Member

• Members
  • 7,365 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 04:28 PM

Great topic. I think a lot of people give Brock a pass on that loss, and therefore give Bridges an asterisk on the 1-point win, because Brock gave up 6 points on a very poorly executed throw due to overconfidence or perhaps altitude-induced temporary stupor. Majoring Terao 10-2 as a follow-up is a big deal though. Did anyone see the match?

Bridges had one hell of a weekend, going 4-0 and beating not only Terao but also Zach Sherman (UNC), who has been wrestling very well overall.

• rcoates1 likes this

#4 rcoates1

rcoates1

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 348 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 04:31 PM

He has certainly been a surprise. Branch was very high on him throughout the recruiting process. I think out of HS he was ranked 10-15 in his weight class, which is a typical top tier recruit for a team like wyo.

#5 rcoates1

rcoates1

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 348 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 04:41 PM

Great topic. I think a lot of people give Brock a pass on that loss, and therefore give Bridges an asterisk on the 1-point win, because Brock gave up 6 points on a very poorly executed throw due to overconfidence or perhaps altitude-induced temporary stupor. Majoring Terao 10-2 as a follow-up is a big deal though. Did anyone see the match?

Bridges had one hell of a weekend, going 4-0 and beating not only Terao but also Zach Sherman (UNC), who has been wrestling very well overall.

Yeah the whole ok state team is getting a pass because it’s the first time they’ve ever competed at elevation. Brock certainly did out wrestle him after Montorie went up 6-0. I’m pretty sure he got taken down four or five times, but he did fend off takedowns for the final minute of the match. Which I think most upsets happen in the last minute rather than the first

I figured he would lose to terao and Sherman was a toss up match. He is certainly overly exceeding expectations.
  • Yellow_Medal likes this

#6 cornercoach

cornercoach

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,133 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 10:26 PM

...great name too!!!....

• rcoates1 likes this

#7 LordNelson

LordNelson

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,625 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 10:47 PM

Definitely a sleeper as the end of the season approaches.  I give Bridges credit for keeping the win as opposed to giving Brock "a pass".

Brock's supposed to be a top talent and title contender, things happen and yada yada but credit has to be given.  The best of the best either do not make those types of mistakes or account for them by completing the comeback.

Next time they meet like many I'd pick Brock but that doesn't diminish the fact that Bridges earned that win.

Altitude Schmaltitude.

Heil proved in his last outing that maybe Jack/Meredith, etal are actually just that good.  Something we've suspected all along.

• rcoates1 likes this

#8 wrestlingnerd

wrestlingnerd

Gold Member

• Members
  • 7,365 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 01:48 AM

I mean, if you’re picking Brock in the rematch you’re giving him a pass on his loss to Bridges. Bridges should get full credit, but my point was the Terao major leaves no room for an asterisk while the Brock 1-pointer obviously does.

#9 stchrist

stchrist
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 01:58 AM

We will see where he is at on January 18th when he wrestles Seth Gross in their dual. 

A win is a win so he beat Brock.  I would take Brock in the rematch though.  That being said this young man has a great Fresh. season going!

#10 Housebuye

Housebuye

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,686 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 04:45 AM

Yeah he is talented and seems to be improving rapidly. Reminds me of Bryce a few years ago in that regard.

He is slick, but I highly doubt he beats Brock again if they meet at NCAAs

#11 Plasmodium

Plasmodium

Gold Member

• Members
  • 4,285 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 05:53 AM

They should meet again in the semis of B12.

#12 vsnej

vsnej

Gold Member

• Members
  • 4,108 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 07:10 AM

Looks like a big 133 pounder

I Throw... therefore I Know...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users