• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin

Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,921 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 11:55 PM

Dagestan national team - 60 wrestlers train in 3 mats lol. That's why we call here "Dagestan is second Africa" 

TqjWhtDe6fo.jpg

WBASv2hHh74.jpg

• Coach_J, cjc007, 2td3nf and 1 other like this
The opinions and views expressed in my posts, are intended to promote Russian international styles wrestling and international wrestling in general. Please excuse misspellings, misunderstandings, or misinterpretations. I am doing my very best to communicate in English, but it is a work in progress. I speak several languages, but I am still learning context, culture, and local tradition. I love USA and I am doing my best to be a great ambassador. Thank you for understanding.

#2 wrestlingnerd

wrestlingnerd

Gold Member

• Members
  • 7,763 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 01:23 PM

What I would do to study their training for even one month. Incredible production out of that tiny region on the super duper cheap. Probably a million lessons in there somewhere.
  • Coach_J and ohcomeon like this

#3 hammerlockthree

hammerlockthree

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,546 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 04:00 PM

idk they look pretty crappy based on the pictures.

• Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin likes this

#4 ohcomeon

ohcomeon
  • Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 04:22 AM

You might be better off studying their genetics and culture.
  • Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin likes this

#5 wrestlingnerd

wrestlingnerd

Gold Member

• Members
  • 7,763 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 05:58 AM

You might be better off studying their genetics and culture.

Not that I have studied it, but the very wide range of physical attributes of their champions makes me suspect genetics is a minimal factor. Culture, yes, but that would be manifested in how they train. I'm very curious since I've seen how we do it many times and would love to compare. That little region is one of the biggest outliers in any sport that I know of. I feel this way even if you assume ALL their champs are drug-assisted. They just wrestle differently and better as a group. The fact  that the Russian system overall is such a shtshow and so politically charged but Dagestan remains an outlier is fascinating to me.

• Tofurky and Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin like this

#6 Pennsy Kraken

Pennsy Kraken
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 03:52 AM

Good info

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users