TBar1977

Penn State vs. Michigan

But Hall just conceded that last takedown because he knew he would win the match by the riding time point.

Yep.  He bellied out because the match was won if he did.  He could have fought it off for a few seconds and won by 3 if that was the goal.  It wasn't his best match, but the 2 at the end is irrelevant.

Perfect example of how the transitive property of mathematics doesn't work in sports.

Depends on what you mean by "doesn't work."  Of course, it doesn't work 100% of the time, but that doesn't mean it doesn't have predictive value.  For example, John Urschel ran the numbers for the SEC West from 2007 - 2014 and found that "the transitive property has held a stunning 88.78 percent of the time.  Meaning that if you pick any three teams in the SEC West, where Team A beats Team B and Team B beats Team C, then nearly 9 out of 10 time Team A will beat team C."

It'd be interesting to see more studies from other sports.

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/math-meets-football-the-transitive-property-is-real/

Depends on what you mean by "doesn't work."  Of course, it doesn't work 100% of the time, but that doesn't mean it doesn't have predictive value.  For example, John Urschel ran the numbers for the SEC West from 2007 - 2014 and found that "the transitive property has held a stunning 88.78 percent of the time.  Meaning that if you pick any three teams in the SEC West, where Team A beats Team B and Team B beats Team C, then nearly 9 out of 10 time Team A will beat team C."

It'd be interesting to see more studies from other sports.

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/math-meets-football-the-transitive-property-is-real/

You're right. I should've put "always," but I thought that would be stating the obvious.

Interesting.  Pantaleo has been pinned 3 times in the past by Retherford.  What makes you think moving up a weight to challenge another NCAA champ and Hodge contender will work out better for him?  Honestly interested in the thought process.

Wasn't me that posted it but I'll give it a shot. When was the last time Alec was pinned by anybody? Might have something to do with it.

Wasn't me that posted it but I'll give it a shot. When was the last time Alec was pinned by anybody? Might have something to do with it.

I don't know if he's been pinned in college.  He lost his last high school match - the Michigan D1 state championship - by pin to teammate Amine.