• Please log in to reply
234 replies to this topic

#201 tbert

tbert

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,225 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 04:48 AM

I think his match management was spot on. Both he and Nolf realized that it wasn't their night and just did what they had to do to win.

If they were anybody else they'd be praised for their matches last night but since they're Nolf and Nickal and they won close matches there are many who think that's like a loss for them.

Don't know about Nolf,maybe just an off night, but it appeared to me that with the phantom takedown he tried giving Nickal and the two takedowns he refused Amine, he had no worries...the ref was not going to let him lose.

Pretty sure there is video out there of him awarding takedowns in similar situations.. I don't have time to search.
Amine(edit...Abounador) was not given two takedowns. Whether that would of had any bearing on the outcome..who knows....doesn't matter.

Edited by tbert, 13 January 2018 - 05:42 AM.

MAGA!

#202 MSU158

MSU158

Gold Member

• Members
  • 5,046 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 05:29 AM

Don't know about Nolf,maybe just an off night, but it appeared to me that with the phantom takedown he tried giving Nickal and the two takedowns he refused Amine, he had no worries...the ref was not going to let him lose.

Pretty sure there is video out there of him awarding takedowns in similar situations.. I don't have time to search.
Amine was not given two takedowns. Whether that would of had any bearing on the outcome..who knows....doesn't matter.

Abounader?

#203 tbert

tbert

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,225 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 05:40 AM

Abounader?

Ya thanks...that's how much I follow michigan...lol
MAGA!

#204 TBar1977

TBar1977

Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • 12,589 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 06:09 AM

I think his match management was spot on.  Both he and Nolf realized that it wasn't their night and just did what they had to do to win.  

If they were anybody else they'd be praised for their matches last night but since they're Nolf and Nickal and they won close matches there are many who think that's like a loss for them.  

Lol. So true. 

Heil wins 60 matches by an average of 1 TD and he is praised to high heaven for his winning style, Nolf has 1 match that isn't a complete  blowout and he is suddenly not as good as once thought. 

Penn State - NCAA Champions 7 of the last 8 Years

#205 MSU158

MSU158

Gold Member

• Members
  • 5,046 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 06:51 AM

Lol. So true. 

Heil wins 60 matches by an average of 1 TD and he is praised to high heaven for his winning style, Nolf has 1 match that isn't a complete  blowout and he is suddenly not as good as once thought. 

He is praised to high heaven?  Do you not pay attention.  Almost everyone on here whines incessantly about him and is tickled pink he has lost 2xs this year.

• TheOhioState, tightwaist and Crotalus like this

#206 Axe_Spartan

Axe_Spartan

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 964 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 07:00 AM

Where can I find the videos of the matches?

From Brazil

Twitter: https://twitter.com/sonsofMMA

#207 tbert

tbert

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,225 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 07:11 AM

Lol. So true.

Heil wins 60 matches by an average of 1 TD and he is praised to high heaven for his winning style, Nolf has 1 match that isn't a complete blowout and he is suddenly not as good as once thought.

He was so good that they developed a rule for him, now the officiating is in more chaos.
So the moral of the story is Hall, Nickal and Nolf are not as good as once thought?
MAGA!

#208 Aviator12

Aviator12

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 400 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 07:24 AM

You do realize that Bo's 2nd TDwas reversed? Seriously, people!

To be fair, the reversal would have zero relation to the posters gripe, as every challenge is reviewed by a 3rd party official. The referee on the mat making the initial call does not even see the challenge let alone review it.

Edited by Aviator12, 13 January 2018 - 07:26 AM.

#209 Aviator12

Aviator12

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 400 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 07:36 AM

Also....speaking of Amine....not too many people talking about the Hall/Amine match where it ended tied but Hall winning by riding time point. Amine is a good wrestler, but to say Hall didn't look vulnerable there late would be foolish. 3 out of PSU's super 5 looked vulnerable tonight. And Rasheed may have been the most impressive...just what the doctor ordered for PSU fans with Nevills now looking like a fringe podium guy. What's his deal?

#210 pennsyrules

pennsyrules

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,910 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 07:49 AM

I think Joseph's win was the most impressive.  It speaks to how good Snyder is that he handles a big man like Coon the way he does.  Coon is damn good!

I know he can't look at things this way but it is fun to look at the fact that Ian Brown from Lehigh beat panteleo, then got crushed by Nolf and now Panteleo almost beats Nolf.

Edited by pennsyrules, 13 January 2018 - 07:50 AM.

#211 tbert

tbert

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,225 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 08:21 AM

To be fair, the reversal would have zero relation to the posters gripe, as every challenge is reviewed by a 3rd party official. The referee on the mat making the initial call does not even see the challenge let alone review it.

I think other than the ref refusing to call them the biggest gripe is that neither of the other two near takedowns were challenged..
MAGA!

#212 BigTenFanboy

BigTenFanboy

Gold Member

• Members
  • 4,945 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 08:34 AM

I think Joseph's win was the most impressive.  It speaks to how good Snyder is that he handles a big man like Coon the way he does.  Coon is damn good!

I know he can't look at things this way but it is fun to look at the fact that Ian Brown from Lehigh beat panteleo, then got crushed by Nolf and now Panteleo almost beats Nolf.

Perfect example of how the transitive property of mathematics doesn't work in sports.

#213 AIW-HS

AIW-HS

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 257 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 10:44 AM

I don't recall a match in recent memory where more pain was inflicted than yesterday with what Retherford did to Amine.  After Amine shoved him he should have just forfeited.  Because he damn near cost himself the rest of his season by pissing off Zain.

#214 wrestlingnerd

wrestlingnerd

Gold Member

• Members
  • 7,727 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 10:47 AM

I don't recall a match in recent memory where more pain was inflicted than yesterday with what Retherford did to Amine.

What he did to Sorensen at NCAAs last year was worse and downright criminal. I cringed the whole time Zain was on top. It was like watching a guy being tortured by a hydraulic press.

#215 Crotalus

Crotalus

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 300 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 11:02 AM

He is praised to high heaven? Do you not pay attention. Almost everyone on here whines incessantly about him and is tickled pink he has lost 2xs this year.

Yeah, holy sh*t is that one of the most out of touch comments I've ever seen on this forum. And that's saying something. I don't think anyone has been more universally bashed over the past three years than Heil.

#216 wrestlingnerd

wrestlingnerd

Gold Member

• Members
  • 7,727 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 11:50 AM

I don't think anyone has been more universally bashed over the past three years than Heil.

The PDs would beg to differ.

#217 HurricaneWrestling

HurricaneWrestling

Gold Member

• Members
  • 7,856 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 11:53 AM

coon looks fat

Whut?

31FFC40700000578-3482580-image-m-21_1457

• tbert likes this

#218 PSUMike

PSUMike

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 12:04 PM

Also....speaking of Amine....not too many people talking about the Hall/Amine match where it ended tied but Hall winning by riding time point. Amine is a good wrestler, but to say Hall didn't look vulnerable there late would be foolish. 3 out of PSU's super 5 looked vulnerable tonight. And Rasheed may have been the most impressive...just what the doctor ordered for PSU fans with Nevills now looking like a fringe podium guy. What's his deal?

I mean he already has wins over Tanner Hall and Jacob Kasper. Let's pump the brakes on that hyperbole a bit. Could be battling a minor injury. 

#219 gimpeltf

gimpeltf

Gold Member

• Members
  • 5,466 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 12:36 PM

The PDs would beg to differ.

Depends how you look at it. 

PD2 would differ no matter what.

But since PD2 isn't bashing PD3 it would be a false statement.

#220 jchapman

jchapman

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,530 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 12:52 PM

But Hall just conceded that last takedown because he knew he would win the match by the riding time point.

Record Holder:  Most Escapes in a Season

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users