• Please log in to reply
234 replies to this topic

#21 sgallan

sgallan

Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • 29,915 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 01:56 PM

I don't think nolf will tech pantaleo, that's getting a little greedy imo (not saying it's impossible). I'll also take a healthy massa over cenzo in a rematch but I don't think that happens at the dual. Penn State should win handily.

Agree on Nolf. I think Cenzo just has a style that gives Massa and Imar fits. PSU wins handily. I missed the news they pulled Lee's shirt. Not surprised. They need any points they can get in an awesome team race this year.  

#22 pamela

pamela

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,851 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 02:21 PM

Jason Nolf by pin or tech. No disrespect to Alec Pantaleo intended, it's just that Nolf is a machine and I don't think it's possible for anyone to slow the pace down enough to prevent a major at the very least. It's hard to remember when Nolf last won a match by less than a major.

• PSUMike likes this

#23 PSUMike

PSUMike

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 02:24 PM

Jason Nolf by pin or tech. No disrespect to Alec Pantaleo intended, it's just that Nolf is a machine and I don't think it's possible for anyone to slow the pace down enough to prevent a major at the very least. It's hard to remember when Nolf last won a match by less than a major.

He only had 2 non-bonuses last season, both Kemererererer matches. 

• pamela likes this

#24 pamela

pamela

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,851 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 02:31 PM

Thanks!  I also read somewhere that Nolf is like 10-15 pins away from the all-time career pins record at PSU. Zain is up there too, but Nolf also has another season to run up his numbers.

#25 hammerlockthree

hammerlockthree

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 03:00 PM

I think nolf is gonna match terminate pantaleo.

#26 hammerlockthree

hammerlockthree

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 03:02 PM

Thanks!  I also read somewhere that Nolf is like 10-15 pins away from the all-time career pins record at PSU. Zain is up there too, but Nolf also has another season to run up his numbers.

the wonderful thing about nolf is the # of falls, combined with his disdain for the top position. Zain isn't wed to it either, but he spends way more time on top than nolf. 

#27 pamela

pamela

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,851 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 03:18 PM

Jason Nolf is my favorite wrestler of the moment and so much fun to watch. The "Nolf roll" is a thing of beauty and that crazy leg-turn-tilt that he does is sorta mind-boggling. He's kind of a mat savant or something... not really funk, more like constant motion and unlimited gas tank combined with a comfort being uncomfortable in any position. It's crazy, sometimes it looks like he's drilling or experimenting or kinda screwing around out there, and I've always thought he'd get caught and pay for it but it hasn't really happened yet! 

• HurricaneWrestling and silver-medal like this

#28 hammerlockthree

hammerlockthree

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 03:19 PM

please stop maligning him with cliches

• BadgerMon likes this

#29 pamela

pamela

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,851 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 03:20 PM

😂🤣😂🤣
  • hammerlockthree likes this

#30 PSUMike

PSUMike

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 04:52 PM

Jason Nolf is my favorite wrestler of the moment and so much fun to watch. The "Nolf roll" is a thing of beauty and that crazy leg-turn-tilt that he does is sorta mind-boggling. He's kind of a mat savant or something... not really funk, more like constant motion and unlimited gas tank combined with a comfort being uncomfortable in any position. It's crazy, sometimes it looks like he's drilling or experimenting or kinda screwing around out there, and I've always thought he'd get caught and pay for it but it hasn't really happened yet! 

I honestly think when he's wrestling guys outside of the top 5 or so, he just says **** it, let's see if it works and tries new stuff. He knows even if it blows up in his face, he can score more than enough points to get it back. His entire match against Bethea last year was like that and he's not a joke. But Nolf is good enough that it doesn't bite him in the ass. I am a Penn State fan (obviously) but I don't know who I enjoy watching more between he, Zain, and Nickal. All 3 are so fun to watch and all in different ways. Zain because he just punishes everyone, Nolf because he pulls of ridiculous stuff consistently, and Nickal because at any given second, he can stick anyone.  

• TobusRex likes this

#31 TBar1977

TBar1977

Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • 12,719 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 01:08 AM

Agree on Nolf. I think Cenzo just has a style that gives Massa and Imar fits. PSU wins handily. I missed the news they pulled Lee's shirt. Not surprised. They need any points they can get in an awesome team race this year.  

PSU has not pulled Nick Lee's shirt. Yet, anyway. 

Penn State - NCAA Champions 7 of the last 8 Years

#32 vsnej

vsnej

Gold Member

• Members
  • 4,274 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 02:22 AM

Nolf is like the Master who has learned the rules, applied them and now makes up his own

• silver-medal likes this
I Throw... therefore I Know...

#33 JBluegill133

JBluegill133

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 405 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 02:37 AM

He only had 2 non-bonuses last season, both Kemererererer matches. 

you forgot an "er"

• gutfirst and PSUMike like this
"Look good, feel good, wrestle good." - J Jaggers

#34 PANewbie

PANewbie

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 03:33 AM

I don't think nolf will tech pantaleo, that's getting a little greedy imo (not saying it's impossible). I'll also take a healthy massa over cenzo in a rematch but I don't think that happens at the dual. Penn State should win handily.

Interesting.  Pantaleo has been pinned 3 times in the past by Retherford.  What makes you think moving up a weight to challenge another NCAA champ and Hodge contender will work out better for him?  Honestly interested in the thought process.

#35 TobusRex

TobusRex

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,800 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 04:28 AM

I honestly think when he's wrestling guys outside of the top 5 or so, he just says **** it, let's see if it works and tries new stuff. He knows even if it blows up in his face, he can score more than enough points to get it back. His entire match against Bethea last year was like that and he's not a joke. But Nolf is good enough that it doesn't bite him in the ass. I am a Penn State fan (obviously) but I don't know who I enjoy watching more between he, Zain, and Nickal. All 3 are so fun to watch and all in different ways. Zain because he just punishes everyone, Nolf because he pulls of ridiculous stuff consistently, and Nickal because at any given second, he can stick anyone.  

It's great to see guys wrestling aggressively, trying to score points. That's why PSU is so fun to watch. I like to see guys working for nearfalls, working for the pin, and not just being satisfied with a dec or major.

#36 denny

denny

Gold Member

• Members
  • 5,732 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 08:01 AM

125 Drew Mattin TF over Devin Schnupp 0-5

133 Steven Micic by Maj over Corey Keener 0-9

141 Nick Lee by Maj over Sal Profaci 4-9

149 Zain by FALL over Malik Amine 10-9

157 Nolf by TF over Pantaleo 15-9

165 Cenzo by FALL over Calderone OR by Dec over Massa 21-9 since I think Massa is out

174 Hall by Dec over Myles Amine 24-9

184 Bo Nickal by FALL over Abounader 30-9

197 Cassar or Rasheed by DEC over Beazley 33-9

Hwt Coon DEC over Nevills 33-12

I bring to your attention the bout at Hwt, "Coon over Nevills." Yeah Coon is a horse, no doubt. I am thinking bout a guy or two who placed 3rd at NCAA's only to come back & tear it up at some NCAA's

that followed. 

The still real thirsty concept, if you will.

Although, Nevills has both Coon, and tOSU big guy to contend with.

Nevills has been working with the professor* all wk (& more) at just how to contend with, and overcome the full Coon.

This poster suggests - Nevills by DEC

* the professor is now a fairly large human being in his own right. So.... teaching, demonstration, and just plain rollin' round

can have/add a rather 'Coonish'  feeling to the preparation.

#37 MSU158

MSU158

Gold Member

• Members
  • 5,075 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 08:09 AM

I bring to your attention the bout at Hwt, "Coon over Nevills." Yeah Coon is a horse, no doubt. I am thinking bout a guy or two who placed 3rd at NCAA's only to come back & tear it up at some NCAA's

that followed. 

The still real thirsty concept, if you will.

Although, Nevills has both Coon, and tOSU big guy to contend with.

Nevills has been working with the professor* all wk (& more) at just how to contend with, and overcome the full Coon.

This poster suggests - Nevills by DEC

* the professor is now a fairly large human being in his own right. So.... teaching, demonstration, and just plain rollin' round

can have/add a rather 'Coonish'  feeling to the preparation.

Is this all said while ignoring that he just lost to Butler and Boykin the last time he wrestled?

#38 denny

denny

Gold Member

• Members
  • 5,732 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 09:40 AM

Is this all said while ignoring that he just lost to Butler and Boykin the last time he wrestled?

Ignoring.....you ask. No I do not ignore much about our sport.

I think that Nevills remains a top 4 guy... in a top (5or6) loaded Hwt class this season.

And losing by a total of 3 points to the two guys that you suggested ? Naw, that simply does not change 

my opinion of Mr Nevills.  

And that's the truth

Edited by denny, 11 January 2018 - 09:43 AM.

#39 MSU158

MSU158

Gold Member

• Members
  • 5,075 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 10:00 AM

Ignoring.....you ask. No I do not ignore much about our sport.

I think that Nevills remains a top 4 guy... in a top (5or6) loaded Hwt class this season.

And losing by a total of 3 points to the two guys that you suggested ? Naw, that simply does not change 

my opinion of Mr Nevills.  

And that's the truth

I am not saying he isn't going to AA, but using your lovefest snuggleword "The Professor" to make those matches irrelevant and say he is going to upset Coon is beyond a stretch in my opinion.  

#40 denny

denny

Gold Member

• Members
  • 5,732 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 10:05 AM

I am not saying he isn't going to AA, but using your lovefest snuggleword "The Professor" to make those matches irrelevant and say he is going to upset Coon is beyond a stretch in my opinion.  

Okay

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users