• Please log in to reply
234 replies to this topic

#41 hammerlockthree

hammerlockthree

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 03:13 PM

Nolf is like the Master who has learned the rules, applied them and now makes up his own

now thats a wonderful description

#42 buckshot1969

buckshot1969

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 413 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 04:05 PM

I honestly think when he's wrestling guys outside of the top 5 or so, he just says **** it, let's see if it works and tries new stuff. He knows even if it blows up in his face, he can score more than enough points to get it back. His entire match against Bethea last year was like that and he's not a joke. But Nolf is good enough that it doesn't bite him in the ass. I am a Penn State fan (obviously) but I don't know who I enjoy watching more between he, Zain, and Nickal. All 3 are so fun to watch and all in different ways. Zain because he just punishes everyone, Nolf because he pulls of ridiculous stuff consistently, and Nickal because at any given second, he can stick anyone.

Cenzo is working his way into that group and Nick Lee looks like he could get there in a year or two

#43 russelscout

russelscout

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 548 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 04:19 PM

I can see cenzo. Nick Lee just lost to another freshman. Pump dem brakes on that one.
  • rcoates1 likes this
"To use the word domination for me, we do preach that to our guys. We talk about building leads and scoring points, but when I'm talking to an audience it's almost hypacritcal in my mind. We got work to do before we get to the domination." -Tom Brands

#44 hammerlockthree

hammerlockthree

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 04:42 PM

I can see cenzo. Nick Lee just lost to another freshman. Pump dem brakes on that one.

They are fighting tooth and nail for a national title..........Lee will come out

#45 Joe24

Joe24

Silver Member

• Banned
  • 1,245 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 05:38 PM

I don't think nolf will tech pantaleo, that's getting a little greedy imo (not saying it's impossible). I'll also take a healthy massa over cenzo in a rematch but I don't think that happens at the dual. Penn State should win handily.

I think Cenzo gets a lot of disrespect. Most believe IMAR wins this year, and that Massa is 50/50 with Cenzo.  Cenzo won last year, and he has improved.  Can't say this about IMAR or Massa in regard to improvement.  Cenzo was the better wrestler in the Finals against IMAR, and I thought then--as I do now--that I would bet on Joseph against IMAR again.  IMAR always seems to get everyone's benefit of the doubt.  Simple question: who has improved more from last year, IMAR or Cenzo?

#46 Joe24

Joe24

Silver Member

• Banned
  • 1,245 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 05:41 PM

I was expecting them to pull it even without the Cortez injury

I feel bad for Cortez. He was an excellent high school talent and I think without injuries would've been a multiple time AA, but Cael needs to make the best decision for the team, and that is pretty clearly Lee.

I don't feel bad for Cortez.  I suspect his mindset is failing him most.  

#47 Joe24

Joe24

Silver Member

• Banned
  • 1,245 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 05:42 PM

Agree on Nolf. I think Cenzo just has a style that gives Massa and Imar fits. PSU wins handily. I missed the news they pulled Lee's shirt. Not surprised. They need any points they can get in an awesome team race this year.  

What nobody has noticed, apparently, is that Joseph has improved.  Can't say this about IMAR or Massa from last year.  I will take Joseph against either of them.  

#48 Joe24

Joe24

Silver Member

• Banned
  • 1,245 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 05:45 PM

Jason Nolf by pin or tech. No disrespect to Alec Pantaleo intended, it's just that Nolf is a machine and I don't think it's possible for anyone to slow the pace down enough to prevent a major at the very least. It's hard to remember when Nolf last won a match by less than a major.

Against Kemmerer who was trying to keep it close...and could, although I remember quick whistles.  Hopefully will try to win this year and keep it interesting.  Kemmerer could win if Nolf gets sloppy, but Nolf is just better.  

#49 TobusRex

TobusRex

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,800 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 05:46 PM

I think Cenzo gets a lot of disrespect. Most believe IMAR wins this year, and that Massa is 50/50 with Cenzo.  Cenzo won last year, and he has improved.  Can't say this about IMAR or Massa in regard to improvement.  Cenzo was the better wrestler in the Finals against IMAR, and I thought then--as I do now--that I would bet on Joseph against IMAR again.  IMAR always seems to get everyone's benefit of the doubt.  Simple question: who has improved more from last year, IMAR or Cenzo?

I think IMAR should've stayed at 157.

• pjm46 likes this

#50 Joe24

Joe24

Silver Member

• Banned
  • 1,245 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 05:51 PM

Jason Nolf is my favorite wrestler of the moment and so much fun to watch. The "Nolf roll" is a thing of beauty and that crazy leg-turn-tilt that he does is sorta mind-boggling. He's kind of a mat savant or something... not really funk, more like constant motion and unlimited gas tank combined with a comfort being uncomfortable in any position. It's crazy, sometimes it looks like he's drilling or experimenting or kinda screwing around out there, and I've always thought he'd get caught and pay for it but it hasn't really happened yet! 

Don't think he has even given up riding points, yet.  BigMik still probably thinks that he and Heil are equals, and that there isn't any discernable size difference between a guy like Nolf and Hall when they compete in FS.  Hey Mike, one goes 174 in Folk, the other 157.  The guy at 157 doesn't seem to cut all that much, and seems destined as a career 157.  

#51 cangemi

cangemi

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,620 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 04:55 AM

any way watch PSU MICHIGAN?

#52 kad

kad
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 05:22 AM

any way watch PSU MICHIGAN?

on BTN @ 9PM eastern.

http://news.theopenm...-jan-18th-2018/

• cangemi likes this

#53 PSUMike

PSUMike

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 05:38 AM

I'm sure I'll catch **** for this but it looked to me like Nolf was playing it a lot safer than he normally would against Kemerererer and toned down his aggression. Truthfully, I think he didn't want to show up his friend.

#54 MSU158

MSU158

Gold Member

• Members
  • 5,075 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 07:51 AM

I'm sure I'll catch **** for this but it looked to me like Nolf was playing it a lot safer than he normally would against Kemerererer and toned down his aggression. Truthfully, I think he didn't want to show up his friend.

That or he knew his friend was actually good enough to catch him in something if he went too far off the reservation.  This is DI, brothers and cousins don't take it easy on each other. High School friends almost certainly won't.

• PhiferFuqua likes this

#55 pamela

pamela

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,851 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 11:13 AM

Good question. While Imart has had plenty of motivation to train extra hard for this season, Cenzo seems to still have plenty of ceiling above him and they say that male athletes often improve the most between their freshman and sophomore years of college competition - although I don't know if that includes RS years, haha. 

#56 rcoates1

rcoates1

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 11:34 AM

I think Cenzo gets a lot of disrespect. Most believe IMAR wins this year, and that Massa is 50/50 with Cenzo. Cenzo won last year, and he has improved. Can't say this about IMAR or Massa in regard to improvement. Cenzo was the better wrestler in the Finals against IMAR, and I thought then--as I do now--that I would bet on Joseph against IMAR again. IMAR always seems to get everyone's benefit of the doubt. Simple question: who has improved more from last year, IMAR or Cenzo?

What indications suggest cenzo is more improved than IMar this year? So IMar’s 5-0 record with 4 techs and a pin lead you to believe that Cenzo’s 9-0 record with a close call vs Ebed Jarrel is showing this massive improvement over imar?

#57 hammerlockthree

hammerlockthree

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 11:42 AM

yeah thats a ridiculous statement, and roundabout way to insult nolf.

#58 buckshot1969

buckshot1969

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 413 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 01:55 PM

It looks like we'll miss half the dual while they play the last two minutes of this stupid basketball game.

• Greatdane67 likes this

#59 Greatdane67

Greatdane67

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 02:06 PM

This has 4OT written all over it!

#60 hammerlockthree

hammerlockthree

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 02:08 PM

mattin should cut this lawn gnome

Edited by hammerlockthree, 12 January 2018 - 02:08 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users