Sign in to follow this  
Aviator12

Kyle Snyder the pinning machine?

Lol, yet again ONLY the 1 loss per season matters to you.  He lost once to Askren out of how many times?  The other was an admitted early season gas out after he was comfortably in the lead.  John Smith even confirmed that and has gone on record as stating that they do not focus on conditioning until later in the season, and as a result many of his elite wrestlers have taken early season losses but have gone on to be top notch at NCAA's.

Pendleton was "Elite" his last 2 years.  You can dispute that all you want.  Dake was also elite.  If forced to choose, I would definitely pick Dake, but I wouldn't have been the least bit surprised if Pendleton took a match from him since he was very good at finishing quickly and crisply and that was the only way you were taking Dake down those last 2 seasons.

Now, you can go on and on saying that comparing them is folly.  I absolutely disagree and pointing to 1 sole loss(because the loss to Askren in NO WAY discredits him) to try to prove your point is weak at best.  Good luck with that and I will again NOT be responding to your inevitably long and garbled response to this topic as well.

Edited to add:  Unless you say something so stupid yet again that allows me to guarantee I could offer a 10k bet and win easily.

Stop trying to make excuses for Pendleton's losses. John Smith wouldn't say that he didn't train them to the point where he couldn't beat an E.K. Waldhaus (sp?) in an early season match. Dieringer didn't lose any early season matches as a senior, did he?. And yes, the Askren loss does "discredit" him to some degree. It was in the Big 12 final, and Askren was just a freshman. Askren also had another loss that year. 

Stupid bet and you are a very untrustworthy person. It's sad that you have to resort to dishonesty to make your nonsensical points. 

Untrustworthy?  How.  I will gladly send my 10k to a 3rd party to hold in escrow until said bet is finalized.  Your rants are almost unreadable.  I can stomach a short paragraph or 2, but when I saw how long that post was I literally just scrolled down to the the next response on the topic.  That is 100% accurate.

I can tell you with absolute certainty that anyone that knows me well would not say I am untrustworthy and that includes everyone that didn't or doesn't like me.  I am sure they can come up with other negative things that I can't argue against, but untrustworthy isn't one of them.

Untrustworthy?  How.  I will gladly send my 10k to a 3rd party to hold in escrow until said bet is finalized.  Your rants are almost unreadable.  I can stomach a short paragraph or 2, but when I saw how long that post was I literally just scrolled down to the the next response on the topic.  That is 100% accurate.

I can tell you with absolute certainty that anyone that knows me well would not say I am untrustworthy and that includes everyone that didn't or doesn't like me.  I am sure they can come up with other negative things that I can't argue against, but untrustworthy isn't one of them.

Yes, it is MSU158. And I don't even have to go that far, you have engaged in dishonest actions on this very board. You misrepresent my positions so consistently that it has to be purposeful. 

Yes, it is MSU158. And I don't even have to go that far, you have engaged in dishonest actions on this very board. You misrepresent my positions so consistently that it has to be purposeful. 

LOL, now that was funny.  Maybe your positions are so weak that they are hard not for you to perceive them as being misrepresented.

Finally, you are all over the place here.  You can't stay on topic and literally bounce all over the place.  This whole conversation is pointless and now I will officially bounce out of this so that everyone else isn't stuck reading this mess.

However, I still reserve the right to come back on if you do in fact accept the bet.  That bet would be one of, if not, the easiest bets I would/will/have ever won!

LOL, now that was funny.  Maybe your positions are so weak that they are hard not for you to perceive them as being misrepresented.

Finally, you are all over the place here.  You can't stay on topic and literally bounce all over the place.  This whole conversation is pointless and now I will officially bounce out of this so that everyone else isn't stuck reading this mess.

However, I still reserve the right to come back on if you do in fact accept the bet.  That bet would be one of, if not, the easiest bets I would/will/have ever won!

No, you literally misrepresented my words. This is a matter of fact, not opinion. You may "win" the bet in a technical sense, but that's only because lie detector tests are largely useless, that has been proven on many occasions. You probably already know that. 

It was worth the 10k for me to break rank on that.  Are you willing to make that bet?  Or, are you going to change the subject yet again?

Edited to add:It was the last comment on the exact topic.  You have a tendency to rant and go off topic and try to bring up old arguments that have nothing to do with the argument to try to misdirect.  I reserve the right to make a quick correction on those before also bowing out to your inevitable last word.

In each case I also reserve the right to offer a 10k bet each time your ridiculousness needs to be 100% shut down.

Why would the mere offer of a 10k bet shut my "ridiculousness" down? What on earth are you talking about? You can't shut anything down with lies and nonsensical arguments.

Pins count for the Hodge.  As do quality wins.  Because you can't reason, you attack the person rather than the argument.  You sound like one of those NJ  fools who possesses an inferiority complex because deep down you know you don't measure up to either PA or New York.   A bit like your idiotic overweight bully governor who has the lowest ratings in American history.  

Nah, sorry, you are a whack job. While your analysis as how they give the Hodge is true, saying Snyder isn't the best wrestler is just whacked.

You are so full of it and you actually think most on here think you know what you are talking about.  You ALWAYS pick the worst match of someone's year or career to use it to gauge that person.  That is the WEAKEST argument possible.  Ignore all of the positives and focus on one sole result.  Should we then judge Snyder solely off getting pinned by Gadson with relative ease?

Also, I didn't SAY Retherford is better.  I said there is at least an argument that could be made.  Also, Snyder was ridden a full period by a far inferior Jenson(see I used your 1 match logic), so it could be said that it would be MUCH MORE likely that Retherford would ride out Snyder.

Finally, in regards to Dean, I believed his style was enough to slow down Snyder and make it hard for him to get to his offense.  I wasn't saying that Dean was clearly better or would definitely beat Snyder.  You can run your mouth on that comment all you want, but NOTHING you could say could prove that fact wrong.

Now, I am not going to go back and forth with you because you go right past stubborn to obnoxiously obtuse.  In fact, you make BigTenFanBoy look like a guy that doesn't like to argue.  You can go on thinking you are all knowledgeable and never wrong, but that doesn't actually make it so.

Feel free to get the last word in, we all KNOW you have to..................

Nah, every year, up until the big show, folkstyle folks on this board just say the dumbest things. The quality wrestling posts don't happen consistently until late February into March.

Nah, every year, up until the big show, folkstyle folks on this board just say the dumbest things. The quality wrestling posts don't happen consistently until late February into March.

Is it always this catty in January, though, or is it just this year? I seem to remember the catty stuff filling this kind of space in Sept-Oct. 

You couldn't even recognize Mark Hall's folkstyle talent, remember that? You, like MSU158, are oftentimes wrong and you don't even realize it. Don't you agree with MSU158 that it is hard to tell who was better between Chris Pendleton and Kyle Dake in their last two years even though Dake was undefeated and Pendleton lost matches as a junior and senior? Also, you believed, against all the evidence, that Taylor was a "better wrestler" than Dake. Remember that? 

Btw, those contemporaries of St. John were also two of the best ncaa wrestlers ever too. 

rambling nonsense....