• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#21 maolsen

maolsen

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 11:13 AM

Four pins over zero ranked guys. Snyder does not deserve Hodge consideration. He is far, far from being the best *folkstyle* wrestler this year or any year. His freestyle and international results are irrelevant.

In Folkstyle, he is a 3 time finalist, 2 time champ. He will most likely add his 3rd title this year. His folkstyle accolades put him in the top tier. Just because he isn't a pinning machine, doesnt mean he is not in the top tier of folkstyle greats.

#22 NJWC

NJWC

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 11:36 AM

In Folkstyle, he is a 3 time finalist, 2 time champ. He will most likely add his 3rd title this year. His folkstyle accolades put him in the top tier. Just because he isn't a pinning machine, doesnt mean he is not in the top tier of folkstyle greats.

You're replying to yet another Pa whack job. They can't comprehend how anything or anyone can be better than their heroes. They're creepy.
  • sgallan likes this

#23 dmm53

dmm53

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 11:52 AM

You're replying to yet another Pa whack job. They can't comprehend how anything or anyone can be better than their heroes. They're creepy.

Pins count for the Hodge.  As do quality wins.  Because you can't reason, you attack the person rather than the argument.  You sound like one of those NJ  fools who possesses an inferiority complex because deep down you know you don't measure up to either PA or New York.   A bit like your idiotic overweight bully governor who has the lowest ratings in American history.  

#24 BigTenFanboy

BigTenFanboy

Gold Member

• Members
  • 5,004 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 11:54 AM

Pins count for the Hodge. As do quality wins. Because you can't reason, you attack the person rather than the argument. You sound like one of those NJ fools who possesses an inferiority complex because deep down you know you don't measure up to either PA or New York. A bit like your idiotic overweight bully governor who has the lowest ratings in American history.

I feel like Chris Christie has been NJ Governor forever...

But the dude can dance!

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=3A2IXsB7C0Q

Edited by BigTenFanboy, 09 January 2018 - 11:55 AM.

• TheOhioState likes this

#25 BobbyGribbs

BobbyGribbs

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 12:04 PM

I see a ton of naysayers against Snyder for some odd reason. I do like Nolf and Zain but one thing I want to say is all 3 are worthy but what makes Snyder impressive is he is at 220 in a heavy weight division....he is giving up some serious weight. He is wrestling nobody his weight. He dominates these big guys and he does it with skill and strength.
  • TheOhioState likes this

#26 maolsen

maolsen

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 12:08 PM

Dmm53, you said that Snyder is far far from being the best "Folkstyle" wrestler this year or any year did you not? That is one of the most ridiculous statements I have ever read on here. No Snyder is not the most well rounded folkstyler, but because of how good he is, well his accolades in both folkstyle and freestyle speak for themselves. You can argue that he isnt in the same tier as the 4 timers, in folkstyle, but he is as close as it gets.
  • josefsmoe likes this

#27 NJWC

NJWC

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 12:39 PM

Pins count for the Hodge. As do quality wins. Because you can't reason, you attack the person rather than the argument. You sound like one of those NJ fools who possesses an inferiority complex because deep down you know you don't measure up to either PA or New York. A bit like your idiotic overweight bully governor who has the lowest ratings in American history.

I don't live in Nj, but have lived in Nj. As a state, in just about every quantifiable data available, it has it all over the WT cousin to the west. Income per household, per capita, major advantage NJ.
Public education ratings, major advantage Nj. Average education per resident, NJ.
PA has great areas, but the volume of uneducated WT in that state is enough reason to not be there.

#28 sgallan

sgallan

Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • 29,915 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 12:57 PM

I like to see it, and it may actually help put him over the top for the Hodge. But, I don't see it going very far at NCAA's. His style still isn't one that generates nearfall at a high rate and from the quarterfinals on he most likely won't see opponents that will go straight to their back off a snatch single. Still, the focus is a major step in the right direction if tOSU wants to knock off PSU.

This. He might get an extra point or two in the first two rounds and that will be that. Though that 1-2 points could make the difference.

#29 BigTenFanboy

BigTenFanboy

Gold Member

• Members
  • 5,004 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 01:01 PM

Snyder may not pin or tech everyone at NCAA'S but I could see him majoring everyone after the round of 12 for the sake of the team.

#30 TheOhioState

TheOhioState

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,419 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 01:33 PM

What's the over/under on the number of pins Kyle Snyder accumulates at Big Tens and Nationals this year?

#31 ThorsteinV

ThorsteinV
  • Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 01:39 PM

Pins count for the Hodge.  As do quality wins.  Because you can't reason, you attack the person rather than the argument.  You sound like one of those NJ  fools who possesses an inferiority complex because deep down you know you don't measure up to either PA or New York.   A bit like your idiotic overweight bully governor who has the lowest ratings in American history.  

You do realize in your diatribe against ad hominem attacks, you called someone a fool and referred to another as an idiot? In describing the latter as a bully, you invoked their physical appearance; ironically, bullies commonly make fun of others for being overweight.  

#32 Billyhoyle

Billyhoyle

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,336 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 02:09 PM

Four pins over zero ranked guys.   Snyder does not deserve Hodge consideration.   He is far, far from being the best *folkstyle* wrestler this year or any year.  His freestyle and international results are irrelevant.  

He is easily the best folkstyle wrestler in the NCAA.  That doesn't mean he deserves the hodge though.  

#33 Housebuye

Housebuye

Gold Member

• Members
  • 4,462 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 02:09 PM

Snyder may not pin or tech everyone at NCAA'S but I could see him majoring everyone after the round of 12 for the sake of the team.

He will bonus everyone he wrestles this season

#34 Housebuye

Housebuye

Gold Member

• Members
  • 4,462 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 02:10 PM

What's the over/under on the number of pins Kyle Snyder accumulates at Big Tens and Nationals this year?

I’d say 3

#35 TobusRex

TobusRex

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,799 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 02:16 PM

Something tells me that a guy with several World golds around his neck doesn't worry too much about the Hodge Award.

• denger, treep2000 and ThorsteinV like this

#36 AMastrandrea

AMastrandrea
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 02:17 PM

Four pins over zero ranked guys.   Snyder does not deserve Hodge consideration.   He is far, far from being the best *folkstyle* wrestler this year or any year.  His freestyle and international results are irrelevant.  

Which PSU guy has gone 2-1-1 the last 3 NCAAs, again?

• josefsmoe likes this

#37 Housebuye

Housebuye

Gold Member

• Members
  • 4,462 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 02:18 PM

Something tells me that a guy with several World golds around his neck doesn't worry too much about the Hodge Award.

You are probably right. The guy is so level headed. I’d be pissed if I were him, but I’m also not an Olympic champion. I have won a wrestling match however.

#38 TobusRex

TobusRex

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,799 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 02:23 PM

Nolf! Do I win a cookie?

#39 Housebuye

Housebuye

Gold Member

• Members
  • 4,462 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 02:26 PM

Nolf! Do I win a cookie?

Uh he is a junior...although come late March this is a very likely scenario

#40 BigTenFanboy

BigTenFanboy

Gold Member

• Members
  • 5,004 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 02:32 PM

Uh... no one. Zain has been 5-1-1, Nolf is 2-1, Joseph 1, Hall is 1, and Nickal is 2-1.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users