Sign in to follow this  
Gantry

Carson Kuhn to PSU

The haterade is strong. Ohio State gets a new 141 and a new 165, both AA caliber, and you are worried about Carson Kuhn. Lol.

Not worried, but the noose is getting tighter.

It's great to see!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Let's not forget Hochstrasser in this discussion. He was great, and sure fun to watch. He had his mission after his freshman year. He was also Kuhn's coach at Boise, for whatever that's worth.

If healthy--which is a big if--Kuhn could be the difference-maker in Cleveland. 

Plus, you are talking about DI wrestling.  You don't take 2 years off and just walk back in.  It is much more than just rust.  Muscle memory, natural instincts, wrestling fitness, assimilating into class load and school requirements.

Matt Brown was a very rare person.  His discipline and physical fitness were incredible. Plus, he had a ridiculous room around his weight to, either get better quickly, or realize DI wrestling wasn't for him.

Edited by MSU158

Who are the 3 NCAA CHAMPS he beat?

NO doubt he has some skills. I wish he  would have spent more time in our room before hitting the Big10 schedule.. Best of luck Carson  WELCOME TO PSU!

This tells me Carl is nervous.

It tells me Cael is reasonable

I want tOSU to beat PSU, so no this isn't me being a PSU homer. 

A rational coach will always try to have the best team possible. This is even more important in a year where you are a title contender. 

Of course Cael is concerned about losing to tOSU. I am sure he believes PSU will win, but there is risk there. He needs to reduce that risk to the best of his ability. 

This limits the damage, an older kid with some experience who was at OTC. SlayBaugh was their only other option and obviously he’s not ready.

It sucks we don’t have Suriano and this doesn’t make up for it but it at least it’s an answer.

Seems like he's been hampered with injuries for pretty much his entire college wrestling career, running up until last preseason. Has there been any word on what the injury/injuries were and if he's good to go now?

I can't wait for a busy off-season to see who transfers to the big 4 to keep them in contention for an NCAA title. TOSU doesn't have to have a rebuild year, they could just reload.

They should just do what is done on youth forums for big off-season dual events.

"Fill in the blank top 4 teams....we are fielding a very competitive team for the 2018-19 NCAA tournament but are in need for a fill in the weights...both semester enrollment isn't necessary, you don't even have to wrestle all matches".

"Email blank coach.edu to secure your spot".

Who needs to recruit.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I can't wait for a busy off-season to see who transfers to the big 4 to keep them in contention for an NCAA title. TOSU doesn't have to have a rebuild year, they could just reload.

They should just do what is done on youth forums for big off-season dual events.

"Fill in the blank top 4 teams....we are fielding a very competitive team for the 2018-19 NCAA tournament but are in need for a fill in the weights...both semester enrollment isn't necessary, you don't even have to wrestle all matches".

"Email blank coach.edu to secure your spot".

Who needs to recruit.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Not trying to start an argument, maybe I’m not getting what you’re saying but TOSU loses 3 big hammers next year. McKenna done too?

PSU loses Keener and ZR plus now Kuhn.

I know TOSU has recruited well but I’m pretty comfortable with what PSU has next season.

Not trying to start an argument, maybe I’m not getting what you’re saying but TOSU loses 3 big hammers next year. McKenna done too?

PSU loses Keener and ZR plus now Kuhn.

I know TOSU has recruited well but I’m pretty comfortable with what PSU has next season.

next year is a long way away--this time last year I felt very comfortable with what PSU had this year--but then NS changed everything.. just saying 

next year is a long way away--this time last year I felt very comfortable with what PSU had this year--but then NS changed everything.. just saying 

They have RBY and Teasdale coming in to cover Keener and 125. Lee, Berge, or Verkleeren can cover 149. Likely Lee at 141 and Berge at 149. The rest stands pat. I have no issue with that line up although I would rather see the freshman get a RS year, Teasdale in particular. 

They have RBY and Teasdale coming in to cover Keener and 125. Lee, Berge, or Verkleeren can cover 149. Likely Lee at 141 and Berge at 149. The rest stands pat. I have no issue with that line up although I would rather see the freshman get a RS year, Teasdale in particular. 

Dont forget Brody Teske