• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

#81 WillieBoy

WillieBoy

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,521 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 01:52 PM

I agree, it is a tough situation, but don't call us a cult. I served a two year mission for the LDS church and it was a great experience.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Glad it was a great experience. Does not change the facts. Many Religious Studies courses in Universities have more than one section on mormonism as a Cult. I'll stay with that as it is real. More real than The Three Nephites and Bishop Coyle's Dream Mine. As real as the church accepting a slave as payment of Tithing while Brigham Young was President or Spencer Kimball saying Lamanites(Amerian Indians) who join the church start turning white.

As for Joseph Smith being a noted wrestler, we'll have to ask Mark Schultz about that as he is supposed to have done his Master's Thesis on it.

A two year missionary tour - LDS or other - where they can't really work out for the sport is not good for the wrestling career.

• dubs likes this

#82 TobusRex

TobusRex

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,679 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 02:11 PM

Daily schedule for missionary: 6:30 wakeup, 6:30-10- prayer, breakfast/shower/plan your day (30 minutes), personal scripture study (60 minutes), exercise (30 minutes), 10am-9pm- teach/proselyte/try to convert, study with missionary companion (30-60 minutes), language study if necessary (30-60 minutes), lunch (30 minutes), dinner (60 minutes), 9:00pm- back to apartment, 9-9:30 journal, personal scripture study, prayer 10:00pm- bed

Now, they do log plenty of steps walking around town or burning calories on their bikes, but never the time to truly train.  However, they do have 1 night throughout the week that around 7pm, they have recreation time.  This is usually reserved for laundry/groceries/playing basketball in the church's gym

6:30-10 - "prayer". Well, that's certainly time well spent.

#83 dubs

dubs

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 02:46 PM

Doesn’t change the facts? The only fact here, Willie, is that you’re an efftard. A cult lol, go take another Religious Studies course. Or better yet, take your libelous ass to some Mormon societies for a week or two and find out the “facts” for yourself.

This isn’t the mid to late 1800’s and practices aren’t the same

#84 TBar1977

TBar1977

Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • 12,580 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 02:49 PM

Glad it was a great experience. Does not change the facts. Many Religious Studies courses in Universities have more than one section on mormonism as a Cult. I'll stay with that as it is real. More real than The Three Nephites and Bishop Coyle's Dream Mine. As real as the church accepting a slave as payment of Tithing while Brigham Young was President or Spencer Kimball saying Lamanites(Amerian Indians) who join the church start turning white.

As for Joseph Smith being a noted wrestler, we'll have to ask Mark Schultz about that as he is supposed to have done his Master's Thesis on it.

A two year missionary tour - LDS or other - where they can't really work out for the sport is not good for the wrestling career.

Universities teach a lot of stoopit shyt these days. 

Penn State - NCAA Champions 7 of the last 8 Years

#85 Eagle26

Eagle26

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 624 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 02:58 PM

Not sure how we got onto the Teasdale topic, but you gotta laugh at all the posters that think they can predict the future college careers of high school wrestlers. I like to think I can see that a kid has a lot of potential too, but the truth is you never really know. We have seen countless examples of "sure thing" recruits that never pan out, and walk ons that AA. Really the biggest factors are work ethic and attitude, but unless you know the kid personally, you can't be sure about that. 

#86 BigTenFanboy

BigTenFanboy

Gold Member

• Members
  • 4,945 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 03:20 PM

Kids with good offense have more upside. Sure. But kids who aren’t old for their grade and extremely exposed to the absolute best coaching and competition possible for their age also have more upside.

From your examples, I’d be much more excited about Austin Desanto’s upside than Gavin Teasdale’s. He’s less of a finished product.

Just out of curiosity, what's your opinion on Spencer Lee's upside? He and Gavin have been training together for years and exposed to the same coaching throughout their youth.

#87 hammerlockthree

hammerlockthree

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,438 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 03:36 PM

he should go d3

#88 WillieBoy

WillieBoy

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,521 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 03:46 PM

Doesn’t change the facts? The only fact here, Willie, is that you’re an efftard. A cult lol, go take another Religious Studies course. Or better yet, take your libelous ass to some Mormon societies for a week or two and find out the “facts” for yourself.

This isn’t the mid to late 1800’s and practices aren’t the same

So you don't believe what "The Lord's Servants, The Prophets" teach? Maybe you don't believe Joseph Smith was killed in a gunfight after drinking wine the night before?

Might as well stand in a circle, women veil their faces and chant "Pay Lay Ale" for giggles.

One D1 NCAA champ to date has been a former cult recruiter. Cael was smart enough to concentrate on wrestling and good enough as a coach to get Brown to the top. He did it, not L-d$,inc. And it is a Corporation - a Corporation Sole. One man controls the whole thing. One man who, along with his 12 stooges and 2 counselors dumped wrestling and men's gymnastics at BYU. Cowards - each and every one of them who even try to dictate what underwear you have on. Maybe I should offer you a quarter for your signs and tokens - it is more than you will get anywhere else. Or should I check on Ted Bundy or Adolf Hitler - baptized into L-d$, inc now. Old Adolf even has Eva Braun sealed to him a wife "for all eternity".  Not just a CULT - a farce.

#89 xander

xander

Gold Member

• Members
  • 4,959 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 04:23 PM

Did any of the Sandersons take missions?
Tony Clifton

#90 hammerlockthree

hammerlockthree

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,438 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 04:37 PM

cole i think

Edited by hammerlockthree, 11 January 2018 - 04:38 PM.

#91 nyum

nyum

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 05:44 PM

Count me as another poster who served a two year mission for the LDS Church. A great experience for life. But not a lot of positives for physical fitness and more specifically wrestling. You come back worse and are left playing catch up.

#92 wrestlingnerd

wrestlingnerd

Gold Member

• Members
  • 7,727 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 06:25 PM

Just out of curiosity, what's your opinion on Spencer Lee's upside? He and Gavin have been training together for years and exposed to the same coaching throughout their youth.

I think he has the talent to win this year and will be a multi-time champ. Lots of upside. They're just on a different level athletically and technically. 

#93 TBar1977

TBar1977

Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • 12,580 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 10:47 PM

So you don't believe what "The Lord's Servants, The Prophets" teach? Maybe you don't believe Joseph Smith was killed in a gunfight after drinking wine the night before?

Might as well stand in a circle, women veil their faces and chant "Pay Lay Ale" for giggles.

One D1 NCAA champ to date has been a former cult recruiter. Cael was smart enough to concentrate on wrestling and good enough as a coach to get Brown to the top. He did it, not L-d$,inc. And it is a Corporation - a Corporation Sole. One man controls the whole thing. One man who, along with his 12 stooges and 2 counselors dumped wrestling and men's gymnastics at BYU. Cowards - each and every one of them who even try to dictate what underwear you have on. Maybe I should offer you a quarter for your signs and tokens - it is more than you will get anywhere else. Or should I check on Ted Bundy or Adolf Hitler - baptized into L-d$, inc now. Old Adolf even has Eva Braun sealed to him a wife "for all eternity".  Not just a CULT - a farce.

Universities are corporations too, and they are sucking money out of the economy at rates that make most religions blush. Some say they are a religion unto themselves, and they have a 96 percent voting block for one political party. Can't get any more cult like than that. 

• cjc007 likes this

#94 cjc007

cjc007

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,158 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 11:25 PM

Universities are corporations too, and they are sucking money out of the economy at rates that make most religions blush. Some say they are a religion unto themselves, and they have a 96 percent voting block for one political party. Can't get any more cult like than that.

At least you finally admit of the existence of the Cult of Paterno.

Good job T-bar. We Are!!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

#95 TBar1977

TBar1977

Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • 12,580 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 12:14 AM

At least you finally admit of the existence of the Cult of Paterno.

Good job T-bar. We Are!!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Lol. That is what you got out of my post? Troll rating 2.25 out of 10. 

#96 KTG119

KTG119

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,317 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 03:47 AM

cole i think

don't think Cole did a mission. wrestled in dapper dan in '96, then '98 thru '01 started for ISU. I'm assuming '97 was RS year. 

Edited by KTG119, 12 January 2018 - 03:48 AM.

#97 RichB

RichB

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 668 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 03:48 AM

Hard to call a 200 year old, 15,000,000+ member, $15,000,000,000+ asset religion in a CULT. But looking from the outside(Deist, Agnostic, non-believer, Gaianist, FSM) I can see why many Christians call it a non-Christian Religion. When they added, a new book, the New-Testament, to the Torah, Christians became  non-Jews to Jews. The Quran, meant, Muslims are neither Christians or Jews. So the Book of Mormon can be considered non-Christian, Just a 5th or 6th major Abrahamic Religion (Zoroasterism recognized Abraham, Noah, Adam, etc .Manichism had some similarities to Zoroasterism, was once a huge religion, but is now essentially extinct) 

I keep reading that a Mormon Mission is 104 straight weeks consisting of 109 hours of faith, 56 hours of sleep, and 3 hours of "me time" But I also remember articles on Mitt Romney showing that during his mission to France, he liked to go to the beach and sculpt in the sand, or with rocks love notes to his fiance. Pretty sure he was not doing that 7-10pm Friday nights. Even so, while running or doing calisthenics, one can simultaneously pray. Heck I usually solved my most difficult computer programming problems while running or biking.  

#98 TobusRex

TobusRex

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,679 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 03:58 AM

Chill, y'all.

#99 WillieBoy

WillieBoy

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,521 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 05:51 AM

Cole Sanderson served after he wrestled. If memory is correct he went to Russia or one of the nearby nations. Contracted and illness and had to come home for treatment. Happens to too many of the kids who go as many don't get quality medical treatment while there.

As for those here who spent their two years recruiting for the cult. Tell me, when did you break it to your "investigators" that the Book of Mormon came from a guy who put a magic peepstone in a hat and God made the words appear in the dark on the rock?

How about Joseph Smith's 30-40 wives? Including 14 year olds and 11 of them still married to legal husbands? One Joe sent to Palestine to dedicate the land for the Return of The Jews(not Jedi) and Joe "married" Orson Hyde's wife while he was gone - while still legally married to Orson who resumed married life with her when he returned?

Cult is being kind as it is controlling in most every way with magic underwear, secret handshakes, secret names, sexual questioning of kids by adults without parental supervision, subjugation of women as second class people - the list goes on.

Still waiting for info on Joseph Smith as a wrestler so we know reality. Paging Mark Schultz...???

#100 BigTenFanboy

BigTenFanboy

Gold Member

• Members
  • 4,945 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 02:58 PM

When will we see Carson Kuhn debut for PSU?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users