• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

#121 WillieBoy

WillieBoy

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,498 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 01:52 AM

It's time to end "Mormon redshirts". Big unfair advantage.

Can you show us just where it is an advantage? Am open to this but I don't think you can do it.

Edited by WillieBoy, 05 February 2018 - 01:54 AM.

#122 1032004

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 360 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 02:18 AM

You can't really improve much on gas tank at this point in the season. It is what it is. With Kuhn, it might be the cutting though.

It was his first match in 2 years, of course he can improve his conditioning in 4 weeks.   Especially considering the fact that he's married with a kid and likely was not training that intensely, I bet he can improve his gas tank pretty quickly.  Now, will he do much at NCAA's if he even makes it, who knows.

Edited by 1032004, 05 February 2018 - 02:19 AM.

#123 pamela

pamela

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,819 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 06:09 AM

It was his first match in 2 years, of course he can improve his conditioning in 4 weeks. Especially considering the fact that he's married with a kid and likely was not training that intensely, I bet he can improve his gas tank pretty quickly. Now, will he do much at NCAA's if he even makes it, who knows.

Kuhn had been training since last summer when Cael contacted him and set the transfer in motion. I know that's not the same as being in the PSU wrestling room, but he wasn't exactly starting from zero either. His conditioning may improve over the next 25 days or so but that's not much time and I think the gains will probably be marginal relative to where he needs to be.

This is all based on what we saw of his gas tank in just one match though, so grain of salt and all that. I mostly think Kuhn will be a fine contributor if he can stay injury-free and manage his weight.

#124 KTG119

KTG119

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,284 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 06:37 AM

Kuhn's performance in this dual was impressive, and ultimately huge in the team win. That said, I'm not reading too much into it as far as predicting that he'll be a factor at B1G or qualify for NCAAs. Need more data.   

Edited by KTG119, 05 February 2018 - 06:40 AM.

#125 JeanGuy

JeanGuy
  • Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 06:40 AM

Seems like there are times when the gas tank goes empty due to the largeness of an event. First match with the place on fire and maybe just to hyped. Of course his next match is in the Jordan Center with lights and smoke etc against Spencer Lee of Iowa.

He might not be able to keep his adrenaline under control for that one either. 

#126 pamela

pamela

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,819 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 06:51 AM

Senior Day too, I think.

#127 ERBPAC

ERBPAC
  • Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 07:41 AM

I remember there was a match a couple years ago where carson Kuhn wrestled tyler cox (couldn't find the match on flo unfortunately) and gassed big time late in the match after getting a pretty big lead early. I know n=2 in this case but this isn't the first time Kuhn has gassed late in a match.

#128 Yellow_Medal

Yellow_Medal

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 08:56 AM

I remember there was a match a couple years ago where carson Kuhn wrestled tyler cox (couldn't find the match on flo unfortunately) and gassed big time late in the match after getting a pretty big lead early. I know n=2 in this case but this isn't the first time Kuhn has gassed late in a match.

Here it is. It's from their dual in Rock Springs. I remember watching it live. Kuhn gassed, but Cox also went on a tear at the end. Kuhn hits the same headlock he threw at Nato at 6:12 in the vid. 

https://www.flowrest...son-kuhn-bsumov

#129 Idaho

Idaho

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,352 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 03:10 PM

Why was Kuhn not wrestling first semester if he has been working out there since last summer? BSU dropped the program and the kids were given transfers to any school without penalty. 

#130 BigTenFanboy

BigTenFanboy

Gold Member

• Members
  • 4,765 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 03:13 PM

Why was Kuhn not wrestling first semester if he has been working out there since last summer? BSU dropped the program and the kids were given transfers to any school without penalty.

I don't think he started grad school until the spring semester.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users