Sign in to follow this  
ocho

Coolest Wrestling Memoribilia

What are some of the most interesting wrestling items you possess?

Mine include An Autgraphed Cael Sanderson Iowa State Singlet, wheaties box and Olympic poster. Autographed Dan Gable T shirt and Photo. Autrographed Jordan Burroughs Olympic Photo.

I have a PINK size large T-shirt from Baumgartner's Heavyweight School worn by Steven Neal during a practice session signed by Baumgartner, Neal, Gaffarri, Greenlee, Erickson, Keck and more for trading Neal a black t-shirt with a lime green cockroach (from my freshman year of high school wrestling that our coach designed because we "didn't have any Indians at our school and the cockroach was our true mascot) AND buying a poster of Baumgartner throwing Erickson and asking Erickson to sign it. Erickson looked at me, then the rest of the coaches and clininicans who were smiling and smirking, signed it then almost choked me out before I got away and took off. At 3AM I was found, woken from my bed and made to run around a tree for 30 mins...I miss those good old days :)

1947 NCAA Original 'Official Program" , Also an original set of the "printed" brackets which my dad and Bill Koll's mother filled out. Dad drove Bill's Mom over to Ill, to see the tournament.

The program was priced at $.25 ... Back in that day.

A good "story" item I have:

Gables book "coaching youth wrestling"

I asked him to sign it and write "good luck" to my son (inside the front cover)

Gable instead signs it "make your own luck" and proceeds to lecture me that there is no luck in wrestling

I have many signed singlets, posters, shirts, and shoes (gable, Varner,Sanderson,j Peterson , b Peterson, rulon, t n t brands, Carr, and Krieger, blubach)

I have one shoe signed by Varner and Dallas herbst (herbst defeated Varner in midlands finals)

One of my wrestlers went to an Iowa camp and brought me one of Metcalf's headgear signed by Tom Brands, Brent Metcalf, Mark Perry, Doug Schwab, Phil Keddy, Mike Zadick,and Joe Johnston. Also have signed posters from Zeke Jones, Dan Gable, and Cael Sanderson.

I have a bunch of things, most notable are a couple of one time use UNI singlets that were auctioned off. I won Tyson Reiner's and David Bonin's.

However, the thing in my collection-most of it is UNI stuff-that will always stand out is that for every year that I have been going to UNI meets I've always collected the programs and ticket stubs from the event. The entire 2007-2008 season, though, is missing as I didn't file it away for the year prior to June, and in June of 2008 my home was flooded, so I lost all of that memorabilia from that season (the other years were upstairs, filed away).

That missing year will always serve as an empty reminder of the terrible experience.

1947 NCAA Original 'Official Program" , Also an original set of the "printed" brackets which my dad and Bill Koll's mother filled out. Dad drove Bill's Mom over to Ill, to see the tournament.

The program was priced at $.25 ... Back in that day.

Wire,

Please email me at dmsolutions4u@live.com if you have a moment.

Thanks.

Jim Brown

I am really just getting started. I only have a couple of things - a Big 12 program rom 2006 signed by Trent and Travis Paulsen, as well as Cael. An autographed Cael Sanderson photo. I was tempted to draw on glasses , a beard and a mustache a couple of years ago, but then thought better of it. Still I keep the Sharpie handy.

I have a signed handkerchief from Matt Gfarri (I know I am butchering that last name).

A Cael Sanderson unopened can of soup (yes he was on a can of soup)

A Melvin Douglas signed tshirt from the USA-Kansas 96 state wrestling championships

2 NCAA D2 Championship team rings (2002 and 2003)

A John Smith is My Homeboy Shirt

I am sure I have other stuff...just don't remember.

I gave a few things away years ago when it seemed like health problems would get the best of me. But with that now in the past I have a (repaired) hole in the wall of my home gym from a few guys goofing around. Two were national champs with one now coaching in the B10.

An autograph AP photo of Cary Kolat beating Roger Chandler in the NCAA finals along with an autographed 142 program bracket from the same year. A fifth place finish in the team race that year. Ahh, the good old days for LHU wrestling. Hope they return!

I have a few things.

I was the matboy at the '95 WTT in Philly, so I got to sit very close to the corners and I have a picture of Gable talking to Brands I took. I had it blown up to poster size and made copies for Gable and Brands. Gable signed it for me when he came to give a speech at our banquet in 2007.

From the same tournament I have an Iowa hat with autographs from:

Troy and Terry Steiner

Terry and Tom Brands

John Smith

Dan Gable

Matt Demaray

Townsend Saunders

I have a handwritten letter from Cael expressing thanks for a note I sent from my family welcoming him to PA.

Since I am the director of marketing/social media for a camp here in PA (not Chertow) I was able to get the 2011-2012 PSU team to sign a camp bag to my mother-in-law for her 60th birthday.