Sign in to follow this  
ocho

Coolest Wrestling Memoribilia

I wonder if McDonough's headgear is going to be a hot collector's item.

heard it was seized by the department of health......ruanchiest head gear I ever saw.

I wonder if McDonough's headgear is going to be a hot collector's item.

heard it was seized by the department of health......ruanchiest head gear I ever saw.

They might find a cure for previously incurable diseases on it though. Just think, all we've been waiting for is a wrestler to come along who's equipment was so filthy that he accidentally would discover a form of filth that could kill other filth.

I have a pair of Soviet-era (1970's) wrestling shoes with leather soles.

I had a pair just like them that I traded a Nike bag for them when the Russian team wrestled in SoCal. Those were the best shoes ever.

I have autographed cards of Dan Gable, Rulon Gardner, Cael Sanderson, Barry Davis and Jim Zalesky. I also have an autographed poster of John Smith and one of Kerry McCoy. A nebraska media guide autographed by Mark Manning. I have a number of autographs of coaches from the last 10 years. It's amazing what you can get when you send a nicely worded fan email to the coaches school email addresses. In high school I got in to sending cards through the mail to get autographed by different sports figures and found that college coaches often times respond to those requests through emails, which was cool and saved on stamps. lol

When I was in seventh grade, I attended a United States of America Vs Russia dual meet at Drake University in Des Moines, Iowa. At the event they were selling a few professional wrestling items, including a book about the life of Lou Thesz. I picked up the book and began looking at it. The woman behind the table selling the merchandise asked me if I knew who Lou Thesz was. I told her that of course I did. She came around to the front of the table where my Dad and I were and asked us to follow her. She led us up to the stands where Lou was sitting. As a 11 year old kid, I got to sit next to and talk with Lou for almost the entire dual meet. He signed my media guide for me and was extremely talkative and friendly to me the entire time. I'll never forget it. Lou's been gone for 11 years now, and I still own that media guide with his autograph on it. Consider it to be pretty cool memorabilia.

At the team trials in St. Paul, Minnesota in 2002, I sat next to Jim Gruenwald's wife. In between his matches he would come up to the stands to speak with her. He took the time to speak with me, and sign some stuff for me as well. Very awesome guy in so many of ways. He gave me some t-shirts and some other nicknacks, that I still have stored away at my Dad's today.

David Bolyard of Central Michigan wrote me a personal letter and signed a poster for me, that I still have hanging in my room at my Dad's house. In the letter is advice that I still live by to this day, "Hard work isn't the key to success. Everybody works hard. The key is to work harder than everybody else" Johnny Thompson signed a poster for me that is hanging in my room at my Dad's as well.

Cael Sanderson bobble head doll and Wheaties box, as well as a T-shirt with all of the Iowa State varsity wrestlers from the 2001 squad. I actually have a lot of Iowa State memorabilia as one of the wrestlers on the team, was on my Dad's slow pitch softball team during the summer in between his junior and senior years.

If I think long enough, I'll come up with more. Been a huge college wrestling fan almost all of my life. My dad took me to my first wrestling meet in 1992 when I was 7 years old up at Carver Hawkeye arena. Been hooked ever since.

A Gold Medal from the 2001 World Championships at Madison Square Garden. (Think it through before you correct me.)

Nice (And yes, I read you)

well I obviously don't get it then.....since the 2001 Worlds were unfortunately moved from MSG and later held in 2003. So, somebody please explain???