Sign in to follow this  
BigTimeFan

Lee 0-2 next two duals? What then?

I think it's possible that Spencer Lee goes 0-2 next two weeks losing to Pich and then Nato. I am not saying it's likely, but we can't rule it out. Now let's say that happens, what does that mean for him and for Brands? 

Well, it obviously means that Tom Brands is a horrible coach since he makes bad decisions, can’t really obtain the right recruits, or is incapable of properly training the ones he lands.  The result is that the wrestling world can continue to breath sighs of relief that the hated Iowa Hawkeyes will not in the near future unleash the hell it did upon college wrestling that it did when Gable last coached over 20 years ago.  Egos are safe.  Life is still good.  And those old scars will continue to diminish.

Edited by HoundedHawk

Would going 0-2 over his next two matches put qualifying for NCAAs at severe risk? I'm not sure what the OP is trying to get at, but I don't think it's such a big deal for a true freshman to drop a couple of matches at this point in the season, so long as he qualifies and peaks for the postseason.

Edited by pamela

I think it's possible that Spencer Lee goes 0-2 next two weeks losing to Pich and then Nato. I am not saying it's likely, but we can't rule it out. Now let's say that happens, what does that mean for him and for Brands? 

It means he lost 2, so train hard and get ready for the next one, what else can he do? 

NaTo is going to duck until the B1G. If PSU wins the title again, Cael needs to send the Brands a thank you card. Lee is going to throw enough of a monkey wrench into the mix that is ruins tOSU chance at the trophy.

There is a pretty realistic chance that he could go 0-2. The rankings would suggest as much. However, it's not completely out of the realm of possibility that he go 2-0. If he goes 0-2 he loses nothing really, except maybe further destroying his aura of invincibility. The better question would be what if he wins? What does that do for rankings and potential seeding.

Edited by russelscout

He may well lost two. Bet if he does it will be a good lesson on specific areas he needs to work on. For all the bitching about Brands(me included) he is still a good coach and between him and the staff they will get Lee ready to face any shortcomings so he has the best chance as the Big Tournament comes around.

Would going 0-2 over his next two matches put qualifying for NCAAs at severe risk? I'm not sure what the OP is trying to get at, but I don't think it's such a big deal for a true freshman to drop a couple of matches at this point in the season, so long as he qualifies and peaks for the postseason.

I didn’t have any too specific mind. The question was more a follow on to the whole question around pulling his shirt.

Would going 0-2 over his next two matches put qualifying for NCAAs at severe risk? I'm not sure what the OP is trying to get at, but I don't think it's such a big deal for a true freshman to drop a couple of matches at this point in the season, so long as he qualifies and peaks for the postseason.

OP is trying to start a flame war about Iowa and Lee and sit and wait til Cletus and clan get here and create a 15 page thread.