• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

#21 russelscout

russelscout

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 482 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 08:53 AM

There is a pretty realistic chance that he could go 0-2. The rankings would suggest as much. However, it's not completely out of the realm of possibility that he go 2-0. If he goes 0-2 he loses nothing really, except maybe further destroying his aura of invincibility. The better question would be what if he wins? What does that do for rankings and potential seeding.

Edited by russelscout, 11 January 2018 - 08:55 AM.

"To use the word domination for me, we do preach that to our guys. We talk about building leads and scoring points, but when I'm talking to an audience it's almost hypacritcal in my mind. We got work to do before we get to the domination." -Tom Brands

#22 WillieBoy

WillieBoy

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 09:44 AM

He may well lost two. Bet if he does it will be a good lesson on specific areas he needs to work on. For all the bitching about Brands(me included) he is still a good coach and between him and the staff they will get Lee ready to face any shortcomings so he has the best chance as the Big Tournament comes around.

#23 BigTimeFan

BigTimeFan

Gold Member

• Members
  • 5,325 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 12:18 PM

Would going 0-2 over his next two matches put qualifying for NCAAs at severe risk? I'm not sure what the OP is trying to get at, but I don't think it's such a big deal for a true freshman to drop a couple of matches at this point in the season, so long as he qualifies and peaks for the postseason.

I didn’t have any too specific mind. The question was more a follow on to the whole question around pulling his shirt.

#24 russelscout

russelscout

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 482 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 12:25 PM

Would going 0-2 over his next two matches put qualifying for NCAAs at severe risk? I'm not sure what the OP is trying to get at, but I don't think it's such a big deal for a true freshman to drop a couple of matches at this point in the season, so long as he qualifies and peaks for the postseason.

OP is trying to start a flame war about Iowa and Lee and sit and wait til Cletus and clan get here and create a 15 page thread.
  • krippler and Cletus_Tucker like this
"To use the word domination for me, we do preach that to our guys. We talk about building leads and scoring points, but when I'm talking to an audience it's almost hypacritcal in my mind. We got work to do before we get to the domination." -Tom Brands

#25 xander

xander

Gold Member

• Members
  • 4,948 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 01:35 PM

Metcalf
Tony Clifton

#26 Cletus_Tucker

Cletus_Tucker

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,208 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 02:00 PM

It would be quite the sobering moment.   If they pulled him from Midlands due to a single loss and a need to protect his confidence, one can only speculate what they'd do to him after consecutive losses.    They wouldn't want to hurt his confidence or throw off his psyche.     These are 2 huge matches and at 125, Lee has struggled in huge matches (Fix, Desanto, Bresser).    I'm not going to go out on a limb and say he wins both, and quite frankly I'll be happy with a split.   I have to believe the Lee fan base  will be doing much second guessing and finger pointing in the event he goes 0-2.   At this point I'd like to see him get out there and just focus on his wrestling.   The pressure has got to really be taking a toll on him.    One social media site had commentary with fans calling for Brands job after Midlands.   That's too much to put on the young kid.     

• ironmonkey likes this

#27 russelscout

russelscout

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 482 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 02:05 PM

...and here he is. Right on Cue. Let the **** show begin.

Edited by russelscout, 11 January 2018 - 02:06 PM.

#28 Cletus_Tucker

Cletus_Tucker

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,208 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 02:05 PM

OP is trying to start a flame war about Iowa and Lee and sit and wait til Cletus and clan get here and create a 15 page thread.

Rosie is that you?   

I only hope for the best regarding Lee.   

#29 TobusRex

TobusRex

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,509 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 02:09 PM

I think it's possible that Spencer Lee goes 0-2 next two weeks losing to Pich and then Nato. I am not saying it's likely, but we can't rule it out. Now let's say that happens, what does that mean for him and for Brands? 

Kill 'em all and let God sort 'em out.

#30 TBar1977

TBar1977

Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • 12,264 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 02:29 PM

NaTo is going to duck until the B1G. If PSU wins the title again, Cael needs to send the Brands a thank you card. Lee is going to throw enough of a monkey wrench into the mix that is ruins tOSU chance at the trophy.

I'll send a case of Omaha Steaks to Brands if Pat Downey can take out Myles Martin at NCAA's. 

• TheOhioState and krippler like this

Penn State - NCAA Champions 7 of the last 8 Years

#31 Eagle26

Eagle26

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 585 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 02:49 PM

Love the first two comments lol!!

I agree it's wouldn't affect his chances at a national title. May even help him

#32 Joe24

Joe24

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 06:00 PM

I think it's possible that Spencer Lee goes 0-2 next two weeks losing to Pich and then Nato. I am not saying it's likely, but we can't rule it out. Now let's say that happens, what does that mean for him and for Brands? 

Obviously his opponents were stalling.  

#33 Joe24

Joe24

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 06:00 PM

What did 2X defending champ Heil losing two in a row mean for him and Smith? 

We don't know, right?

#34 Joe24

Joe24

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 06:01 PM

If he loses, he can never go undefeated.  But with a loss, he can go to nationals and still clean up. 

mspart

Well, he is defeated. 

#35 Joe24

Joe24

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 06:01 PM

i for one will jump out a window as my head explodes.

Promise?

#36 Joe24

Joe24

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 06:04 PM

Would going 0-2 over his next two matches put qualifying for NCAAs at severe risk? I'm not sure what the OP is trying to get at, but I don't think it's such a big deal for a true freshman to drop a couple of matches at this point in the season, so long as he qualifies and peaks for the postseason.

I really don't think Picc is a good match-up for Picc.  NATO, we shall see.  I think Cruz will give Lee fits.  

#37 Joe24

Joe24

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 06:05 PM

a

NaTo is going to duck until the B1G. If PSU wins the title again, Cael needs to send the Brands a thank you card. Lee is going to throw enough of a monkey wrench into the mix that is ruins tOSU chance at the trophy.

All depends on seeding.  Better not get Cruz or Bresser, right?

#38 Joe24

Joe24

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 06:10 PM

Okay, maybe we should re-think the "best lightweight room in the country"?  I mean, Lee was never supposed to lose in college, and he has already.  Bet if Lee went elsewhere Iowa "fans" would have pointed this out.  Lee needs to stop being Iowa and move more in Neutral.  

#39 TobusRex

TobusRex

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,509 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 06:21 PM

I really don't think Picc is a good match-up for Picc.  NATO, we shall see.  I think Cruz will give Lee fits.  

Picc has problems dealing with his own length!!

#40 BigTimeFan

BigTimeFan

Gold Member

• Members
  • 5,325 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 01:08 AM

Lol, maybe, but that can happen at any time for any reason on these boards!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users