I think he's goon enough to be good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#62 KTG119

KTG119

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,278 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 08:09 AM

ol' Cletus will be squarely in Lee's corner, supporting his efforts for the Hawks as well as (hopefully) the senior level freestyle team down the road. nobody rooted for Brent Metcalf more than ol' Cletus, and I'm sure Lee will get that same kind of support. 

#63 russelscout

russelscout

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 482 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 08:10 AM

He's also a huge Gilman fan I believe
"To use the word domination for me, we do preach that to our guys. We talk about building leads and scoring points, but when I'm talking to an audience it's almost hypacritcal in my mind. We got work to do before we get to the domination." -Tom Brands

#64 Cletus_Tucker

Cletus_Tucker

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,208 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 08:13 AM

Did you take a similar stance with Mark hall? I don't remember you being so vocal about it; downplaying his talent and focussing on any weekends you can think of.

Nah, we didn't see the same type of dynamic in that case.      Cael isn't trending downward and he is no where near being on the hot seat,.  He doesn't have all his eggs in one basket, so to speak.       Also plenty of us expected Hall to be very good, but perhaps AA good and not an undefeated 4 timer.     The fact Valencia is in the weight class had most viewing him as the class of the division and Hall not expected to win it all.   When he did it was an exciting surprise.  I think most expected him to lose to the Ohio State kid or Valencia.     Losing in red shirt and at Carver Hawkeye arena pretty much had him grounded (the fan base expectation).     I literally have only heard from 1 of my friends from the Hawk fan base since the Bresser loss and I can tell you it's due to a huge let down once the wildly outrageous expectations were crushed.        I can't speak for everyone, but I can tell you those who I know who penciled Lee in as the next great unbeaten wrestler are still smarting from the reality check and are now laying low.      I would love nothing better than for Lee to win his next 2.     I get no pleasure out of seeing Lee's fans humbled and defeated.    

#65 Cletus_Tucker

Cletus_Tucker

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,208 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 08:16 AM

Big Br

ol' Cletus will be squarely in Lee's corner, supporting his efforts for the Hawks as well as (hopefully) the senior level freestyle team down the road. nobody rooted for Brent Metcalf more than ol' Cletus, and I'm sure Lee will get that same kind of support. 

Big Brent fan here and I am thrilled with his move to Iowa State.   Brent as a Cyclone is still surreal but I am firmly behind him and the rest of the guys over in Ames.   

I'm still working on accepting Gilman.    I am not entirely sold on him as a person but I do back the USA team in most cases.    It's going to be a process with him.    I need to see more positive character and less BS.    Brent is one of my favorite Hawks and obviously I'm pretty excited about Lee.       

• pjm46 and KTG119 like this

#66 Witherman

Witherman

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 648 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:11 AM

Reading cletus’ posts in this thread was just the chuckle I needed on this Friday afternoon waiting for my ISP connection to be restored at the office

#67 TobusRex

TobusRex

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,509 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 03:34 PM

He’s not that little anymore. He clearly spent a ton of time in the weight room two summers ago.

He's absolutely ripped. I've watched him wrestle this year and he's definitely a brute. Cruz is turning guys like they weigh 3 pounds.

He seems smaller framed than the other 125 pounders to me. He must be solid as a rock. It kinda shocks me the lack of regard he's being shown...he's a defending champ and wrestles smart/aggressively and he's undefeated (yeah, I know Picc beat him at All Star match).

Edited by TobusRex, 12 January 2018 - 03:38 PM.

#68 TobusRex

TobusRex

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,509 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 03:36 PM

He's also a huge Gilman fan I believe

Hey, nobody's perfect!!

#69 Aviator12

Aviator12

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 398 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 11:05 AM

I think it's possible that Spencer Lee goes 0-2 next two weeks losing to Pich and then Nato. I am not saying it's likely, but we can't rule it out. Now let's say that happens, what does that mean for him and for Brands?

A new in season binder emerges.

#70 BigTimeFan

BigTimeFan

Gold Member

• Members
  • 5,325 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 06:15 AM

And his two Midlands wins.

I meant three and a row when I said 0-3. I was thinking Bresser then Picc and then Tomo.

#71 BigTimeFan

BigTimeFan

Gold Member

• Members
  • 5,325 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 06:15 AM

And his two Midlands wins.

I meant three and a row when I said 0-3. I was thinking Bresser then Picc and then Tomo.

#72 BigTimeFan

BigTimeFan

Gold Member

• Members
  • 5,325 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 06:17 AM

By the way anyone know if this is on Flo or Btn?

#73 WildTurkey44

WildTurkey44

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,308 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 06:24 AM

You can figure it out. There is info everywhere about the dual

#74 BigTenFanboy

BigTenFanboy

Gold Member

• Members
  • 4,680 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 07:06 AM

A simple "It's on BTN at 4pm est/3pm ct" would suffice instead of letting your passive aggrevise inferiority complex showing through.

#75 WildTurkey44

WildTurkey44

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,308 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 07:07 AM

Hey look, you figured it out. Congrats
  • rcoates1 likes this

#76 BigTenFanboy

BigTenFanboy

Gold Member

• Members
  • 4,680 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 07:15 AM

Hey look, you figured it out. Congrats

No thanks to you.

The genius that you are probably didn't even realize that BigTimeFan and I are two different people.

#77 BigTimeFan

BigTimeFan

Gold Member

• Members
  • 5,325 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 07:42 AM

True, mostly. The Flo site is annoying about what they do and dont have and when I’m on the road like today if someone happens to know it can be a big help.

#78 TBar1977

TBar1977

Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • 12,264 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 07:47 AM

A simple "It's on BTN at 4pm est/3pm ct" would suffice instead of letting your passive aggrevise inferiority complex showing through.

You don't understand, Wild Turkey's self esteem comes from ripping PSU fans on the net. 

Penn State - NCAA Champions 7 of the last 8 Years

#79 BigTenFanboy

BigTenFanboy

Gold Member

• Members
  • 4,680 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 07:48 AM

You don't understand, Wild Turkey's self esteem comes from ripping PSU fans on the net.

He's not very good at it which explains why it's so low.

#80 TFBJR

TFBJR

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 07:50 AM

No thanks to you.

The genius that you are probably didn't even realize that BigTimeFan and I are two different people.

I think BigTimeFan catches a lot of undeserved heat due to name confusion.  

• Witherman likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users