Sign in to follow this  
Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin

HUGE news my brothers!

Russia lineup announced for Ivan Yarygin 2018! We have 3 wrestlers in one weight class + winners and runner-ups in Mindiashvili memorial (it is little tournament, Yarygin team trials) held before Ivan Yarygin 

What we have:

57: Zaur Uguev (World team member), Azamat Tuskaev (World cup silver)

61: Gadzhimurad Rashidov (World runner-up), Aleksander Bogomoev (Baku 2015), Ismail Musukaev (Russian nat's runner-up)

65: Alan Gogaev (Olympic team member 2012), Ilyas Bekbulatov (Iowa killer, European champ), Akhmed Chakaev (world bronze, Kadyrov cup winner, Yarygin champ)

70: Israil Kasumov (World silver), Magomed Kurbanaliev (World champ)

74: Khetag Tsabolov (World champ), Magomedkhabib Kadimagomedov (instagram fan, love to take pictures of himself in the lift)

79: Aniuar Geduev (Olympic silver medalist), Akhmed Gadzhimagomedov (Oklahoma king), Alan Zaseev (junior world champ)

86: Vladislav Valiev (mr. ugly and sneaky wrestling style), Dauren "love show muscles to Penn state fans" Kurugliev (World silver, European champ), Artur Naifonov 

92: Abdulrashid Sadulaev (maybe move up 97,unknown), Anzor "cut weight champ" Urishiev (2012 Olympic team member), Yuri Belonovskiy 

97: Vladislav Baytsaiev (European champ), Shamil Musaev, Rasul Magomedov (Ivan Yarygin runner-up and U23 world)

125: Bilyal "Jore Rogan calls him "gorilla""  Makhov (3x world champ, bronze 2012 Olympics), Anzor Khiziriev (Russian nat'l champ 2017), Alan Khugaev (Yarygin champ 2017)

Looks good. Hope they do brackets so team members don't wrestle each other right away but have to go through eliminations before it hits.

Would be nice if it were an honest Double Elimination tournament so all who travel were assured of at least two matches. That should be the standard for all tournaments.

Looks good. Hope they do brackets so team members don't wrestle each other right away but have to go through eliminations before it hits.

Would be nice if it were an honest Double Elimination tournament so all who travel were assured of at least two matches. That should be the standard for all tournaments.

i am so happy that UWW cut 95% wrestling in Yarygin and now Yarygin became more hardest wrestling tournament, it is like Dragon legend gran-prix, best of the best in Yarygin! it is like All americans wrestler in one event, it is like super start match West vs East NCAA states! Now freak wrestlers from Krasnoyarsk and Yakutiya won't compete in Yarygin olololo

79: Aniuar Geduev (Olympic silver medalist), Akhmed Gadzhimagomedov (Oklahoma king), Alan Zaseev (junior world champ)

Looks like Geduev is back. Gadzhimagomedov won Yarygin gold in 2017, bronze in 2016, and gold in 2015 aginst Howe.

Zaseev is back. Haven't really seen him since he teched Dieringer in Jr. World finals.

Really want to see Dake in this field.

He was an average sized 86 for wrestling, I think that's his right weight. When he was at 86  I didn't notice any significant size difference between him and his opponents. I watch MMA a lot and there's Welterweights (77kg) who seem bigger than him or at least his size, if he was in that sport he may even be in that weight class. Went up just for the challenge it seems. I still have him as p4p number 1. 

Edited by Shiraz123

I read most of the Russian wrestling sites and blogs/forums frequently but I have not read such a thing that they try to avoid Snyder anywhere, definitely not for Sadulaev. From all I've read Sad and his coach want 97kg because they think Sad can beat Snyder, but federation seems to think Sad is really 86kg wrestler so long term 97kg is just not a great fit, Snyder or not. 

It seems clear they want Sad 'in the middle' for few reasons. First, they can spare him the 97kg stress on his body (more potential injuries). Second, allow him to win again at 92kg, then Europeans at 92kg in Dagestan and then likely, worlds at 86kg or 97kg (more like, 97). Third, have him adapt at this intermediate weight and slowly move to 97kg and not like before, jumping to 97kg where he gave up 10kg+ in each bout -- crazy and dangerous for his career.

Also, someone wrote that Snyder allows himself to lose at tournaments like Yarygin so if Sad wins now its unclear what it means at this stage -- he is likely to stay at 92kg anyway for Europeans.

Edited by wfan24

I read most of the Russian wrestling sites and blogs/forums frequently but I have not read such a thing that they try to avoid Snyder anywhere, definitely not for Sadulaev. From all I've read Sad and his coach want 97kg because they think Sad can beat Snyder, but federation seems to think Sad is really 86kg wrestler so long term 97kg is just not a great fit, Snyder or not. 

It seems clear they want Sad 'in the middle' for few reasons. First, they can spare him the 97kg stress on his body (more potential injuries). Second, allow him to win again at 92kg, then Europeans at 92kg in Dagestan and then likely, worlds at 86kg or 97kg (more like, 97). Third, have him adapt at this intermediate weight and slowly move to 97kg and not like before, jumping to 97kg where he gave up 10kg+ in each bout -- crazy and dangerous for his career.

Also, someone wrote that Snyder allows himself to lose at tournaments like Yarygin so if Sad wins now its unclear what it means at this stage -- he is likely to stay at 92kg anyway for Europeans.

maybe who knows? we'll see